Author Topic: Snoop Dogg x Marty James “New Year’s Eve”  (Read 1501 times)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Snoop Dogg x Marty James “New Year’s Eve”
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »
i kinda like it too.
this is not what i was hopin for doggystyle 2 but its a good track imo.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:55:37 AM by Snoopaveli »

Portugoal

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 06:33:19 AM »
I like it :-X

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 07:31:13 AM »
This shit is  wack. I turned it off after the i heard the hook because i already know how snoop flows on these weak songs.
My thing is, why would he drop this kinda song to promote Doggystyle 2? This isnt even Doggystyle 10 caliber.

And i can guarantee you that this wont be a "single". What artist have you ever seen provide a free download to the first single off their upcoming album?
This is nuffin more then a promotional song, like snoop usually does before hes about to really release shit, like he did with Snoop Dogg Millionaire. And WTF is this coming out 2+ months before New Years?

Hopefully the 1st official single wont be this bad.

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 07:32:26 AM »
And hopefully this wont even be on the album.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »
Somethin tells me this garbage will end up on the album. Lets not forget how early on he put out Thats Tha Homie and it ended up on his last album.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »
i'm classic like Detox or Doggystyle 2.

come on now, snoop's 'experiments' are far from original.

Ok well, yeah sure he experiments with other styles and ideas that he didnt come up with, like down south beats and audio tune but i meant like how he works with differant producers on every album and makes all kinds of songs.
 Double edged sword, dont want him sounding the same all the time yet we want him to stick with the formular that works.
 i like how he dose differant shit but of course we all wish he'd make music like he used to. We all know it aint happening, thats why i dont understand the "doggystle 2" idea..
 Kinda like gets peopels hopes up but then as mentioned sounds more liek R&G2 or MIW2.

oh yeah it's different for him.
well every now and then he drops some nice songs, like Protocol.

anyway, doggystyle is his best selling album, so he's trying to capitalise on that.
it probably won't work though

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »
Somethin tells me this garbage will end up on the album. Lets not forget how early on he put out Thats Tha Homie and it ended up on his last album.

That's Tha Home is a banger tho, beats slaps the hell out erry system! And I like the concept of the song, it fitted Snoop very well to be "Uncle Snoopy" from around the way. But that's just my opinion...

That new song, I dunno... like Nima already said, it's VERY similar to "I Wanna Rock" and I don't really feel the vibe. Snoop should come off with something more creative or he can put this so called "Doggystyle 2" in his ass!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Mietek23

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 10:00:36 AM »
LMFAO, you gotta be kidding Snoop :D

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 10:17:42 AM »

Will_B

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
C'mon guys be real. This free track is a calling card for advertising Snoops next album that will drop in March. It's not going to be on the album. Not in a million years - why would a tune about New Years be on an album released in the Spring? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »
If it's a hit of any kind it will be on the album

Will_B

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 11:29:51 AM »
Extremely unlikely. Christmas/New years shit never appears on albums.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
C'mon guys be real. This free track is a calling card for advertising Snoops next album that will drop in March. It's not going to be on the album. Not in a million years - why would a tune about New Years be on an album released in the Spring? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ehm, because he announced it himself that it will be the first singel from the album? Not that I take everything Snoop say as valid information, the guy changes his mind about things constantly so who know's where this track will end up. That being said, I hope it ends up where it belongs: in the fucking trashbin.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
Seems like most snoops strongest tracks these last few years seem to be non album tracks that just pop up out of nowhere like his let it rain jam

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
And i can guarantee you that this wont be a "single". What artist have you ever seen provide a free download to the first single off their upcoming album?

He specifically called it the single when he leaked it