Author Topic: World Premier: Bishop Lamont: The Shawshank Redemption/Angola 3 [Download Now]!!  (Read 3615 times)

sofdark

okay, gave few spins and one thing thats on my mind is "wanted man" track needs a mixing with Bishop's vocals fixed. If he's verse is heard right, shit could be a flamethrower!

and "Home" joint is touching, real smooth story telling by Bishop.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sadatay is great. 

I.W.P & I Like Yo Face, Bitch are borderline amazing if they're meant to be comical tracks, that's to say, he's mocking those type of tracks.  If it's a serious attempt at that kind of track - failure.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

Sadatay is great. 

I.W.P & I Like Yo Face, Bitch are borderline amazing if they're meant to be comical tracks, that's to say, he's mocking those type of tracks.  If it's a serious attempt at that kind of track - failure.

lmao they are obviously a fail if you cant even tell. A song doesn't go from fail to amazing based on the artist's intent. Either it works or it doesn't.

dubsmith nz

• Lil Geezy
Looking forward to downloading this, thought it was gonna be a street album to cop from stores but no drama if its free. Looking forward to GDNIAFT if it drops 1st quater

sofdark

someone need to hook me up with lyrics for Home

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Nickie Greer is on the hook of Oh My God
not to doubt you, but she does sound a bit different on there

Sadatay is great. 

think about it, he's been making such songs for years
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:29:38 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"

Yeah she does. I may have gotten the wrong info but that's what "they" told me.

Young Old Head

maaan, this album has so much potential...too bad that it sounds so fucked up! bishop needs to hire some professionals...not necessarily big budget pro's but ppl with know-how about the craft...

Cash Money Blood Gang

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sadatay is great.  

I.W.P & I Like Yo Face, Bitch are borderline amazing if they're meant to be comical tracks, that's to say, he's mocking those type of tracks.  If it's a serious attempt at that kind of track - failure.

lmao they are obviously a fail if you cant even tell. A song doesn't go from fail to amazing based on the artist's intent. Either it works or it doesn't.

Yeah, it does.  If they're meant to be funny they're great.  If they're meant to be taken seriously, they suck.  It's like Relaspe.  If it was a concept album, it's amazing.  Once Eminem admitted it wasn't, it was ass.  Artist intent does matter.  It's their art and it stands for something.  There's plenty of songs that come out and until the artist speaks on it, it's interpreted differently. Take Drake's Best I Ever Had, most people assumed it was a love song, he said it was a comical song.  Most people felt differently. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:36:36 AM by Action! »
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Yeah she does. I may have gotten the wrong info but that's what "they" told me.
i see.

maaan, this album has so much potential...too bad that it sounds so fucked up! bishop needs to hire some professionals...not necessarily big budget pro's but ppl with know-how about the craft...

i'm sure he has access to these people, but this is a free project.

Young Old Head

i'm sure he has access to these people, but this is a free project.

as an ARTIST i'd have the standart to make my art sound the best way possible, even if it's a free project. why would u put so much energy and effort into somethin if the result sounds like shit?
kendrick lamar is the best example of how it should/could be...

Cash Money Blood Gang

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Likewise why put your full energy into something if you're not going to profit?
- Banks

DjKeyz

By the way, this album is crap imo... with or without a good mastering.

Don't need to mastering a free album like he did it's a waste of money.

Young Old Head

Likewise why put your full energy into something if you're not going to profit?

well, that's also his decision if he doesn't profit...he coulda went the sponsoring route or whatever... but why would u put ur energy into somethin half-assed period? just to be recognized again? that can't be the aspiration tho...

Cash Money Blood Gang

Triple OG Rapsodie

Sadatay is great.  

I.W.P & I Like Yo Face, Bitch are borderline amazing if they're meant to be comical tracks, that's to say, he's mocking those type of tracks.  If it's a serious attempt at that kind of track - failure.

Yeah, it does.  If they're meant to be funny they're great.  If they're meant to be taken seriously, they suck.  It's like Relaspe.  If it was a concept album, it's amazing.  Once Eminem admitted it wasn't, it was ass.  Artist intent does matter.  It's their art and it stands for something.  There's plenty of songs that come out and until the artist speaks on it, it's interpreted differently. Take Drake's Best I Ever Had, most people assumed it was a love song, he said it was a comical song.  Most people felt differently. 

Lol, and I remember making fun of you when you said that about Relapse. You are truly a sheep if a song goes from amazing to crap because of one comment the artist makes about it. Did you enjoy the music? What meaning did you find in it? That's whats important, not a rapper leading you by the hand and telling you what to think. Especially for these Bishop Lamont songs since all we have is a couple people speculating. Even if those songs were intended as a parody, they obviously failed at their intent since you can't even tell.

If Soulja Boy came out now and said Crank Dat was intended to be a parody of watered down pop songs, it wouldn't change a damn thing about the song. It would still be just as horrible.

Vice Versa, there are many classics in rock that the artists have later admitted they pretty much made up the lyrics to confuse people. It doesn't change that they are classics. What's important is what the music audience gets out of it and how they react to it.