Author Topic: a non hip hop forum....yay or nay  (Read 324 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
a non hip hop forum....yay or nay
« on: December 21, 2002, 12:58:04 AM »
i was thinking last week , should we have a Non hip hop forum? and let outbound connections concentrate on hip hop outside of the west.

i already asked trauma if he'd be down to moderate with me and he said ya, so there's your mod's and murrow too if he wants to

so what do y'all think

just keep it how it is
or have a seperate forum dedicated to other music

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:a non hip hop forum....yay or nay
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 01:09:14 AM »
You 3 fools would be tha only ones in there... I say nay.

Next thing you know there's gonna be a Punk Rock forum.. a Disco forum... People are gonna forget this place is about Hip Hop. And anywayz... I bet there's a gang of Beatles fans somewhere else in tha Internet other than WCC.. go discuss it with them.

But I agree with you though... those threads don't really belong in "Outbound Connections"... maybe in Anything Goes or Sports & Entertainment.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

closetothalimit

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 02:48:45 AM »
i say yay, it would be cool to have a place to talk about rock and alternative music and some classics such as Led Zeppelin and The Hendrix Experience - but there probably isnt enough demand for it and outbound connections is already used for threads on non-hip-hop but it would be cool so im a yay.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 03:08:43 AM »
not enough people would post in it. and after all WCC = West Coast Connection

so nay

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 06:07:31 AM »
I'd say nay. We're lucky to have this forum (Outbound) in the first place 'cos initially this is a westcoast hip-hop forum. Plus, you can post some non hip-hop threads in here aslong as you don't flood the place, Trauma does every now and again.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 07:01:09 AM »
Yeah, I don't think there'd be much traffic.  Usually people don't even respond much to the stuff I post, people just aren't interested Jake.  Peace~

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 08:08:22 AM »
I'd do it.  I could mod for sure.  Shit, Jake Trauma and me would be enough for disscussion...we'd keep busy just the three of us.

Also, get T.K. - He'd post a lot.

Jome

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 09:50:23 AM »
Im kinda tired of seeing M.J., Cat Stevens, what worse is.. threads in Outbound, but I dont think it would be visited much..

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 10:11:38 AM »
What I think is messed up is that we have an Anything Goes & a Sports & Entertainment.  Those two should be merged and we should make a Non Hip-Hop/R&B forum.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 11:06:11 AM »
I say Nay.  Even tho I'd be all over that forum, I think it's a bad idea for WCC.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2002, 12:34:59 PM »
Nay...i always want to say somethin when yall are postin that Rock shit here...but i bite my tongue for some reason...do it in anything goes...outbound connections is for non west coast HIP HOP

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2002, 12:58:22 PM »
I'd be down for it.

EM28

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2002, 12:59:40 PM »
it doesn't matter to me cause I probably wouldn't even post there.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2002, 03:36:27 PM »
I say Nay.  Even tho I'd be all over that forum, I think it's a bad idea for WCC.  

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2002, 03:40:20 PM »
i see it like this. we all come to WCC because we have a common interest in west coast music. i think its good to have the outbound section because if we have simliar music taste we can be exposed to other music because we know the people recommending it know what they're talking about (not always the case though). i like to talk to the others about non hip-hop topics because i want to tell them about stuff i think they might like, and vice versa. however i don't know that there would a lot of traffic. i think if anybody wants to post a topic about non hip-hop music than they should be able to do so here. i mean we have place here that don't even deal with music. and i think that is great. its not like someday down the road sports and entertainment is gonna take over WCC, and i don't think a non hip-hop forum ever would either. but because i dont' think it would get much traffic, i say no, but i think we should definately be able to post non hip-hop topics in Outbound. peace