Author Topic: Scott Storch speaks on Detox & new Dr. Dre music video?  (Read 3173 times)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

Re: Scott Storch speaks on Detox
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
At this point I just have to admire Dr.Dre for fooling all these retards to actually believing this is happening. You got cats like Adrianodogg and Matty hyping this record, when in reality we only have two or maybe three official snippets from the album (all the snippets is shit). And another thing, only the people who's really deep into hiphop and especially westcoast hiphop, care about this record. The rest of the world which is at a current state of 6,880,500,000  (say 100 000 people care about Detox), doesn't give a flying fuck and don't know who Dr.Dre is.

People like Lady Gaga, Akon etc. are the artist who matters right now, whether you like it or not. Dr.Dre has zero relevance as a solo artist. Thank God Aftermath has Eminem on their rooster.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 03:59:13 PM »
At this point I just have to admire Dr.Dre for fooling all these retards to actually believing this is happening. You got cats like Adrianodogg and Matty hyping this record, when in reality we only have two or maybe three official snippets from the album (all the snippets is shit). And another thing, only the people who's really deep into hiphop and especially westcoast hiphop, care about this record. The rest of the world which is at a current state of 6,880,500,000  (say 100 000 people care about Detox), doesn't give a flying fuck and don't know who Dr.Dre is.

People like Lady Gaga, Akon etc. are the artist who matters right now, whether you like it or not. Dr.Dre has zero relevance as a solo artist. Thank God Aftermath has Eminem on their rooster.

So you really think if Detox were to drop only 100,000 people would cop it? I admit I am not on the Detox promo team with all the uncertainty but people are more tired of the smoke screen of hype then Dre the producer/artist.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »

Man everyone knows Dre, the promo dude will get for that album when it finally comes out will be insane... pretty much every artist in the industry will be supporting it too.. i don't see any other albums dropping the same time Dre drops detox, shit will be insane
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
yeah to be honest i kinda stopped giving a fuck about this record too.  i mean all of the anticipointment behind it has kinda killed it 4 me.  this record isn't coming out in 2o11 and they shouldn't even start off the year talking about it iz.  "under pressure" was designed 4 promotion of the headphones (people are still forgetting that he said that) and it seems like they're only concerned with making money off of the headphones.

I don't think Dr. Dre/Interscope should worry about making a classic, but I do think they should worry about putting an album out after all of tha B.S. we've heard, it just kinda makes Dre's credibility a little shallow since we've heard so much and haven't really got shit.  D3T0X used to be my number 1 anticipated album (and i guess in some sorta way it still iz until further notice) but I'd rather hear somebody new come out and make better music than Dr. Dre has done, I'm ready for that new legend now (I'm almost there, damn near).  Besides Scott Storch is kinda played anyway, he makes some good music (i can't take that away from him) but he isn't exactly a "Dr. Dre" himself.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 04:44:42 PM »
who'll be on this marketing wave?  slim the mobster? earl hayes? eminem? the new royales?  game?

I doubt 50 will be, doesn't seem to have worked much with dre recently.

its shit like this that has caused this album to be infinitely delayed. Jimmy Iovine most certaintly wants Em and 50 all over the album. Dre doesn't - one month he has Hayes writing, next month its bishop, next month its em.... next month its game... next month dre says he wants ppl he's been tight with for years (warren g, snoop, cube) on the record.

i really don't know if this album has even gotten pass the demo stage. it might still just be a heap of demos from dj khalil, bishop, hayes, etc... some of which dre has worked on, some of which he hasn't, all the while jimmy is just begging for a certain list of ppl to be on it....

that combined with the fact that EVERYONE in dre's circle wants to make the record, but you can only have so many guest rappers and guest producers on a single cd. things like that are simply bound to create conflict.

Honestly, given the amount of conflict that probably surrounds this record, and dre's personal perfectionism and changing preferences... i wouldnt be surprised if i heard the album was only 50% done. and to be quite honest, the album is probably only going to progress if dre and jimmy settle on a team, and then those guys work on it for 4 months straight.

but honestly, how can you even give a fuck at this point. dre's entire career is loaded with allegations of ghost-production and shelved records. i genuinely have no clue as to how many detox records we will hear, and how many we will never hear. and when the retail version drops, we won't know what co-producers helped on what beats, and we might not even know who wrote what. in that regard, i really don't give a fuck, and i'm not looking forward to detox any more so than i am to other dope records slated 2 drop...

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
Slim the mobster will end up like bishop lamont, nice rapper, but can't promote them dudes for shit, they haven't got that appeal that 50 or game or em etc had

i'm still yet to hear something out of hayes, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's signed to timbaland as well

if dre's going to promote this album i have a feeling it will be eminem, he's unstoppable at the moment, 50 has died out, game has died out etc

either that or he's going to pull some random dude out of no where
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
Detox is about as hopeless as a nigga wit 2 felonies trying to go all tha way legit in the recession.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 12:56:05 AM »

So you really think if Detox were to drop only 100,000 people would cop it? I admit I am not on the Detox promo team with all the uncertainty but people are more tired of the smoke screen of hype then Dre the producer/artist.
yeah.
a single for Detox would spread extremely fast. not saying it's a certified hit though

Slim the mobster will end up like bishop lamont, nice rapper, but can't promote them dudes for shit, they haven't got that appeal that 50 or game or em etc had

i'm still yet to hear something out of hayes, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he's signed to timbaland as well

if dre's going to promote this album i have a feeling it will be eminem, he's unstoppable at the moment, 50 has died out, game has died out etc

don't forget that game was in the same boat as the other guys: he was about to get dropped.

we will never know how a bishop album would sell on aftermath, as he didn't have a chance to drop an album. Grow up got pulled.

being signed to timbaland doesn't mean shit.
it's not like he's really pushing hayes

Matty

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 06:26:57 AM »

i'll be surprised if slim the mobster ever gets a release...based on everything we've heard there nothing particularly appealing about him. but this is an industry where cats like rick ross and gucci mane are getting shine so anything is possible.

and wayne brady - you continually appear in threads about dre/detox to shoot down supposed 'retards' who are talking about detox for whatever reason. how about you stay out of these threads or cheer up a little. of course people here are gonna be talking about it, this is a west coast hip-hop forum. how many times do you need to tell people who are discussing detox they are 'retards' before it gets boring?

now i dunno if i'm hyping it as such, but the fact even dre is talking about the album is real regardless of if and when it comes out. if i was saying OMG DETOX IS COMING OUT ANY MINUTE NOW ITS GONNA BE FIRE!!!!! it might be different, but there is a possibility of looking at the all the recent chatter about it and entertaining the idea of something on the horizon without being a retard. its obviously not coming out this year and the leaks have ranged from pretty damn good to pretty awful and all unfinished. i guarantee i was one of the strongest critics on most of the leaks and will be if the album comes out and isn't what i'm expecting.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »
good post.

you're far from a stan

Matty

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »
the other thing i was hinting at but didn't mention is an acute case of LBIA syndrome. a repressed fanboy is so deeply frustrated about delays of said project that it forces them to spew vitriolic hate and negativitiy to all that talk about it. the need to repeatedly post comments on said project feeds into this as if other people are freely talking about it in a non-negative sense it compounds the frustration no end.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »
I definitely don't care about this anymore.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

• Muthafuckin' OG

Matty

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
http://rapradar.com/2010/11/11/dr-dre-releasing-new-music-video/

OMG DETOX IS COMING!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

:P :P :P

seriously though, Q1 2011 is looking likely now, before the end of the financial year like i said before. you could tell jimmy was kinda bemused it wasn't gonna be done well before the holidays to allow for a promotional run-up then release.

dameons

Re: Scott Storch speaks on Detox & new Dr. Dre music video?
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »
Duke was right and all of u experts were doubting him about a video next week,,lol .

This is strange, though.... It's too late to get this album out for X-Mas shopping season , and January thru March, no one has any money  . I wonder what he is planning here.