Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous' (QT must be a fan)  (Read 928 times)

Sikotic™

Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous' (QT must be a fan)
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous,' says he's never seen a half-human, half-monkey

BY Sean Alfano

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 8:57 AM

Glenn Beck says he's never seen a half-man, half-monkey.

Glenn Beck thinks the theory of evolution is a bunch of monkey business.

The wildly popular Fox News host Wednesday called the idea that humans evolved from primates "ridiculous."

While the deeply religious Beck denouncing evolution isn't a shock, his defense was a head-scratcher: "I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet. Did evolution just stop?"

Scientists have shown humans and chimpanzees share roughly 96% of the same DNA. Chimps are classified as apes, not monkeys.

Beck, however, is only interested in what God has to say on the matter.

"I don't know how God creates. I don't know how we got here," Beck said. "If I get to the other side and God's like, 'You know what, you were a monkey once,' I'll be shocked, but I'll be like, 'Whatever.'"

The most recent polls on the debate show Beck is certainly not alone in his dismissal of evolution. More than 40% told a 2006 Pew survey that humans have only existed in our present form and of the 51% who did accept evolution, 21% said it was guided by a "supreme being."

CBS News' 2005 poll found more than 50% rejected evolution.

Beck equated the argument to global warming, which he says scientists, along with evolution, "force it down your throat."

"When anybody has to force it, that's a problem. You didn't have to force that the world is round. Truth is truth. You don't have to force the truth."
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Anunikke

Re: Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous' (QT must be a fan)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »
Ok, now I'm sure, nobody takes fox seriously people have just been fucking with my head.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
lol, this reminds me of a Futurama episode. Where they keep coming up with a new species to link apes closer to man. And then everyone wants to know the link between the new species and humans. And on and on and on....

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »
Well now we on Rapsodie's expertise.

Evolution still don't proof shit. Evolution proves Evolution. Adaptation. Not creation. WE WASN'T MONKEYS. WE have basically the same exact genes as rats. Were we rats? No, Lil' Cease maybe but not WE.

Didn't you hear? They where just tryin' to explain Black People, so they said they evolved from Apes. ::) And ya'll still believe that theory. :-X

Fraxxx

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »

Evolution still don't proof shit. Evolution proves Evolution. Adaptation. Not creation. WE WASN'T MONKEYS. WE have basically the same exact genes as rats. Were we rats? No, Lil' Cease maybe but not WE.

Didn't you hear? They where just tryin' to explain Black People, so they said they evolved from Apes. ::) And ya'll still believe that theory. :-X

7 million years ago our ancestors were pretty much monkeys. The first human-like foot prints were left 3. fuckin 6 MILLION years ago. Ain't hard to imagine that from then to now the ape just got a little too intelligent. 8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzuhbA-syCE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=de_DE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AzuhbA-syCE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=de_DE</a>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:36:07 AM by Fraxxx »
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Anunikke

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:00:26 AM »

It proves we evolved from a organism so simple creating wouldn't have looked that impressive.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »

FIrst of all, learn up on evolution before you say anything about it. This is a typical problem with you. You try and debate topics that you know little about. Sure, you know what evolution means, but do you actually know any of the reasoning behind it or about any of the evidence? Have you studied any of the fossils they've uncovered? Learned about any of the species they've found? Looked at the timeline?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:44 AM »
Hasn't some religions accepted the theory of evolution already? 

Anunikke

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »
No but a lot of followers have accepted it.
"I think evolution might be the answer to why not how" or some bullshit like that.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc. How are we the only of the living and breathing that have a 'conscientiousness' and know right from wrong. Go ahead, say what Fraxxxx said, we got more intelligent. But how does intelligence form morality? How can we go from instincts to decision making? So until then, until they can form a fuckin' 'theory' for that too, I'm callin' we were made separate! And I don't give a fuck, 'how', just that we were.

Anunikke

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc. How are we the only of the living and breathing that have a 'conscientiousness' and know right from wrong. Go ahead, say what Fraxxxx said, we got more intelligent. But how does intelligence form morality? How can we go from instincts to decision making? So until then, until they can form a fuckin' 'theory' for that too, I'm callin' we were made separate! And I don't give a fuck, 'how', just that we were.
Exactly, from what you have read ;)

Some animals have a fucking economy.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »
No but a lot of followers have accepted it.
"I think evolution might be the answer to why not how" or some bullshit like that.

Most religious people accept Micro-Evolution, because it's impossible to dispute it. IT'S A FACT. For those who don't know: Micro-evolution is the alteration of a specific trait due to natural response. Take a look at Darwin's observation of the changes in finches. Isolated in the Galapagos Island, Darwin discovered finches that had much longer beaks than those found off the island. His assumption was that evolution was changing the species. However, these finches remained finches. Princeton professor Peter Grant completed an 18 year study of the finches on this island. He concluded that during drought years, the finches with shorter beaks died off because with a limited supply of seeds, only those that could reach the grubs living under tree bark could survive. With limited resources on a small island, these finches could not migrate to find food. We clearly observe natural selection, but not macro-evolution. However, it is not a permanent change. The finch offspring with shorter beaks prospered during seasons of plenty. Natural adaptation is the function of micro-evolution. There are three plainly observable principles to micro-evolution. 1. A trait will alter because of a stimulus. 2. The trait will return to the norm if left to nature or returned to its original conditions. 3. No new information is added to the DNA. This gives you a pretty clear idea of how this works and you can't dispute any of this. It's a proven fact. It's much harder to prove Macro-Evolution, even though the case for it is very strong.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

How does intelligence form morality? I keep hearing this question from people I know and you know I'm ashamed of this race I belong to. How would life be if everybody tried killing everybody? How would life be if everybody lied? Or how would it be everybody stole? It would make absolutely no sense to live in a world like that and if you need The Bible to tell you this then I'm sorry your IQ is that low.

Yes I know, the ten commandments are written in my heart.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:25:38 PM by C-BLUE »

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc.
So now animals don't make decisions? Really, homie? You never owned a pet or went to the zoo? All you gotta do is go outside and stare at some birds for 5 minutes and you can see that they encompass thought, decision making and are aware of their mortality even without our intelligence.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »

How does intelligence form morality? I keep hearing this question from people I know and you know I'm ashamed of this race I belong to. How would life be if everybody tried killing everybody? How would life be if everybody lied? Or how would it be everybody stole? It would make absolutely no sense to live in a world like that and if you need The Bible to tell you this then I'm sorry your IQ is that low.

Yes I know, the ten commandments are written in my heart.

Excellent questions C-Blue. Now tell me where does morality come from?

Yeah. I'ma wait..............