Author Topic: DJ Quik dissing Game was lame  (Read 2343 times)

Will_B

Re: DJ Quik dissing Game was lame
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:14 AM »
the media loved it

Well shame it wasn't promoted better. Maybe noone reads reviews as well as not wanting to actually pay for music? ::)

midwestryder

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
Dude the fact of the matter is that you had to bring up Jersey Shore and Lady Gaga shows how lame your post is.  I'm sure TMZ is just following him 24/7 snapping pictures and knocking down his door for interviews and gossip LOL.  He hasn't done anything huge since he did a track for Jay-Z back in 2003 and that hardly qualifies him to be a "celebrity."
And the fact that you're dictating good music by who TMZ is following shows how lame your basic outlook on music is.

There are millions of fucking celebrities. As I stated, he's not A-list. But not everyone that is a celebrity is. You could be a fucking bench player on the Lakers and you're still a celebrity because you step out into the public and people recognize you. That doesn't mean you're getting fucking swarmed like you're the biggest dude in the world.

I mean you gotta be trippin if you're goin to compare Quik to being on the same level as anyone on the Lakers LOL The Lakers are on tv all the time man, the last time DJ Quik was on tv was when The Game let him in the background sayin he was his DJ.....The Lakers are the best team on the planet and there are only 12 Lakers in the entire world and you're goin to compare a guy who doesnt even have 15000 facebook fans to him?? get out of here with that....people in Florida or New York are going to know Shannon Brown far before they ever know the guy who used to be in the background at The Game's concerts.. dude you just need to get out more seriously man.
the last time dj quick was on tv was not when The Game let him in the background sayin he was his DJ at all. you do know the dj quick is part of snoop doggs band that tours eveywhere with snoop  & helps snoop produce his albums .  dj quick has been on 106 park with snoop & even pointed out by terrance & roxie. mtv jams still plays his videos evey week . see you are poping loving sellout bitch with your ignorance . dj quick is stiil big name & every west coast rappers has said his name in last year in there interviews about how much he has done for west . see you will be suprised how many people know dj quick but you are too ignorant & closeminded to see it .so get your facts right because everything said is false ass bullshit opinion .i just made you lost stupid with facts . stop being a game dickryder  & hate towards anyboy who iis not game .. also Dj quick produced  on ice cubes latest album ,dumbass. it was dope ass track .

MarshColin

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »
Add to that list that DJ Quik was on one of the most popular TV shows in recent years: Entourage. If you've ever seen the show you would know that it is filled with CELEBRITY cameos, and Quik was one of them.

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:44 AM »
This is the kind of music press I'm checken for...

Bad Lucc x Raekwon x Devi Dev x DJ Quik x Warren G

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
This is the kind of music press I'm checken for...

Bad Lucc x Raekwon x Devi Dev x DJ Quik x Warren G
this in australia?

dreamz818hiphop

• Lil Geezy
  • Dreamz aka Cali Dreamz
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
Ok let me drop some words on this here! I just saw this forum haven't heard the song yet, or don't even understand what is going on here? But from one person to another Quik has always been original with his own sound that nobody can come close to. Yeah his music now at days probly ain't the same like back in the 80's or 90's but music has changed! The whole rap game has changed! Nothing ever stays the same! All this smashing on Quik ain't nothing but shit talk cause you don't like the dude! Now I know Quik personally, Quik is my boy! Him and KK! I've kicked it in the studio with him when he was working on his project with Kurupt and I was working on mine! We were in G One's studio in Studio city when I asked Quik when is he going to drop another album. He said he doesn't have to drop another album and if he does its for his fans! He talked to me about Game but never dissed him, Quik is just a musical dude! He is an artist and a humble cat! He can not want to be bothered at some times but thats just cause he gots a whole lot going on at some times! Just like anyone when they don't want to be bothered when they got alot going on! Quik has a good heart! I was a fan when I met him but now he is my boy cause I see him on a personal leval! When I was at one of his shows at the Key Club a fight broke out when Quik was on stage. I ran out back met up with him and Infra Red and he saw that I has his back on that situation! Another day when I was in the studio I was about to record and Quik came in and hooked me up! He brought his own sony mic in and started padding up the wall to sound proof it sound checked it for me and said here you go Dreamz! He had respect for me as a person and therefore I got respect for him as a person! So all that smashing on someone when you don't even know him is uncalled for!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:10:13 AM by dreamz818hiphop »

Mehdi

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2010, 05:59:34 AM »
Ok let me drop some words on this here! I just saw this forum haven't heard the song yet, or don't even understand what is going on here? But from one person to another Quik has always been original with his own sound that nobody can come close to. Yeah his music now at days probly ain't the same like back in the 80's or 90's but music has changed! The whole rap game has changed! Nothing ever stays the same! All this smashing on Quik ain't nothing but shit talk cause you don't like the dude! Now I know Quik personally, Quik is my boy! Him and KK! I've kicked it in the studio with him when he was working on his project with Kurupt and I was working on mine! We were in G One's studio in Studio city when I asked Quik when is he going to drop another album. He said he doesn't have to drop another album and if he does its for his fans! He talked to me about Game but never dissed him, Quik is just a musical dude! He is an artist and a humble cat! He can not want to be bothered at some times but thats just cause he gots a whole lot going on at some times! Just like anyone when they don't want to be bothered when they got alot going on! Quik has a good heart! I was a fan when I met him but now he is my boy cause I see him on a personal leval! When I was at one of his shows at the Key Club a fight broke out when Quik was on stage. I ran out back met up with him and Infra Red and he saw that I has his back on that situation! Another day when I was in the studio I was about to record and Quik came in and hooked me up! He brought his own sony mic in and started padding up the wall to sound proof it sound checked it for me and said here you go Dreamz! He had respect for me as a person and therefore I got respect for him as a person! So all that smashing on someone when you don't even know him is uncalled for!

I do agree witcha, whats wrong wit dat stupid muthafucca Love33 Bitch ass Nigga ??
DJ Quik iz not arrogant, I met him maybe Love33 iz a desesperated fag waitin to BJ rap's artists U BITCH U
Stop talkin shit Love33

Jimmy H.

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »
Love33 is just a confused dude. He's in love with mainstream club music so anything that doesn't qualify as that doesn't work for him. I can't knock him for it. Everybody wants something different but I'd rather have my favorite rappers try to create diverse music than just try to making a hit single with whatever artist is hot.

As for Quik? Man, forget it. I know there's a lot of hate because it's West Coast and everybody wants another Safe + Sound or Rhythmalism but he's still one of my favorite artists. It's 20+ years later and the guy is still passionate about his craft. I make like some of his albums better than others but I've never regretted buying a DJ Quik CD. It's too bad if some fans don't get excited for his music anymore but you always have the option of playing his old shit.

Will_B

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 01:12:58 AM »
Quik's music is like a workout for your brain. Every new track he drops has to be listened to, mastered and make fiends with.

And +1 for positivity in posts on the dub :)

FreeMac

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 04:23:40 PM »
Muthafuckas talkin bout Quik ruins beat with his funk samples? Quik is the definition of G-Funk.

Game was hot his first 2 albums, but he aint done shit in years...he fucked his career off by burning every bridge he ever crossed.

Quik = Legend

Game = Lost potential.