Author Topic: I predict Niki Minaj will be platinum first week  (Read 771 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: I predict Niki Minaj will be platinum first week
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »

Oh my city's ignorant alright, just not crazy on Minaj. Or anybody in hip hop post-Eminem for that matter.

If that's true then I think your city is much smarter than you think
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Matty

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »
i predict it will be total shit whatever the sales are.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »
of course shes going platinum, shes the black britney spears

if you listen to her hit records, youll notice alot of the magic is the producer's edits and musical direction ala britney spears.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
I predict 500k, dont think she'll hit plat
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »
cosign

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
of course shes going platinum, shes the black britney spears

if you listen to her hit records, youll notice alot of the magic is the producer's edits and musical direction ala britney spears.

That's partly what I was saying in starting this thread.  This may have started as a Young Money/Cash Money project like any other crews who had a female who came out with her own album...

...but something happened and she's developed her own following, movement.  People in high places in the entertainment and advertisement industry really started seeing the dollar signs.  Now, I think Niki Minaj has some of the biggest names in publicity, production, photography/art direction, etc. all behind this project 100%.   They are going to turn this into a huge pop hit and catapult her to being the #1 female artist, like a Britney or a Rihanna or even a Beyonce.

The star-making machines of the entertainment world are now behind her project 100%
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:20:40 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
The West is Back

TRG

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »
1 million albums sold in one week? nooo waayy

MistaNova

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »
Now, I think Niki Minaj has some of the biggest names in publicity, production, photography/art direction, etc. all behind this project 100%.   They are going to turn this into a huge pop hit and catapult her to being the #1 female artist, like a Britney or a Rihanna or even a Beyonce.

The star-making machines of the entertainment world are now behind her project 100%

The entertainment world in North America maybe, but to the rest of world Minaj is a no-name. One of the reasons I think Lady Gaga blew up was because almost every country on the fucking globe knew her name. People where playing her in New York, London, Tokyo, Paris etc... and she sold more in European and Asian areas than in America (she went 9x plat in Ireland whereas she only did 3x in the U.S.). Drake's album kinda ended up with "eh" success because he was litterally a no-name everywhere other than North America (the only places he reached plat were in the U.S. & Canada). Minaj's promotion staff'll need to bring promotion to a whole new level if they want her to be a success in the short time left before her album drops.

Anunikke

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 03:50:39 AM »
Now, I think Niki Minaj has some of the biggest names in publicity, production, photography/art direction, etc. all behind this project 100%.   They are going to turn this into a huge pop hit and catapult her to being the #1 female artist, like a Britney or a Rihanna or even a Beyonce.

The entertainment world in North America maybe, but to the rest of world Minaj is a no-name. One of the reasons I think Lady Gaga blew up was because almost every country on the fucking globe knew her name. People where playing her in New York, London, Tokyo, Paris etc... and she sold more in European and Asian areas than in America (she went 9x plat in Ireland whereas she only did 3x in the U.S.). Drake's album kinda ended up with "eh" success because he was litterally a no-name everywhere other than North America (the only places he reached plat were in the U.S. & Canada). Minaj's promotion staff'll need to bring promotion to a whole new level if they want her to be a success in the short time left before her album drops.
platinum might mean different things in different countries.
Some base it on sales, some on shipment, this can cause large differences in how easy it is to obtain the plaques.
I also doubt the proportion to the population of a country isn't the same every where.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 05:47:30 AM »
I predict she wont even go platinum

*crosses fingers* maybe then she'll disappear  :-\

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

BIGWORM

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
no way in hell she released that single way too early....

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
If not Gold first week, very close to it.

No less than 450K first week, about 1.3Mill overall
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
I wouldn't say that's a bold statement, but it may not happen.

She had that one song on the radio a few months back, it was heavily played on the radio, but not so much anymore.

Most of her current buzz is off recent features. She has a song with Eminem & even though overall as a song it's weak, Eminem will save it for the mainstream listeners.

Put it like this; if she doesn't, she's going to come awful close.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »
I wouldn't say that's a bold statement, but it may not happen.

She had that one song on the radio a few months back, it was heavily played on the radio, but not so much anymore.

Most of her current buzz is off recent features. She has a song with Eminem & even though overall as a song it's weak, Eminem will save it for the mainstream listeners.

Put it like this; if she doesn't, she's going to come awful close.

Only 3 rap artists in the history of rap have done platinum sales in the first week. You really believe this chick is gonna join that list?