Author Topic: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC  (Read 1477 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 05:40:07 AM »
grown man music is a reflection of real life and music like gucci and waka are a reflection of a small percentage of ppls real lifes.

1st off.... People like u are going OVER BOARD with all of these GucciMane/BrickSquad references... it's really pathetic.

2nd.... That's really all they talk about is shit that happens in tha street, but people like u wouldn't know that becuz most of the music you ever get 2 hear u get from this forum, the radio, and tv.  i'm sorry guy, but until you're ready to admit that you were wrong about 99% of rappers from tha south that appear on tha outside to be mainstream but really aren't then all of your negative comments about them are revoked.  I'm not sayin that they put out the best material the world has ever heard but if u can get down with all of tha CLASSIC west coast/east coast/down south hip hop (like Doggystyle for example) then there's just no reason whutsover that you can't get down with BrickSquad or anybody else that you're sleepin' on..... on 2 tha nex 1

its not about putting an artist like common over waka or gucci and trust me when i say there music stays in my deck too...my musical tastes are very diverse and im just being real with you. young dudes like you be thinking that the "trap star" shit is real and its not, its a fabrication of a life style...a very small percentage of rappers OR drug dealers actually live like this but its there goal to live like this one day.

the "grown man rap" that im speaking of talks to your average 9 to five cat with realistic everyday struggles. I was one of the first niggas on this forum that was pumpin up gucci mane
but your not gonna sit here and tell me that guccis music is as relevant as common when people are still writing about the importance of songs like "i used to love her" and most people dont even  remember the name of gucci manes last album.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:16 AM »
grown man music is a reflection of real life and music like gucci and waka are a reflection of a small percentage of ppls real lifes.

1st off.... People like u are going OVER BOARD with all of these GucciMane/BrickSquad references... it's really pathetic.

2nd.... That's really all they talk about is shit that happens in tha street, but people like u wouldn't know that becuz most of the music you ever get 2 hear u get from this forum, the radio, and tv.  i'm sorry guy, but until you're ready to admit that you were wrong about 99% of rappers from tha south that appear on tha outside to be mainstream but really aren't then all of your negative comments about them are revoked.  I'm not sayin that they put out the best material the world has ever heard but if u can get down with all of tha CLASSIC west coast/east coast/down south hip hop (like Doggystyle for example) then there's just no reason whutsover that you can't get down with BrickSquad or anybody else that you're sleepin' on..... on 2 tha nex 1

its not about putting an artist like common over waka or gucci and trust me when i say there music stays in my deck too...my musical tastes are very diverse and im just being real with you. young dudes like you be thinking that the "trap star" shit is real and its not, its a fabrication of a life style...a very small percentage of rappers OR drug dealers actually live like this but its there goal to live like this one day.

the "grown man rap" that im speaking of talks to your average 9 to five cat with realistic everyday struggles. I was one of the first niggas on this forum that was pumpin up gucci mane
but your not gonna sit here and tell me that guccis music is as relevant as common when people are still writing about the importance of songs like "i used to love her" and most people dont even  remember the name of gucci manes last album.

you have to be joking when u talk about "grown man" shit when Elano has pretty much taken over your life.  and wassup witchu comin' at me like i'm some 12 year old like i dont know tha difference between a real rapper and an actor.  i think it's safe 2 say that most rappers that actually do rap about trappin nowadays PROBABLY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH (but just with some exaggerations here and there), it's a fuckin' recession.  you're tryna take some moral high road with me becuz u rock with Common harder than u do (let's say...) OJ Da Juiceman.  

And a regular cat with a 9 to 5 most likely DOES NOT PLAY THAT Conscience MC shit (unless you're pushin 60 or that was already your preference in the 1st place), at least that's how it iz around my way (i'm actually out here with the grown men that u talk about with the 9-5's or no real job at all and BELIEVE ME that they aren't bangin' out 2 Common like that (it iz Gucci and all them other niggaz u think only the kids play).  So yes BrickSquad's musik is as relevent as Common's music.  

Wassup witchu on that hater shit lately?  I don't get paid 2 put these niggaz on so I'll just leave it at tha FACT that YOU prefer Common's music over Gucci's music.  I can't take u that serious by tha way u act towards Elano with all of your rants and computer hacking.  So miss me with all of that and call it a day.  You're a geek Petey, there's just certain shit that you're blind to and can't understand and music is obviously 1 of them.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
Another screenplay from the aspiring brick squad weed carrier.

Conscious doesn't equal "grown man rap" necessarily my young coogi wearing homie..and what the fuck does elano have to do with this convo?

Someone here caught feelings like a virgin on prom night.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 06:31:48 AM »
"grown ass music" is subjective, let's just leave it at that
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 05:34:53 AM »
"once i've been thru some shit..."  

wow son i cant even believe u would disrespect me like that.  if i want to hear some grown man rap i'll put on some Bishop Lamont or better yet I'll read something.  and it's been clear and proven that tha only thing in my playlist isn't "trap hop" or club music so plz fall tha fuck back on assuming what I like and don't like.  I don't like Common, I think he's overrated and the only reason I think he's been so successful is becuz there's been nobody else in that lane of rap that's ever been at that level rapping about what he's been rappin' about.  I like some of Common's music (i really do) but dude isn't MLK or Malcolm, he's just anotha nigga preachin' 2 tha choir about Positive shit (honestly he should just stick to acting).  "The Ressurrection" wasn't even all that great and "Like Water For Chocolate" was so-so and u REALLY have to be in that mood to listen to anything else by him, that "universal" track was my shit tho.  

i'm sorry that i happen to like music that came out yesterday and you despise it, but IT IS possible for a human being to like both - let alone all variations of it (*i'm sorry u weren't informed of that*).  Kanye did his thing but Kanye's made a million better other instrumentals and songs.  You guys sound like this other old ass nigga named "Arthur" that i used to work with, he was a big Common fan and he pretty much said tha same thing about it being "grown man music" but then I'm like just becuz dude is calm and talks about certain issues doesn't automatically make it great just becuz that's the type of shit he's on (same goes 4 u Talib/Madlib fans too).  and honestly, i can't see myself 10/20/30 years down tha line bumpin' Common's albums, it just isn't that interesting to me and it gets stale and u have to be stuck in that mood 2 really get down with it like that, there's other artist who do what he does better that talk about more shit and rap about partying too.  

And that's whut's wrong with u guys, y'all have no rhythm and ur boring and ur lame (u sit on ur asses and i bet your conversations with chicks are very Dry), I wouldn't doubt when you go out you're the guy sitting by himself at tha bar or against the wall watching everybody talkin about "i'm too grown to dance" or some shit like that.  So like I said if that's your thing then fine, i'm not hatin lol, but to say it's a classic becuz it's Common rappin' about shit really only Common raps about is classic is a little bit fanboyish.  All I'm sayin' is if it were really all that good (just Common's music in general) he would have a lot more songs that stick with society instead of "i used to love her", "the people", "the light", and "the bitch in yoo" and u can't blame labels and the media 4 that (u HAVE TO hold the people accountable for something like that and obviously the people aren't talkin that much otherwise Common would be in a bigger spotlight than he is now, it's natural tha way it works out 4 Celebrities, u can only spend so much money investing in urself to make urself only so big, the people carry u, not tha Executives).  I hope dude keeps doin his thing tho, I like whut he stands for and how he carries himself, but his body of work when it comes to his music just isn't there like that.
Bishop Lamont!!come on cuzz...i know your young ,but dont be so mislead. :-\

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »
wow (a week later tho)... but age don't have nothing 2 do with it at all.  i just think it's a little irrational to call something a classic when it was only praised by so many.  this is tha 1st time since it 1st came out that i've seen some1 mention that this album is a "classic".  i used BL as an example (obviously there's a gang of other artist including Common that'r on tha same page), but this album should've done more for Hip Hop and society if it was such a classic (i remember tha beats being used in commercials and shit like that but it ain't like Common made em). 

i hear y'all but no, this was indeed a good record from Com' but as far as Hip Hop is concerned it just isn't a classic... this album will be forgotten in another 4 or 5 years (unless Common starts getting more exposure as a celebrity and he does it big, which i doubt - i never say anything is impossible but with this nigga...).  Everybody knows about tha established classics already but i've yet 2 hear a squeek outta anybody about this being a Hip Hop classic (except 4 in this thread like i said and that other nigga named Arthur), i don't count what artists say about their NEW music when it comes out becuz it's all hype at tha end of tha day until tha numbers come out (i.e. Alex Da Kid).

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 07:10:52 AM »

but your not gonna sit here and tell me that guccis music is as relevant as common when people are still writing about the importance of songs like "i used to love her" and most people dont even  remember the name of gucci manes last album.

Im from the souf,and i dont even know none of gucci manes lps...but i only fucks with (ti,jeezy,face,geto boys,bun b,ect.)brothas thats talking about something...gucci,waka :bomb:

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »

but your not gonna sit here and tell me that guccis music is as relevant as common when people are still writing about the importance of songs like "i used to love her" and most people dont even  remember the name of gucci manes last album.

you have to be joking when u talk about "grown man" shit when Elano has pretty much taken over your life.  and wassup witchu comin' at me like i'm some 12 year old like i dont know tha difference between a real rapper and an actor.  i think it's safe 2 say that most rappers that actually do rap about trappin nowadays PROBABLY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH (but just with some exaggerations here and there), it's a fuckin' recession.  you're tryna take some moral high road with me becuz u rock with Common harder than u do (let's say...) OJ Da Juiceman.  

And a regular cat with a 9 to 5 most likely DOES NOT PLAY THAT Conscience MC shit (unless you're pushin 60 or that was already your preference in the 1st place), at least that's how it iz around my way (i'm actually out here with the grown men that u talk about with the 9-5's or no real job at all and BELIEVE ME that they aren't bangin' out 2 Common like that (it iz Gucci and all them other niggaz u think only the kids play).  So yes BrickSquad's musik is as relevent as Common's music.  

Wassup witchu on that hater shit lately?  I don't get paid 2 put these niggaz on so I'll just leave it at tha FACT that YOU prefer Common's music over Gucci's music.  I can't take u that serious by tha way u act towards Elano with all of your rants and computer hacking.  So miss me with all of that and call it a day.  You're a geek Petey, there's just certain shit that you're blind to and can't understand and music is obviously 1 of them.
im not taking sides..but damn lil.homie u missing the whole point. :grumpy:

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
Tha point is to shit on everything I say and try 2 brainwash me with bullshit.  I been got it.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Yeah it was a (neo rap) classic..i drove to Amsterdam listening to this cd.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 09:54:06 AM »
a classic album indeed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »
I had doubts at first, but if you look at the rest of the popular rap that came out that year, you have to give it to Common..
Kanye revitalised his shit right there..

K1NG PETEY:
if u can get down with all of tha CLASSIC west coast/east coast/down south hip hop (like Doggystyle for example) then there's just no reason whutsover that you can't get down with BrickSquad or anybody else that you're sleepin' on..... on 2 tha nex 1[/unquote]

Are you serious? I mean no disrespect but you really can't hear the difference? Down south hip hop is great, but I don't consider Brick Squad music to be part of this. Sorry. I tried listening, but it just sounds like some illiterate bunch of guys raping a beat.
If you rap on a record, at least act like you're making an effort. To each his own, but I'll never listen to that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »
this thread proves that radiolube and his brand of preferred hip hop is nothing more then pizza roll/hot pocket rap.

heat, eat and then shit....repeat with the next trendy fad trap rapper.

kind of sad actually.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
Looking back??? It was classic in 2005, and it's classic now. Side not, I think Finding Forever is actually better than Be, but that's me personally, both though are still getting played today, great replay value on both albums.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
this thread proves that radiolube and his brand of preferred hip hop is nothing more then pizza roll/hot pocket rap.
heat, eat and then shit....repeat with the next trendy fad trap rapper.
kind of sad actually.

My previous post wasn't finished yet.
You said this:
if u can get down with all of tha CLASSIC west coast/east coast/down south hip hop (like Doggystyle for example) then there's just no reason whutsover that you can't get down with BrickSquad or anybody else that you're sleepin' on..... on 2 tha nex 1
You just lost all credibility. Did you really put BrickSquad along with classic hiphop like Doggystyle etc.?

Gucci will never go Platinum.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>