Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous' (QT must be a fan)  (Read 927 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous' (QT must be a fan)
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc.
So now animals don't make decisions? Really, homie? You never owned a pet or went to the zoo? All you gotta do is go outside and stare at some birds for 5 minutes and you can see that they encompass thought, decision making and are aware of their mortality even without our intelligence.

Are all those birds flocking that bird seed because they are board?

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 08:53:37 PM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc.
So now animals don't make decisions? Really, homie? You never owned a pet or went to the zoo? All you gotta do is go outside and stare at some birds for 5 minutes and you can see that they encompass thought, decision making and are aware of their mortality even without our intelligence.

According to what you said earlier: yes. They don't possess thought so why would they be eating to survive?

I mean, birds don't migrate to their mating grounds in groups in order to decrease the change of predation and increase the survival of their offspring.

There aren't a species of sea gull who eat shellfish by cracking the shell of clams and oysters by dropping rocks on them

I could go on and on forever with examples on just birds alone, but none of those behaviors show decision making and a thought process. It's just some random shit they happen to do. Or better yet, it's just their instinct............even a lot of those same birds have been found to not take part in those behaviors. I guess they don't choose that either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc. How are we the only of the living and breathing that have a 'conscientiousness' and know right from wrong. Go ahead, say what Fraxxxx said, we got more intelligent. But how does intelligence form morality? How can we go from instincts to decision making? So until then, until they can form a fuckin' 'theory' for that too, I'm callin' we were made separate! And I don't give a fuck, 'how', just that we were.

How does intelligence form morality? I keep hearing this question from people I know and you know I'm ashamed of this race I belong to. How would life be if everybody tried killing everybody? How would life be if everybody lied? Or how would it be everybody stole? It would make absolutely no sense to live in a world like that and if you need The Bible to tell you this then I'm sorry your IQ is that low.

Yes I know, the ten commandments are written in my heart.

Excellent questions C-Blue. Now tell me where does morality come from?

Yeah. I'ma wait..............

I just did, but you didn't get it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »

According to what you said earlier: yes. They don't possess thought so why would they be eating to survive?

I mean, birds don't migrate to their mating grounds in groups in order to decrease the change of predation and increase the survival of their offspring.

There aren't a species of sea gull who eat shellfish by cracking the shell of clams and oysters by dropping rocks on them

I could go on and on forever with examples on just birds alone, but none of those behaviors show decision making and a thought process. It's just some random shit they happen to do. Or better yet, it's just their instinct............even a lot of those same birds have been found to not take part in those behaviors. I guess they don't choose that either.

Exactly, they act on instinct not thought. Animals don't have sex becuz they are in love. They have sex becuz somethang in them tells them they are supposed too.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »
Still, the one fact, that can't no evolutionist, at least from the articles I read, can't one of them explain to us, why we are the only living who possess morality, thought, decision making, etc. How are we the only of the living and breathing that have a 'conscientiousness' and know right from wrong. Go ahead, say what Fraxxxx said, we got more intelligent. But how does intelligence form morality? How can we go from instincts to decision making? So until then, until they can form a fuckin' 'theory' for that too, I'm callin' we were made separate! And I don't give a fuck, 'how', just that we were.

How does intelligence form morality? I keep hearing this question from people I know and you know I'm ashamed of this race I belong to. How would life be if everybody tried killing everybody? How would life be if everybody lied? Or how would it be everybody stole? It would make absolutely no sense to live in a world like that and if you need The Bible to tell you this then I'm sorry your IQ is that low.

Yes I know, the ten commandments are written in my heart.

Excellent questions C-Blue. Now tell me where does morality come from?

Yeah. I'ma wait..............

I just did, but you didn't get it.

The ten commandments are written in your heart?

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 02:34:57 AM »

Exactly, they act on instinct not thought. Animals don't have sex becuz they are in love. They have sex becuz somethang in them tells them they are supposed too.
Not true. Studies show primates, dolphins and whales have sex for pleasure. Not all birds choose to migrate at the same time and not all of them know how to open shellfish with a rock. You know why they can't all do that shit, because they must be taught by their parents. Animals learn behaviors because they are are able to think. Birds learn songs in order to attract mates. You wanna talk about decision making, animals whether they are insects, lizards or mammals contemplate fighting over territory and mates and decide whether the fight is worth acquiring those assets and possibly becoming injured or dying. Yes, they weight their costs and benefits just like you and me. All you gotta do is watch Discovery Channel to see that.

You know, I noticed Christians have a hard time with the concept that we really are no different than most animals. They hate that shit. They wanna feel like we were solely made in God's image and that God actually made us distinctly different from all over living things. Bullshit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »

Not true. Studies show primates, dolphins and whales have sex for pleasure. Not all birds choose to migrate at the same time and not all of them know how to open shellfish with a rock. You know why they can't all do that shit, because they must be taught by their parents. Animals learn behaviors because they are are able to think. Birds learn songs in order to attract mates. You wanna talk about decision making, animals whether they are insects, lizards or mammals contemplate fighting over territory and mates and decide whether the fight is worth acquiring those assets and possibly becoming injured or dying. Yes, they weight their costs and benefits just like you and me. All you gotta do is watch Discovery Channel to see that.

You know, I noticed Christians have a hard time with the concept that we really are no different than most animals. They hate that shit. They wanna feel like we were solely made in God's image and that God actually made us distinctly different from all over living things. Bullshit.

Don't forget  the thesis that that our beahviour/decisions are also predeterminated. Neurological research has found out that all our decisions are made before we actually think about them, that decisions are final before they reach our     consciousness.

Categories like morality are only illusions to explain human behaviour, which 'seems' different than that of animals. The only thing that differentiates us from animals is our brain capacity/structure, which seem to give us more possibilities for action and consciousness, but our behviour is still similar to that of all animals.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:12:24 AM by still not decided »

Muhfukka

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
you are a sheltered little child quiettruth

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
This is gettin' ridiculous.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
you are a sheltered little child quiettruth

Yeah I think that's the heavily edited version. First of all it's obvious that DNA has dealt him some low cards; low IQ, a gullible mind and an unpopular color. Then the environment leaves him fatherless with mom and grandma left to raise him. Grandma being overly protective and very religious while mom is very unstable, very promiscuous and most likely a drinker who can't hold down a job longer than two months at a time. His mother's actions traumatize him and with no father around, he's always a little unsure of himself. He's got few male friends and he finds himself preferring the company of an aging, but overly protective grandmother who's been brainwashed by religion and things that usually don't make sense in the real world. She's had a long habit of sheltering him from the outside world, she loves to quote The Bible and feels it's her duty to tell him how all the bad people go to hell when they die. Little does she know how much fear she's instilled in that poor boy. This old lady has done nothing but weaken him and destroy him in ways his simple mind sadly can't comprehend. It is my sincere belief that no other person (including his mother) has contributed more to his fears and insecurities than that woman. Yet to him, she's a saint and what's worse, she makes sense to him. DNA has made sure of that.

How's my aim QT? ;D

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »
Off.

Now :stop:. I'm offending people. So enuff wit egging the children on.  :)

(See I used a smiley, so u know I'm 'joking' around) (And I mean me, when I say children.)
(By the way, I wasn't even gonna post, but like an ass I went and did, so I'm sorry.)

Anunikke

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:53 AM »
Isn't a virus mutating pretty much evolution?
Or at the human species being immune to a lot of diseases after generations.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 10:16:12 AM »
Isn't a virus mutating pretty much evolution?
Or at the human species being immune to a lot of diseases after generations.

this is a common misconception that people have, evolution is an information gaining process whilst mutation is an information losing process, mutations happen when something goes wrong for eg down syndrome.

mutations can look like evidence for evolution like when you mentioned viruses mutating, but when viruses actually do this they lose information that can make them vulnerable to medicine for eg metaphorically speaking its like a person wearing lots of metal during a thunderstorm becomes vulnerable to being struck by lightning but when that person takes all of his metal off (losses the information) they havent become stronger (evolved) but just have lost the thing that makes him vulnerable to getting killed

SO PRUP

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGPGknpq3e0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BGPGknpq3e0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&lt;/object&gt;</a>

Crows using cars to crack nuts so they can eat them, then they wait for the stop light to go down and pick them up...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtmLVP0HvDg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TtmLVP0HvDg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofjo26O0z_o?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ofjo26O0z_o?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Crow makings/using tools

"In the decades that followed, researchers observed that orangutans also used tools. For example, they used leaves and sticks to handle and open prickly fruit, and crafted leaves into rain hats. In some ways, such observations weren't a surprise. Zookeepers had long taught captive orangutans to hammer nails and to use keys or screwdrivers."

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/orphantoking/intelligence.html

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:29:44 AM by The Militants Turn, Startled!! »

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
so sad how people like glenn beck are ruining this great country