Author Topic: Stephen Hawking says the universe created itself  (Read 1256 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Stephen Hawking says the universe created itself
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
How is saying the Universe created itself any different then saying God created the Universe? They are both "something out of nothing" theories.

The only difference is that we actually know the universe exists. Why bother involving an invisible and mystical all-powerful entity?
Because we are not debating that the universe exists, we are debating how it was created. Hawking provides no proof for his universe created itself theory (which violates the conservation of mass principle). Therefore I can't accept it because it has the same flaw as creationism: no evidence.

There's no proof for any of this. Since we have no evidence, all of this is speculation. However, there is clearly a difference between Hawking making up some theory and an all-powerful divine being. We know the universe exists.
I feel like we are going in circles here. The question is not whether the universe exists. Everyone knows it does. The question is how it was created. Hawking saying the universe created itself and Creationists saying God created the universe have the same flaws since they both lack any real evidence. Beyond the Big Bang, their isn't any proof one way or the other.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
Is any body else starting to think QT left to research the subject and not sound like an idiot talking about the wind?
NObody else

If he did, then he did a horrible job. most people learn and grow, but with him, it's almost like he's gone backwards. it's obvious religion has been a huge part of his entire life. He's constantly talking about what he was taught and how our views go against everything he was taught. I think his emotions have gotten the best of him. You see him make comments like "You don't tell a nigga there's no god". What the fucc is that about? And because of those emotions, I believe he's gotten more religious than before and that's why I think he's making less and less sense. This is what religion does to the weak minded. It's almost like cancer. You go from being to stupid to being brain dead.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
How is saying the Universe created itself any different then saying God created the Universe? They are both "something out of nothing" theories.

The only difference is that we actually know the universe exists. Why bother involving an invisible and mystical all-powerful entity?
Because we are not debating that the universe exists, we are debating how it was created. Hawking provides no proof for his universe created itself theory (which violates the conservation of mass principle). Therefore I can't accept it because it has the same flaw as creationism: no evidence.

There's no proof for any of this. Since we have no evidence, all of this is speculation. However, there is clearly a difference between Hawking making up some theory and an all-powerful divine being. We know the universe exists.
I feel like we are going in circles here. The question is not whether the universe exists. Everyone knows it does. The question is how it was created. Hawking saying the universe created itself and Creationists saying God created the universe have the same flaws since they both lack any real evidence. Beyond the Big Bang, their isn't any proof one way or the other.

The universe exists. Hawking is speculating about spontaneous creation.

Creationism uses a divine entity that is not known to exist to explain the universe's creation.

They are both ideas with no real evidence behind them, but do you not see that one of them at least tries to have a basis in reality and the other asks you to conjure up an all-powerful entity? One is more "reasonable" than the other simply because it doesn't involve the supernatural.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »
If He exists outside time and space, as we know it, how does he have to be created? How do we know there isn't somethang bigger than Space?? 

So.....if you don't feel its necessary for this god to be created by something, then why do you think its necessary for the universe to be created by something? My point being, you feel so compelled to come up a creator, but you completely ignore the creation of the creator. It seems a waste of time because you aren't really answering the question of how things came to be.

You laugh at the idea that the universe created itself. But now you're saying that God created itself? Just replace God with Universe and you'd be saying the same thing.

QT you plan on offering a response to this?

I - feel - that - the - universe - was - created - by - somethang - becuz - I - don't - believe - in - coincidence. A term coined by scientists who can't figure out why thangs happen. If there is a reason why you eat, a reason why you drink, a reason why you sleep, there's gotta be reason why we live. You can pose some LAME ASS examples all day to try to refute this next statement, BUT THIS WORLD IS MADE IN PERFECTION. The way your blood pumps, your digestion system, your brain, the way the Earth rotates the Sun, the way you breathe, how you breath and intake oxygen, how the plants breathe, reproduction, rain that brings forth plants, growth of crops. How could you sit there in your chair and tell me THAT ISN'T DESIGN. HOW? Look here, we have these questions called the Five W's. Remember, we learned them in elementary? Who? What? When? Where? Why? I'ma ask them again. You think bout this now. Who? - What? - When? - Where? - Why?

Why does God have to be created if he is in a different realm? Above what our minds EVEN CAN COMPREHENDED! God could be uncreated, UNCREATED, in a place where a living human being will ever get to or ever measure or find. An uncreated force, that CREATED space. You ever heard the song, Don't Play With God, He Ain't Nothing To Play Wit?

Look I don't know how anythang can self create itself, I DON'T KNOW, OKAY I DON'T KNOW. But after all these THOUGHTS, I start thinking about thoughts. Thoughts, what the fuck is a thought? Damn, there has just gotta be somethang extra ordinary above US!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
Is any body else starting to think QT left to research the subject and not sound like an idiot talking about the wind?
NObody else

What do you mean? Like as in reading? Yes, yes I have. That is where I spent 7 months. In books. :nahnah:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »
NObody else

If he did, then he did a horrible job. most people learn and grow, but with him, it's almost like he's gone backwards. it's obvious religion has been a huge part of his entire life. He's constantly talking about what he was taught and how our views go against everything he was taught. I think his emotions have gotten the best of him. You see him make comments like "You don't tell a nigga there's no god". What the fucc is that about? And because of those emotions, I believe he's gotten more religious than before and that's why I think he's making less and less sense. This is what religion does to the weak minded. It's almost like cancer. You go from being to stupid to being brain dead.

LOL at weak minded. I'm not the one who deserts thinking, wondering, and humility, to follow some arrogant, 'rebellious', egotistical idea. Shut de door, keep out de devil.

Sikotic™

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
This is a stupid discussion. We are arguing about speculation. Pinning one person's speculation against another when neither has any proof is just fuckin retarded. Almos tlike Christians and Muslims arguing how their religion is more truthful than the other.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 04:33:59 PM »
LOL at weak minded. I'm not the one who deserts thinking, wondering, and humility, to follow some arrogant, 'rebellious', egotistical idea. Shut de door, keep out de devil.
Are you serious?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Anunikke

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »
This is a stupid discussion. We are arguing about speculation. Pinning one person's speculation against another when neither has any proof is just fuckin retarded. Almos tlike Christians and Muslims arguing how their religion is more truthful than the other.
Let's not forget we're discussing a book that nobody here has read.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
^ So that's pretty ignorant. To try and down it, and you haven't even read it.  :nawty:

Proves my point about the 'rebellious' idea of Atheism.

Are you serious?

Dead ass.

*See above.

Anunikke

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
^ So that's pretty ignorant. To try and down it, and you haven't even read it.  :nawty:

Are you serious?

Dead ass.

*See above.
Hawkins book, don't tell me you've read it.

Rebellious idea of atheism?
Spoiled kids wanting to piss of their parents usually turn to islam not atheism.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant The Bible.

Sikotic™

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 12:38:51 AM »

Are you serious?

Dead ass.

*See above.
To me, rebellious = denying proven truths such as scientific theory in order to feel comfortable believing a fairy tale.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:26 AM »
Haha! I make this topic and come back to see how its going and find its got over 50 replies, was not expecting that!  ;D

Maybe God created himself....same thing as the universe created itself....

Anunikke

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »
Haha! I make this topic and come back to see how its going and find its got over 50 replies, was not expecting that!  ;D

Maybe God created himself....same thing as the universe created itself....
Maybe God is an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics :P