Author Topic: Im amazed at how 50 Cent has become loved and so popular just coz he signed....  (Read 1107 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

A year ago he was labaled as a nobody and got dissed by great rappers from Big pun all the way to Ras Kass. No one gave 2 shits about him but he signs with Eminem and get affiliated with Dre now everyone loves him.

I don't get it.

IMO he is not a good rapper, he never has been and probably never will be. I've heard his new material and other than being funny its pretty rubbish.

Also why isn't posts regarding 50cent put in the outbound forum, afterall he ain't west coast.

::)

platinumk777

well, I liked this guy way before he signed to Shady, and the reason everyone likes him now is probably cause of his beef with Ja Rule. Everyone hates Ja Rule right? And now we got this 50 cent guy, who just signed with Shady, ready to pounce on that fool. So everyone's takin sides with 50 cent. At least that's how I see it
Either that or the fact that he got shot nine times, which deserves a bit of respect as well.
Oh yeah, and say what you want, this guy's an alright rapper

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

A year ago he was labaled as a nobody and got dissed by great rappers from Big pun all the way to Ras Kass. No one gave 2 shits about him but he signs with Eminem and get affiliated with Dre now everyone loves him.

I don't get it.

IMO he is not a good rapper, he never has been and probably never will be. I've heard his new material and other than being funny its pretty rubbish.

Also why isn't posts regarding 50cent put in the outbound forum, afterall he ain't west coast.

nothin 2 add. on point with everything. he's not special at all. they just like him cause he's on shady/aftermath whatever now. and i dont think you have to bring ja rule into this
« Last Edit: December 22, 2002, 03:09:40 PM by l i l j a y »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yeah i see where u coming from, i always thought he was dope, nuttin specail but dope, jus sumthang addicitve about him..............but u gotta understand tehres alot of dre/eminem fans out their who are obviously gonna be  interested in 50 cuz they signed him up, u know.....thats jus the way it is

peace

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Yea I Agree In Away...Id Never Really Paid Him Much Attention Prior, But You Get Exposure Like This And How Can People Not Check Him Out...

IMO He Has His Great Tracks & His Poor Ones...

I Think The Feeding Into The Ja Rule Dissing Is Also Very True. Personally...Ill Judge On The Album As Im Sure Many Of You Will Check Anyway For The Dre Production.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

min0rity

with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

I don't get it.

thank you...

thats what i've been thinking after hearing like 10 tracks of him on mix tapes...he is WHACK!!! has no rhythm, sounds like he is being forced to rap or something like dragging words...i'm sure a lot of ya'll heard "up in the club" ..what the fuck is up with the beginning?? "oh its your birthday, oh its your birthday?!?!?! LMFAO....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2002, 04:16:38 PM by min0rity »

bez

I feel you 2, I had heard How 2 Rob but that was about it and evena fter listening to that I didnt think he was much cop, but I felt his shit on the 8 mile soundtrack and I am highly anticipating his album. You say that everyone likes him NOW because Em has basically brought him into the game, well that how music works bud, he has impressed em and dre that much that they paid the 1 mil to get him because they saw sumit in him that they did not see in anybody else in the music business. They saw a young, raw, talent that was ready to be unleashed to his full potential, you say everyone is on him because em has brought him in, but dre really brought em in, thats the way the music business works.  You keep droppin shit until you get recognised and signed to a major label, 50 has done this well, so I am supporting this fool all the way.!!!

Trauma-san

with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

I don't get it.

Don't be so pessimistic, man.  It's because he signed with a major, of course he's got more exposure now.  I hadn't heard his stuff before he got signed, I didn't even hear how to rob back in the day.  Since all the mtv coverage and stuff, and Wanksta bein' thrown on 8 mile, I've heard him, and been like "yeah, he's dope", I'm sure the same thing happened to 10 million other people, that's why there's so much hype.  If everybody was riding his nuts because of Em, then wouldn't they be doing the same to Obie Trice? Nobody gives a sh*t about him.  

platinumk777

Personally...Ill Judge On The Album As Im Sure Many Of You Will Check Anyway For The Dre Production.

definitely... my FINAL judgment will also be based on his upcoming album. we'll see if he could live up to the hype

S.G.V.

ive been sayin that since wanksta was released....

Quadruple OG

with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

I don't get it.

on poin bout everything, prolly one of, if not, the most overrated rappers out there, and i def. agree bout 50 cent being in this forum.  he wasn't born out west, didn't grow up out west, didn't start his career out west, yet his posts in this forum aren't moved over to outbound connections.  

suggestion for rud and overseer:  if you move topics relating to Eminem, D12, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, and Bone to the outbound connections forum, it'll pick up in volume, because the only connection to the west is that they work out there, they weren't born and raised outwest

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
with Eminem....

You ppl amaze me.

I don't get it.

I agree w/ everything...maad people from where I stay at sayin 50 gonna turn into one the greats...they're all fulla shit...

When did 50 get dissed by Big Pun and Ras Kass???  If you got some tracks, I'd LOVE to hear em!

PS: I'm LOVIN that pic of Jessica Alba...that gurl is FINE!

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
50 cent aint all that, I just heard his track off 8 mile "wanksta" and I dont think it's all that. Fool really does sound like he's one of trothem kids we all went to school with that had trouble saying words with "R" lol...

Also just a question. Why would Bone topics be moved to the outbound forum? Cleavland is str8 up West Coast..

I vote for 50 cent to take his ass outta this "West Coast" forum... Good Topic caTASHtrophe...

jeromechickenbone

i won't front. i didn't listen to his stuff till all the news came out about him signing to aftermath/shady. i looked at it like this: i'm a fan of Em, i'm a fan of Dre. if they were this excited about this dude, i wanna see what the fuss is about. he's not a genius lyricist by any means. but he is dope, and i'm definetly gonna by his cd in feb. peace

Jome

CaTash has a few good points, but people gotta remember:

* 50 was known as the mixtape-king WAY before he signed with Aftermath
* He has dissed half of the industry, and the ones that answered pretty much made themselves look like a fool, or doesn't dare to respond.
* On the Eastcoast, 50 was probably THE most hyped underground cat in a VERY long time. He could basically roll the dice to what label he wanted to sign to.
The buzz was for a big record for 50 was pretty high, even if 50 was a Eastcoast-phenomen.. The West never cared until "The West" more or less signed him. (Signing for the biggest Westcoast label)
* and got dissed by great rappers from Big pun all the way to Ras Kass = Not a valid argument.
Being dissed by the best lyricists and the most-selling rappers is not being a nobody. It means the top cats are recognizing your skills, and when they retaliate it means they have something to defend. Ignoring 50 would be a whole another story..
* The guy oozes credibility..

* I think it's pretty safe to say that he was NOT labeled as a nobody, or that people gave 2 shits about him, like caTash says. (Maybe on this forum people didn't give 2 shits about him, I can testify to that one myself as my 50 Cent-topics got 0 replies & a few views)

It's not for nothing he got signed to Aftermath after all...