Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - RAIN [Prod. by DR. DRE] Info. + Graphic Inside!!!  (Read 2887 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Bishop Lamont - RAIN [Prod. by DR. DRE] Info. + Graphic Inside!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 06:51:07 AM »
 8) my expectations are high for this, so hopefully i won't be disappointed :laugh:
i guess this is not gonna be a huge banger like "blow your mind", but getting ready a dark cinematic feel. Unfortunatly, bishop is probably gonna be on some slow flow mode on this one to fit the theme and beat which is likely to be slow paced. Anyway, always a pleasure to finally hear a reformation cut, he been talking about this one at least one year ago, he said dre didn't like the beat that much as far as i remember, but dre's standard is so high it doesn't mean that much.
line up for angola 3 is very nice, dunno about this godzilla thing, is this gonna be all new material too ?
but Dre probably coached him on this song, so his flow could/should be better
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:52:52 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
Can't lie. Im hyped. This is probably one of the later recordings he's done with Dre, so as Dre Day said, Dre probably coached him so this gonna be interesting to hear.

B.Lamont Fan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 08:14:37 AM »
This will be a dope track, and I can"t wait for the song with Kurupt.

I heard that Bishop will drop 'Mecha God-Spilla' mixtape only in Japan. Rebel, can you confirm ?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:30 AM »
Can't lie. Im hyped. This is probably one of the later recordings he's done with Dre, so as Dre Day said, Dre probably coached him so this gonna be interesting to hear.
yeah, the flow was right on Grow Up & Hallelujah, wouldn't you agree?

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »
the video same day 8)

sofdark

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
it aint fake homie... watch

Oh okay. I thought it was just another bullshit mixtape put together by a japanese DJ trying to make money off another rappers name (wouldn't be the first).
Thanks for clearing it up though.

no offense to bishop or his fans but DJ from over seas wouldn't use Bishops name to make profit. Game or Xzibit at least.

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »
dude should drop an indie alum with his best aftermath material like king tee did..build his hype up for a real debut with new shit
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
looking forward to this

anyone know why Bishop is the only ex-Aftermath artist who seems to be able to leak the material he recorded?

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »
dude should drop an indie alum with his best aftermath material like king tee did..build his hype up for a real debut with new shit

thatd be like a genie conjures you a top-notch bitch for one night and youd come all over her after 1 min...

EDIT: no homo

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

MistaNova

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
no offense to bishop or his fans but DJ from over seas wouldn't use Bishops name to make profit. Game or Xzibit at least.

You'd be surprised how well gangsta rap can actually sell in Japan. Why do you think Bad Lucc and O.G. Daddy V made Japan-only releases, lol?
Japan's also probably the only place I know (other than here probably) that still listens to the west. I mean I once saw Kurupt's Down & Dirty getting love from a magazine claiming it was "new and original" ::).

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
This will be a dope track, and I can"t wait for the song with Kurupt.

I heard that Bishop will drop 'Mecha God-Spilla' mixtape only in Japan. Rebel, can you confirm ?

Yes it's only in Japan, but I'm sure it'll make its way online sooner or later.

36bpride

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »
Props...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
here's a quote from a bishop interview, which mentions Rain:

DX: When we last spoke almost two years ago, it was too premature to start talking about joints. You’re sacrificing album joints to mixtapes and other artists, but tell me about one track that’s definitely sitting tight for the album….
Damizza: Tell ‘em about the Halloween record, son!
Bishop Lamont: Oh! I was about to say that, Damizza! I can give that one away. For me, it’s exciting with this album, man, because I’ve had so much more time to work on it than I expected. So it’s become so fuckin’ super-alpha-mega-ultra type shit right now that it’s stupid. I’ll give away one. It’s a record called “Rain” that Dre produced, featuring The New Royales. It’s based on my birthday, and it’s like a ghost story.
Damizza: It’s one of those imagery records, you know how Dre makes records where you walk through a scene? It’s like one of those. It’s a story-rhyme. It’s a beat like Dre hasn’t done in years. It just paints a picture in your mind of a dude walking through his birthday. He’s going crazy, this guy!
Bishop Lamont: My birthday’s on Halloween, so I always wanted to do a record for my birthday. Since it’s supernatural, I wanted to do something ill. It’s just dope. Focus and Oscar helped me together as well. [DJ] Khalil came in. Dre came in at times to hear it and said, “Man, you made me like that beat.” It be shit he didn’t even like. It just became amazing stuff, from the cinematic level of the “Rain.” The best way to simplify it is, it’s like my “Murder Was The Case” [click to read] a “Stan” [click to read].
Damizza: Really.
Bishop Lamont: I’m proud of it.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1263/title.bishop-lamont-for-all-seasons

DjKeyz

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »
Gonna be dark as fuck can't wait bro

Paul

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 04:34:53 AM »
here's a quote from a bishop interview, which mentions Rain:

DX: When we last spoke almost two years ago, it was too premature to start talking about joints. You’re sacrificing album joints to mixtapes and other artists, but tell me about one track that’s definitely sitting tight for the album….
Damizza: Tell ‘em about the Halloween record, son!
Bishop Lamont: Oh! I was about to say that, Damizza! I can give that one away. For me, it’s exciting with this album, man, because I’ve had so much more time to work on it than I expected. So it’s become so fuckin’ super-alpha-mega-ultra type shit right now that it’s stupid. I’ll give away one. It’s a record called “Rain” that Dre produced, featuring The New Royales. It’s based on my birthday, and it’s like a ghost story.
Damizza: It’s one of those imagery records, you know how Dre makes records where you walk through a scene? It’s like one of those. It’s a story-rhyme. It’s a beat like Dre hasn’t done in years. It just paints a picture in your mind of a dude walking through his birthday. He’s going crazy, this guy!
Bishop Lamont: My birthday’s on Halloween, so I always wanted to do a record for my birthday. Since it’s supernatural, I wanted to do something ill. It’s just dope. Focus and Oscar helped me together as well. [DJ] Khalil came in. Dre came in at times to hear it and said, “Man, you made me like that beat.” It be shit he didn’t even like. It just became amazing stuff, from the cinematic level of the “Rain.” The best way to simplify it is, it’s like my “Murder Was The Case” [click to read] a “Stan” [click to read].
Damizza: Really.
Bishop Lamont: I’m proud of it.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1263/title.bishop-lamont-for-all-seasons

I hope this doesnt dissapoint
funkyfreshintheflesh