Author Topic: Time  (Read 475 times)

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
Time
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:38:22 PM »
So the governments decide whether times can go forward or backwards by an hour right, I was watching on the news that it happened in Britain yesterday (well today).. Which leaves me to think, which country has the REAL time? time that hasn't been meddled with etc. And also, what if time was wrong, what if the date was wrong? What dude 1000000 years ago decided, today is "Insert date here" and the world will follow it from here..

CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Anunikke

Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »
Are you serious?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
makes sense tho.  i mean somebody had to convey the message.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
This is too deep for my comprehension.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
Which leaves me to think, which country has the REAL time? time that hasn't been meddled with etc.

Obviously, there is no REAL time. It's just an instrument humans came up with to organise themselves.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:09:43 AM »
^ Good reply, and yeah I am serious. For all we know we could be living in 4010 lol

Anunikke

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »
^ Good reply, and yeah I am serious. For all we know we could be living in 4010 lol
We are living in 4.5 billion if you take the creation of earth as 0 and 13.5 as you take the big bang as 0

All our time measurements are based on simple observations made thousands of years ago.

We just choose to count from when we assume jesus was born.

A year is the time it takes for the earth to make a full rotation around the sun, I say this is a good measurement of time.
A day is the time it takes the earth to make 1 full rotation around itself.
it takes about 365.25 days to make a year, we make this 365 and have an extra day every 4 years.

I think the 24 hour clock is a product of the solar clock (what's the english? you know the thing that uses shade)
This clock thing was round so it was 360 degrees. To keep more specific track of time it was divided into multiple smaller sections: 12 sections of 15 degrees which make up for the hours, no 24 hour clock since that thing was pretty fucking useless at night. this way they knew  when to stop working, start working and take a break.

Every 6 months the clock is changed by an hour to compensate for the different length of the day (time it's light)
Notice how in the summer it get's light when work starts (some jobs at least, a lot of old jobs) and in the winter the day ends when the work day is over.

As for months, well some roman emperors with an inflated ego just started calling specific time periods after themselves.
The months aren't divided equally because some of these people thought they were more important than the other so they stole days from each other.

Days are named after older gods.

People found out about years before we knew the earth orbited the sun because they noticed the repeating seasons.

As far as I know there is no reasonable metric system for time.
I don't even know if it's possible considering that time will slow down as you go much faster and will go slower around extremely massive objects.
It's not a perfect system but how would you keep track of time other wise?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:31:48 AM by Anunikke »

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »

But what if jesus never existed? Okay from the big bang, that was 0 right? If one agrees with the big bang and that side of the theory, not the whole adam and eve stuff, then who was there to record what time and day it was when the world started, if there was nothing but organisms? Surely scientists have just guessed when the world was started, as there was no one, nor nothing was there to even record it.

Anunikke

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »

But what if jesus never existed? Okay from the big bang, that was 0 right? If one agrees with the big bang and that side of the theory, not the whole adam and eve stuff, then who was there to record what time and day it was when the world started, if there was nothing but organisms? Surely scientists have just guessed when the world was started, as there was no one, nor nothing was there to even record it.
I'm starting to think you're confused and not that bright.
No offence but the confusion whether the bible or the big bang theory is right just doesn't make you that bright in my opinion, you're at least ignorant enough to not think about it.

This time measuring system is thousands of years old, the reason we still don't have a new system is because it's hard getting a metric version of time.
It's not even the same every where since time slows down due to the influence of gravity & speed.

There is a law of the universe which states that no information will be lost so it is always possible to know what happened in the past, it's just not always easy to figure it out.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »

I'm starting to think you're confused and not that bright.
No offence but the confusion whether the bible or the big bang theory is right just doesn't make you that bright in my opinion, you're at least ignorant enough to not think about it.

This time measuring system is thousands of years old, the reason we still don't have a new system is because it's hard getting a metric version of time.
It's not even the same every where since time slows down due to the influence of gravity & speed.

There is a law of the universe which states that no information will be lost so it is always possible to know what happened in the past, it's just not always easy to figure it out.

May I ask, how am i confused if I am asking you questions? Is that your response to me oppose Christianity and Christ? I believe in the big bang theory, obviously. Lol @ religion. What I am saying is when the big bang occurred, who was there to record when it happened?

Also, where is your evidence that "time slows down due to the influence of gravity and speed"?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 06:16:39 PM »
We are living in 4.5 billion if you take the creation of earth as 0 and 13.5 as you take the big bang as 0

All our time measurements are based on simple observations made thousands of years ago.

A year is the time it takes for the earth to make a full rotation around the sun, I say this is a good measurement of time.
A day is the time it takes the earth to make 1 full rotation around itself.
it takes about 365.25 days to make a year, we make this 365 and have an extra day every 4 years.

I think the 24 hour clock is a product of the solar clock (what's the english? you know the thing that uses shade)
This clock thing was round so it was 360 degrees. To keep more specific track of time it was divided into multiple smaller sections: 12 sections of 15 degrees which make up for the hours, no 24 hour clock since that thing was pretty fucking useless at night. this way they knew  when to stop working, start working and take a break.

Every 6 months the clock is changed by an hour to compensate for the different length of the day (time it's light)
Notice how in the summer it get's light when work starts (some jobs at least, a lot of old jobs) and in the winter the day ends when the work day is over.

As for months, well some roman emperors with an inflated ego just started calling specific time periods after themselves.
The months aren't divided equally because some of these people thought they were more important than the other so they stole days from each other.

Days are named after older gods.

People found out about years before we knew the earth orbited the sun because they noticed the repeating seasons.

As far as I know there is no reasonable metric system for time.
I don't even know if it's possible considering that time will slow down as you go much faster and will go slower around extremely massive objects.
It's not a perfect system but how would you keep track of time other wise?

coulnt be more clear!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:36 PM »
First off, lol @ ikke giving this guy a serious response. I assumed he was high when he wrote this. But since we're here...

There is no real time. There is no real date. The system everyone uses is the Gregorian calendar. It marks its starting point as the supposed birth of Jesus (a pope introduced it). But in the scheme of things it doesn't matter when Jesus was born or if he even existed. Its an arbitrary starting point and there's no such thing as a right or wrong date. There's only the date everyone agrees to use to cause less confusion. End thread.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:16:07 PM by rapsodie sees the elano in you »

Anunikke

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:44:35 AM »
First off, lol @ ikke giving this guy a serious response. I assumed he was high when he wrote this. But since we're here...

There is no real time. There is no real date. The system everyone uses is the Gregorian calendar. It marks its starting point as the supposed birth of Jesus (a pope introduced it). But in the scheme of things it doesn't matter when Jesus was born or if he even existed. Its an arbitrary starting point and there's no such thing as a right or wrong date. There's only the date everyone agrees to use to cause less confusion. End thread.
I couldn't have formulated it any better.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:42 AM »

Now that's the answer I was looking for, many thanks

Fraxxx

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 04:57:14 PM »

Now that's the answer I was looking for, many thanks

;D ;D ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.