Author Topic: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC  (Read 1475 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Looking back, it's safe to say that Be was a 5/5 CLASSIC
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
this thread proves that radiolube and his brand of preferred hip hop is nothing more then pizza roll/hot pocket rap.
heat, eat and then shit....repeat with the next trendy fad trap rapper.
kind of sad actually.

My previous post wasn't finished yet.
You said this:
if u can get down with all of tha CLASSIC west coast/east coast/down south hip hop (like Doggystyle for example) then there's just no reason whutsover that you can't get down with BrickSquad or anybody else that you're sleepin' on..... on 2 tha nex 1
You just lost all credibility. Did you really put BrickSquad along with classic hiphop like Doggystyle etc.?

Gucci will never go Platinum.

yeah because platinum = good. thats why hammer, nelly and vanilla ice all went plat. cornball

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 11:58:03 PM »
I agree that sales have little to do with talent if you look at the albums of the last decade and their sales.

But if you compare gonna compare it to albums that have been rated classic everywhere and have sold a certain amount of albums that have given them RIAA certification, you can't ignore that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
I agree that sales have little to do with talent if you look at the albums of the last decade and their sales.

But if you compare gonna compare it to albums that have been rated classic everywhere and have sold a certain amount of albums that have given them RIAA certification, you can't ignore that.

so basically sales only matter when you decide they do to fit your outdated argument? ok sure

theremedy360

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 11:28:15 AM »
I'd give it 4/5, very good album.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 03:33:54 AM »

so basically sales only matter when you decide they do to fit your outdated argument? ok sure

Listen, to me the album is classic when it is considered classic worldwide. I can go to Japan and bump some Snoop or whatever. Try that shit with Gucci Mane.. see what happens.

The biggest difference is that Brick Squad is only for a minor group of hiphop fans, all negativity aside. You either like it or you don't. I personally don't like Lil Wayne that much, but I have to admit he has made an enormous impact on hiphop with classic songs.
Name one song that has made a real impact on hiphop by Brick Squad.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 07:46:15 AM »

Listen, to me the album is classic when it is considered classic worldwide. I can go to Japan and bump some Snoop or whatever. Try that shit with Gucci Mane.. see what happens.

The biggest difference is that Brick Squad is only for a minor group of hiphop fans, all negativity aside. You either like it or you don't. I personally don't like Lil Wayne that much, but I have to admit he has made an enormous impact on hiphop with classic songs.

im not talking about brick squad im talking about the dumb sales related argument. however brick squad are extremely relevant in the world of hip-hop today wether u like it or not. way more relevant than snoop is now actually. im not saying theyve made a classic, im not saying theyve made the impact doggystyle made, but they are way more relevant than snoop right now.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
im not talking about brick squad im talking about the dumb sales related argument. however brick squad are extremely relevant in the world of hip-hop today wether u like it or not. way more relevant than snoop is now actually. im not saying theyve made a classic, im not saying theyve made the impact doggystyle made, but they are way more relevant than snoop right now.
When Snoop etc. came out back in the day, everybody knew them. Brick Squad came out, and outside of the U.S. almost nobody knows them. To me this is proof that there is a difference. Nowadays everybody can get famous in the U.S.