Author Topic: I predict Niki Minaj will be platinum first week  (Read 772 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I predict Niki Minaj will be platinum first week
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:00:44 AM »
Don't like any of the Cash Money/Young Money type of music... but this new video "Right Thru Me" sounds like an authentic pop hit, and is about to take her out of Waynes shadow and put her on Rihanna's level or bigger.   I don't know if it was her idea or her publicist, or an outside producer, but they got the perfect/single video coming out now to really make her blow up.

It's hard to predict record sales in the 21rst century with the internet interrupting sales.  I knew if it was 98 she would do Britney numbers, and with this new video and all the hype surrounding her she will probably still be able to pull platinum.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:09:07 AM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: I predict Niki Minaj will be platinum first week
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »
i hate rap these days lmao

leave it to the technologically unadvanced southern states to support it's artists so much

while east and west coast fans are smart enough to DL shit haha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 07:45:55 AM »
leave it to the technologically unadvanced southern states to support it's artists so much

while east and west coast fans  are smart enough to DL shit haha

A majority of those sales are from DL's. Ringtone DL's that is.

I predict that Ninaj'll start dating Drake a few days before the album drops and break up with him when it flops. Drake's next single will be about him singing about how women use men with a auto-tuned verse by Wayne who's still locked up.
Or be the next Lil Kim and go down as the biggest irony in hip hop since 2Pac being a New York native.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
If Wayne or Drake can't do Platty neither will her.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »

I predict that Ninaj'll start dating Drake a few days before the album drops and break up with him when it flops. Drake's next single will be about him singing about how women use men with a auto-tuned verse by Wayne who's still locked up.
Or be the next Lil Kim and go down as the biggest irony in hip hop since Dr. Dre went from World Crossdressin Crew to NWA

fixed ;)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:19 AM »

Or be the next Lil Kim and go down as the biggest irony in hip hop since 2Pac being a New York native.

Not that I disagree with anything you said, but how exactly is Kim a hip-hop irony?

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 08:20:07 AM »
Not that I disagree with anything you said, but how exactly is Kim a hip-hop irony?

Kim's not the ironic part. Minaj's career becoming like hers is (remember their so-called beef?). The only difference is that she won't sell as many units.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »

Kim's not the ironic part. Minaj's career becoming like hers is (remember their so-called beef?). The only difference is that she won't sell as many units.

Your trippin man... Whether we like it or not Minaj is going to blow Kim away with her record sales.  Minaj will sell more on this record then all of Kim's solo albums combined.  Dude, I live in Kansas City where they love ignorant rap music, and Minaj is fuckin huge here!  Maybe you don't see it because you live in a city that's not as ignorant as mine.

MistaNova

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 09:07:40 AM »
Your trippin man... Whether we like it or not Minaj is going to blow Kim away with her record sales.  Minaj will sell more on this record then all of Kim's solo albums combined.  Dude, I live in Kansas City where they love ignorant rap music, and Minaj is fuckin huge here!  Maybe you don't see it because you live in a city that's not as ignorant as mine.

Oh my city's ignorant alright, just not crazy on Minaj. Or anybody in hip hop post-Eminem for that matter.
Sides I doubt Minaj'll move that much. She'll probably be competing with Thank Me Later. She may seem all hyped up and looking as if she's going to live up to all now, but it's always the same story for every promising album. The album leaks just hours before the release and from there the only numbers that go up are those on the DL meters on some online file-service.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
if her album sells outsells Kanye's album, it will be a disgrace
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
I predict she wont even go platinum

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
if her album sells outsells Kanye's album, it will be a disgrace

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »

Drake already went Plat

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »
It would not surprise me too much if she did go plat, but I think more in the 300-600k range 1st week is more reasonable.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »

"The Carter 3" went platinum in its first week and Drake went platinum after a month (in Canada "Thank Me Later" went plat in its first week).