Author Topic: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC  (Read 1478 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »

Incredible rhymes, production, no filler
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41:14 PM »
naw son u buggin.  truthfully speaking it's rare to be a positive hip hop mc and put out an album in such nature and it be considered classic.  there's only few that have done that and "be" just wasn't 1 of them; it's cool if it's ur personal classic tho.

dert mcgert

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:52 PM »
I agree with the topic creator

BE is amazing, and the intro is one of the best intros to a rap album ever

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
it's rare to be a positive hip hop mc and put out an album in such nature and it be considered classic

the fuck?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
be is a classic and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

sorry radiopoop, your a cool kid but stick to your waka flockas and your juice mans because its obvious at this point in your life you just cant relate to this kind of sincerity in hip hop.

this is grown man rap...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »
Def a great album, one of the best of the decade. Really cohesive, great raps, beats, etc.

*bumps Chi City profusely loud*

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 11:10:18 AM »
i forgot about this album for a minute, but damn youre right. 5/5 CLASSIC IS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »

sorry radiopoop, your a cool kid but stick to your waka flockas and your juice mans because its obvious at this point in your life you just cant relate to this kind of sincerity in hip hop.

this is grown man rap...

"grown man rap", yeah i've heard that b4.  look, im sorry yall love it but it don't mean i do.  "be" isn't anywhere close to tha classics that's already certified and off no bullshit i actually had "be" on bootleg and I just couldn't get into tha entire thing like that, a couple good tracks but 4 tha most part it was standard.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 06:51:02 AM »

this is grown man rap...

"grown man rap", yeah i've heard that b4.  look, im sorry yall love it but it don't mean i do.  "be" isn't anywhere close to tha classics that's already certified and off no bullshit i actually had "be" on bootleg and I just couldn't get into tha entire thing like that, a couple good tracks but 4 tha most part it was standard.

like i said this is grown man rap...your still into popping bottles of liqours you cant pronounce and smoking "loud packs" with your pelle grant and your parents money, this shit is for your working stiff that wants to hear about shit he can relate to. this isnt nothing for you to "stunt" to, this isnt anything you can get your "dougie" on with so you cant feel it.

grown man rap...your a young dude. once youve been through some shit soulful music like this may be more appealing.

HEY YOUNG WORLD....THE WORLD IS YOURS
- Slick Rick

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 06:57:30 AM »

this is grown man rap...

like i said this is grown man rap...your still into popping bottles of liqours you cant pronounce and smoking "loud packs" with your pelle grant and your parents money, this shit is for your working stiff that wants to hear about shit he can relate to. this isnt nothing for you to "stunt" to, this isnt anything you can get your "dougie" on with so you cant feel it.

grown man rap...your a young dude. once youve been through some shit soulful music like this may be more appealing.

HEY YOUNG WORLD....THE WORLD IS YOURS
- Slick Rick

for the record, listening to rappers come up with new and creative ways to talk about poppin bottles will never get old

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:53 AM »
"once i've been thru some shit..."  

wow son i cant even believe u would disrespect me like that.  if i want to hear some grown man rap i'll put on some Bishop Lamont or better yet I'll read something.  and it's been clear and proven that tha only thing in my playlist isn't "trap hop" or club music so plz fall tha fuck back on assuming what I like and don't like.  I don't like Common, I think he's overrated and the only reason I think he's been so successful is becuz there's been nobody else in that lane of rap that's ever been at that level rapping about what he's been rappin' about.  I like some of Common's music (i really do) but dude isn't MLK or Malcolm, he's just anotha nigga preachin' 2 tha choir about Positive shit (honestly he should just stick to acting).  "The Ressurrection" wasn't even all that great and "Like Water For Chocolate" was so-so and u REALLY have to be in that mood to listen to anything else by him, that "universal" track was my shit tho.  

i'm sorry that i happen to like music that came out yesterday and you despise it, but IT IS possible for a human being to like both - let alone all variations of it (*i'm sorry u weren't informed of that*).  Kanye did his thing but Kanye's made a million better other instrumentals and songs.  You guys sound like this other old ass nigga named "Arthur" that i used to work with, he was a big Common fan and he pretty much said tha same thing about it being "grown man music" but then I'm like just becuz dude is calm and talks about certain issues doesn't automatically make it great just becuz that's the type of shit he's on (same goes 4 u Talib/Madlib fans too).  and honestly, i can't see myself 10/20/30 years down tha line bumpin' Common's albums, it just isn't that interesting to me and it gets stale and u have to be stuck in that mood 2 really get down with it like that, there's other artist who do what he does better that talk about more shit and rap about partying too.  

And that's whut's wrong with u guys, y'all have no rhythm and ur boring and ur lame (u sit on ur asses and i bet your conversations with chicks are very Dry), I wouldn't doubt when you go out you're the guy sitting by himself at tha bar or against the wall watching everybody talkin about "i'm too grown to dance" or some shit like that.  So like I said if that's your thing then fine, i'm not hatin lol, but to say it's a classic becuz it's Common rappin' about shit really only Common raps about is classic is a little bit fanboyish.  All I'm sayin' is if it were really all that good (just Common's music in general) he would have a lot more songs that stick with society instead of "i used to love her", "the people", "the light", and "the bitch in yoo" and u can't blame labels and the media 4 that (u HAVE TO hold the people accountable for something like that and obviously the people aren't talkin that much otherwise Common would be in a bigger spotlight than he is now, it's natural tha way it works out 4 Celebrities, u can only spend so much money investing in urself to make urself only so big, the people carry u, not tha Executives).  I hope dude keeps doin his thing tho, I like whut he stands for and how he carries himself, but his body of work when it comes to his music just isn't there like that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »
for the record, listening to rappers come up with new and creative ways to talk about poppin bottles will never get old

at least ur honest with it and not tryna hold up an imaginary standard of living charade.  some people are just way too conservative with theirselves (and most of it means nothing). 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 07:25:07 AM »

that's perfectly fine but the next time someone says something about Common or the "Be" album just don't get all emotional if someone doesn't like it.  

but if u want me to sum it up [not completely] then I'll say that we live in a moraless society with little standards and a society that doesn't give a fuck about preaching unless you're getting paid to listen.  everybody's going their own direction and artist like Common go their own way and only so many people follow them.  the rest of the world already understands it but unless something changes drastically it'll always go in 1 ear and out the other.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:28:01 AM by Loud Pack »

Anunikke

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
Fuck all the bullshit about grown man music this is just good music.
5/5 classic indeed.

I'll read something.
Stop right there, you know damn well you don't read.

I would also like to be explained how Bishop Lamont makes grown man music.