Author Topic: Doesnt even feel like Christmas  (Read 232 times)

Pillow

Doesnt even feel like Christmas
« on: December 22, 2002, 02:37:19 PM »
doesnt feel like christmas at all. i remeber last year at this time me, my ucle, dad, grandma, mom, and cuzzin were all jus chillen as a famliy havin a good time sitten around the christmas tree.....

This year we dont even have a tree up, most of my famliy dont even get along anymore, my uncle and dad both died, and i am addicted to weed....damn....my life is goin down tha drain for real....this shit sucks....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2002, 02:37:48 PM by ~Blanket~ »

EM28

Re:Doesnt even feel like Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 02:44:54 PM »
i'm sorry to hear about your dad and uncle blanket.  Yeah it doesn't feel as good as it did last year.  But it still feels somewhat like christmas.  I think my family is going to see 8 crazy nights tonight and go look at peoples lights and shit.

Peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 05:02:11 PM »
Yeah Tin, I hear ya.  I've got this one picture that sticks in my mind, from 2 years ago of my dad handing my brother a christmas present, and he's looking over his glasses, it's just an awesome picture, he looks all happy and stuff.  I can't even stand to look at photo albums anymore, but it haunts me.  This year's christmas sucks, my family is nonexistant, too.  Basically, it's me and my little brother.  My mom has never been much into anything, and my other brother lives with his girl and never visits.  I feel an obligation to hang out with my brother constantly, so that he doesn't grow up screwed up, but man, life with a dead dad sucks, especially at christmas.  I honestly have this "I could give a sh*t" attitude about most things anymore, it's hard to shake, but I try my best.  I'll rise above one day, you will too.  Peace~

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 05:23:05 PM »
damn....yall got it ruff....i dont know what i would do w/o my pops, probably quit school and work
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2002, 05:37:22 PM »
Yeah, I got fired from work, After he died, I just stopped giving a shit, I didn't do a damn thing, and when they said something about it, I'd cuss them out and everythign else.  Eventually they fired me.  It took me three months to find a job after that, and I didn't do very well there, either, it was a sales job, and I was in over my head.  So I got layed off there too, and it's been two months without a job this time, going on the third.  

Luckily I was already done with school.  I used to wonder why Jim Carey talked about his dad's death affecting his life, when his dad had been dead like 5 years.  Now I know, it takes a long long time to get over something like that.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2002, 11:02:38 PM »
if u already went to school why the trouble gettin a job?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 05:28:48 AM »
I understand how you all feel. This will be my third christmas without my mam and grandad here. It's fucked up and I found the first xmas was the worst coz noone wanted to do shit and i was still young, only 15. At 18, I have to pull my weight more, but the shit never stops. There was a big argument last year, so none of my relations are coming home. It was gonna be me, dad, my brother and my gran and her sis at xmas. But then her sis got diagnosed with cancer and shit looks like she'll die before the end of the xmas holidays. So shit looks like next year there'll be three empty spaces at the table and 4 of us left. And shit, thats at eighteen.
But you know how it goes, keep your head up, get a dream and head for it. I know people here understand that feeling where nothing has been said, everyone's quiet, and you know someones gonna die and u can't do shit about it. To tell you the truth I dont let it knock me down anymore. You never get over it, but life goes on. Keep your mind strong.
ITW
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 05:30:11 AM »
Because my degree is in psychology; I intended it to be a supplementary degree to like a job in sales, or customer service, or something like that, I never intended to be a psychologist.  Now I find myself stuck in a weird situation; I can't get a psychology job, because I didn't do any intern work while I was in school, so I don't have any experience.  All the sales jobs are some scandulous 100% commission crap, and the jobs that I WANT (Like today I saw a cool job for a collector/technician for an arcade vending route), they're scared to hire me becuase I have a degree, and they think I'll quit as soon as I find a decent psychology job.

I'm trying to find like a career path, and it's NOT going to be in psychology (does'nt pay), and I don't want to do sales (suit? tie? Yuck).  So, I want a service tech type of position, where I can use my hands, but still have some aspect of sales involved (Like the previously mentioned vendor route).  It's pretty hard to get into.  I could havejust went and got a job working as a insurance salesman, or some crap, but the whole thought of that line of work, and the fake crap I'd have to put up with disgusts me.  I'd much rather work in a service orientated profession.  

Also, on top of it all, the economy is bad, so it's hard to get a job making decent bank.  All I'm trying to do is match the 25 g's I was making at my previous job, but to no avail.  I think from now on, I'm not even gonna list that I'm a college graduate on my resume.