Author Topic: Top 10 Best Rapper of Decade Listed, Nelly Not Happy  (Read 826 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: i ain't talkin about just u only but...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »

Outkast gets highly underrated. But Nelly still doesn't touch my top 10, Drake neither. In 2001 when this board opened up, I can never remember a time when anyone listed their top 10 of that year, and Nelly came up. If he was top 10 in most peoples list that year, how at the end his top 10?

overrated.

You must have never bought their albums. Can't say they are bad,

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Top 10 Best Rapper of Decade Listed, Nelly Not Happy
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 01:14:21 PM »

9.  Kanye West -  Not a true emcee but he is the best artist of the decade.

In Hip Hop or in music? In either case Em beats him with Stan alone. But in all of music this decade I can think at least a couple that should outright beat him to. If you're only counting the past decade of when the artist started then Jack White. But if the artist can be from any era but only his or her work from this past decade then there's no way Kanye last 4 or so albums and tours can artistically trump the last 5 albums and 6 tours of Bruce Springsteen. In 100 years the history book will show Bruce Springsteen as the quintessential Rock ad Roll solo artist/songwriter/showman and his genius era will be the 70s, with his major impact era being the 80s, and his renaissance will be the 2000s.

Kanye beats out 90s Springsteen maybe, but only 90s Springsteen.

Dude we are talking Hip-Hop, why the hell would I compare Kanye to anyone outside of Hip-Hop?

Because a lot of people do. he himself calls himself a pop star doesn't he? I was just making sure. Either way, Ems two albums and 1 soundtrack trump Kanye's 4.

except not. College Dropout >>>>

No way is Dropout better than MMLP.

Impact wise Em obviously takes it.

Actually quality of the album? Kanye takes it. MMLP relies too much on shock shtick humor that was creative for its time but became played out very quickly. The College Dropout has aged way more gracefully. The skits on MMLP are random and add nothing to the album. The skits on CD actually follow the theme of the album. It is a much more carefully constructed project as a whole.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »

9.  Kanye West -  Not a true emcee but he is the best artist of the decade.

In Hip Hop or in music? In either case Em beats him with Stan alone. But in all of music this decade I can think at least a couple that should outright beat him to. If you're only counting the past decade of when the artist started then Jack White. But if the artist can be from any era but only his or her work from this past decade then there's no way Kanye last 4 or so albums and tours can artistically trump the last 5 albums and 6 tours of Bruce Springsteen. In 100 years the history book will show Bruce Springsteen as the quintessential Rock ad Roll solo artist/songwriter/showman and his genius era will be the 70s, with his major impact era being the 80s, and his renaissance will be the 2000s.

Kanye beats out 90s Springsteen maybe, but only 90s Springsteen.

Dude we are talking Hip-Hop, why the hell would I compare Kanye to anyone outside of Hip-Hop?

Because a lot of people do. he himself calls himself a pop star doesn't he? I was just making sure. Either way, Ems two albums and 1 soundtrack trump Kanye's 4.

except not. College Dropout >>>>

No way is Dropout better than MMLP.

Impact wise Em obviously takes it.

Actually quality of the album? Kanye takes it. MMLP relies too much on shock shtick humor that was creative for its time but became played out very quickly. The College Dropout has aged way more gracefully. The skits on MMLP are random and add nothing to the album. The skits on CD actually follow the theme of the album. It is a much more carefully constructed project as a whole.

College Dropout makes no artistic strides. Nothing in art evolved or improved because of that album. It's just mediocre rapping over sped up, and or simple samples of easy listening. At least MMLP had an edge to it with the Way I am, and a great artistic achievement in Stan. It may not be among my all time favorite tracks but teenage music fans from now until the end of western music will discover Stan and change the way they think of songwriting and lyrical approach. It's not even close. If you want to say Low End Theory isn't as "impactful" as MMLP but it's the better album that's fine, but College Dropout is not even that good an album. It's got no central theme or sound or style.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
^^he's a white guy who likes alternative music that's why.

but me saying "i fucks wit Jack Black" isn't a homo thing, wow that u think that tho.  Besides u bein' a white guy I don't see how u coulda got that wrong.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
^^he's a white guy who likes alternative music that's why.

but me saying "i fucks wit Jack Black" isn't a homo thing, wow that u think that tho.  Besides u bein' a white guy I don't see how u coulda got that wrong.

I listen to more black music than you do.