Author Topic: Top 10 Best Rapper of Decade Listed, Nelly Not Happy  (Read 812 times)

S.J

Re: Top 10 Best Rapper of Decade Listed, Nelly Not Happy
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
Nelly shouldnt be on any list of best rappers, if its about record sales and fame rather than talent then he should be on it.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
Nelly shouldnt be on any list of best rappers, if its about record sales and fame rather than talent then he should be on it.

I assumed this was about impact and relevance. If this is about talent than the list blows.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »

9.  Kanye West -  Not a true emcee but he is the best artist of the decade.

In Hip Hop or in music? In either case Em beats him with Stan alone. But in all of music this decade I can think at least a couple that should outright beat him to. If you're only counting the past decade of when the artist started then Jack White. But if the artist can be from any era but only his or her work from this past decade then there's no way Kanye last 4 or so albums and tours can artistically trump the last 5 albums and 6 tours of Bruce Springsteen. In 100 years the history book will show Bruce Springsteen as the quintessential Rock ad Roll solo artist/songwriter/showman and his genius era will be the 70s, with his major impact era being the 80s, and his renaissance will be the 2000s.

Kanye beats out 90s Springsteen maybe, but only 90s Springsteen.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »
that list shows what a sad era it has been for rap.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:21 PM »
white boys done came thru and tried to fade everybody, oh hell no!

fuck LeanLean

and I fucks wit Jack Black, Jack Daniels, and Jack that was fuckin Jill on top of the hill but I ain't never fucked wit no Jack White!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »
white boys done came thru and tried to fade everybody, oh hell no!

fuck LeanLean

and I fucks wit Jack Black, Jack Daniels, and Jack that was fuckin Jill on top of the hill but I ain't never fucked wit no Jack White!

Jack Black the comedic actor?

So are you saying you and the two Jacks get drunk and fuck Jill, or for you take turns fucking her while the other two fuck each other?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
jack black is the worst person ever. and i dont think i need to mention my musical love and respect for jack white. (however, i would put a LOT of albums over anything bruce has done since 2000) the only one that really killled it for me was that seger sessions.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
I never mentioned any minaje`twaz or fuckin any man whutsoever, thatz all u!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »
jack black is the worst person ever. and i dont think i need to mention my musical love and respect for jack white. (however, i would put a LOT of albums over anything bruce has done since 2000) the only one that really killled it for me was that seger sessions.

All I'm saying is his decade as an artist beats out Kanye's. The Reunion Tour followed by The Rising and the Rising Tour, followed by Devils ad Dust and especially the Devils and Dust tour, followed by the SSB and that incredible tour, followed by Magic and that tour stands up against anything any single artist has done over the course of the 10 years. (I didn't mention the last album for a reason and that tour was more or less just an extention of Magic).

I'm not trying to be bias and I wouldn't argue against Jack White's decade, but other than him I can't think of a single artist or band that did anything all that special throughout the decade. Am I missing someone?

A LOT of albums better than Magic, Rising or D and D this decade. Bruce out of the equation, I can't think of a LOT of albums I even listen to from the past decade. I mean full back to front albums, not a couple cuts from them and then ignoring most. I can think of a few, but not a LOT. This was the decade of the digital single. The 90s may have been the decade of the music video. The decade of the LP is long gone.

Loud Pack, and I quote you said "I fuks wit Jack Black". I didn't say that. You did.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »

In Hip Hop or in music? In either case Em beats him with Stan alone. But in all of music this decade I can think at least a couple that should outright beat him to. If you're only counting the past decade of when the artist started then Jack White. But if the artist can be from any era but only his or her work from this past decade then there's no way Kanye last 4 or so albums and tours can artistically trump the last 5 albums and 6 tours of Bruce Springsteen. In 100 years the history book will show Bruce Springsteen as the quintessential Rock ad Roll solo artist/songwriter/showman and his genius era will be the 70s, with his major impact era being the 80s, and his renaissance will be the 2000s.

Dude we are talking Hip-Hop, why the hell would I compare Kanye to anyone outside of Hip-Hop?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

Dude we are talking Hip-Hop, why the hell would I compare Kanye to anyone outside of Hip-Hop?

Because a lot of people do. he himself calls himself a pop star doesn't he? I was just making sure. Either way, Ems two albums and 1 soundtrack trump Kanye's 4.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »

Because a lot of people do. he himself calls himself a pop star doesn't he? I was just making sure. Either way, Ems two albums and 1 soundtrack trump Kanye's 4.

except not. College Dropout >>>>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 06:27:33 AM »

except not. College Dropout >>>>

No way is Dropout better than MMLP.

Si-Chiggedy

Re: i ain't talkin about just u only but...
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »

Outkast gets highly underrated. But Nelly still doesn't touch my top 10, Drake neither. In 2001 when this board opened up, I can never remember a time when anyone listed their top 10 of that year, and Nelly came up. If he was top 10 in most peoples list that year, how at the end his top 10?

overrated.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

I thought i ranked Em number 1?