13 (65%)
Pretty average
3 (15%)
He's wack
2 (10%)
Haven't heard him
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Royce 5'9 - Wack or not ??  (Read 569 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Re:Royce 5'9 - Wack or not ??
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2002, 10:38:15 PM »
Ask alot of the people on what I said about him...I said he was straight wack after I heard Rock City, but just listem to "King of Kings" and "Boom" and youll see how dope an mc he is! ;)

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

S.G.V.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2002, 11:39:43 PM »
Dont argue with SGV...It's not even worth it...PeAce
::)
Ask alot of the people on what I said about him...I said he was straight wack after I heard Rock City, but just listem to "King of Kings" and "Boom" and youll see how dope an mc he is! ;)
ill take u advice n listen to em...only if jome would hook me up with the damn songs  >:(

DreDay

• Lil Geezy
  • Free Project Pat!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2002, 03:36:24 AM »
I wouldn't call him wack, but he isn't anything special.  You can use all the metaphors and complicate rhymes you want, but if the flow and beatz are there, you going to have trouble gettin fans.  How much Rock City sell?  15,000?  Can't believe he had the nerve to diss EM.  Best tracks were done with Em too.  

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2002, 09:29:15 AM »
Damn I cant believe yall....listen to his underground shit!! its insane, most of his tracks he does with eminem, he embarasses em and outshines him...listen to "renegades" OG and see how tight his flow and his verses are!! crazy style

S.G.V.

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2002, 11:51:30 AM »
^^^ive heard alot of his underground includin some of those jams with em...and i still think hes wack...i just havent heard that king of kings track or boom...

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2002, 03:42:13 PM »
That fool is cocky as hell..and I'd say his failed attempts at going mainstream DO make him wack. I'll admit he gots skills as an emcee but what good is that gonna do if he keeps makin garbage ass music. I peeped him a lil before he nearly blew up.. on this track called "Nickel Nine"... I thought that song was pretty dope.

Reminds me of this rappers named HOM... them fools sound alot alike. It's funny to me tha way Royce's carreer is going though... LOL... even Em dont wanna fuck with that fool nomore...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

S.G.V.

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2002, 12:09:49 AM »
That fool is cocky as hell..and I'd say his failed attempts at going mainstream DO make him wack. I'll admit he gots skills as an emcee but what good is that gonna do if he keeps makin garbage ass music. I peeped him a lil before he nearly blew up.. on this track called "Nickel Nine"... I thought that song was pretty dope.

Reminds me of this rappers named HOM... them fools sound alot alike. It's funny to me tha way Royce's carreer is going though... LOL... even Em dont wanna fuck with that fool nomore...
thank u...and now...ive listened to king of kings and boom...king of kings was aight...boom was only good cuz of that bangin ass premo beat...but royce cant rock that beat like supernat can...thats for damn sure...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2002, 08:30:50 AM »
...boom was only good cuz of that bangin ass premo beat...

:o

No one wants to hear those Royce/Neptunes tracks or songs like "U Can't Touch Me" but if you haven't peeped the rest of his album you should cause the rest are tracks like "Nickel Nine".  "Life", "Solider's Story", "Take His Life"  and the aftermentioned "Boom" & "King of Kings" are all bangers.  Also, are Nas or Ras Kass wack for thier commercial attempts?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2002, 08:39:29 AM by C2Knuckles »

S.G.V.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2002, 10:43:21 AM »
^^^Nas' first commercial attempts were horrible...at least now its a lil more natural now...as for ras...his attempts were not that great either...back it up was coo nothin lyical about it tho...thats really his most commercial track...but like royce he shouldnt try to make...he should let it happen...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2002, 03:23:04 PM »
i only like Boom.. but thats becuz Premier threw one of his best beats right there...

59 is a talent.. he do got good rhymes.. but i just dont like him

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2002, 05:01:59 PM »
his flow isn't all that, but he has good lyrics though

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2003, 12:54:00 AM »
^^^ive heard alot of his underground includin some of those jams with em...and i still think hes wack...i just havent heard that king of kings track or boom...

then u havent heard enough of his underground shit, he is way better then u thuink..........

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2003, 12:54:31 AM »
i only like Boom.. but thats becuz Premier threw one of his best beats right there...

59 is a talent.. he do got good rhymes..

I like Boom also cause of his rhymes

Jome

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2003, 06:44:19 PM »

then u havent heard enough of his underground shit, he is way better then u thuink..........

Yeah, and I think we can conclude that Royce infact is a dope rapper.
Even the foo S.G.V. thinks that now after I made him see the light, even if he says otherwise on the board to keep his underground image.

;D

S.G.V.

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2003, 12:41:16 PM »
i never said he was dope...hes still wack...he shouldnt try so hard to blow up...he should let it come to him...thats why hes jealous of eminem...eminem let dre come to him...royce doesnt really have people comin at him like that...and hes upset...