Author Topic: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Discussion Thread)  (Read 3268 times)

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
Re: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy(DIRTY)(Discussion Thread)
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2010, 03:33:21 AM »
Jay-Z's verses are fucking boring. Really fucking boring.

yeah....boy

yeah....boy

young....hov

hate this guy

Portugoal

« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2010, 06:04:31 AM »
God damn it! They only had the single disc version >:(

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
Just bumped this album again and I still don't see what's so great about it. Had about 4 good songs, the rest was pretty weak to me.

Blood$

Re: Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
01. Dark Fantasy - 5/5, great vocals on here, very heavenly sounding... when the beat drops  :o def on some old Kanye ish
02. Gorgeous (feat. Kid Cudi & Raekwon) - 4/5, catchy beat and hook, Kanye and Rae both drop good verses
03. POWER - 4/5, this sounds great finally mastered, I didn't bump this like that when it first came out and I'm glad cuz I like this even more now
04. All Of The Lights (Interlude) - N/A
05. All Of The Lights - 4.5/5, very different type of beat for Kanye and he killed it, all of the guests work here, hook is nice, good song
06. Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver) - 4/5, this one also grew on me over the past few months, it's dope
07. So Appalled (feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA) - 5/5, LOVE this record, the beat is too grimey... Pusha & Cyhi killed it the most out of everybody and even Jigga was good other than the line he stole from Kurupt
08. Devil In A New Dress (feat. Rick Ross) - 5/5, not Kanye's production but Bink! on the beat  :o, the Rick Ross addition surprised me and was not out of place, epic track and one of my favorites on here
09. Runaway (feat. Pusha T) - 4.5/5, always loved this record since I first heard it, some of Kanye's singing I wasn't big on first but I'm passed that, this final version sounds awesome
10. Hell Of A Life - 4/5, the vibe really switches up here from the last track, not bad at all though, solid track
11. Blame Game (feat. John Legend) - 4.5/5, maybe Kanye's best performance on here lyrically, record with a lot of substance and the Chris Rock outro is classic and hilarious
12. Lost In The World - 3/5, not bad but too much on that 808s and Heartbreak vibe and not a strong way to close out the album
13. Who Will Survive In America  - N/A

I will be picking this up Tuesday

The Watcher

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:31 AM »
have the 6 itunes bonus tracks or whatever it was leaked yet?

i just checked the australian itunes store and there is only one bonus track and some runaway video
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
I picked it up as well and they only had the single disc version...

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2010, 03:51:01 AM »
finally given the album a bump, and while i can appreciate that there is a lot of thought, time and effort gone into it, and hes clearly a talented dude, i just dont see what all the hype is about...there were a few tracks where i was feeling them instantly, but also a good few that i couldnt make my mind up about

maybe itll grow on me, but after first listen i dont think its even close to his best

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Portugoal

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2010, 08:14:56 AM »
finally given the album a bump, and while i can appreciate that there is a lot of thought, time and effort gone into it, and hes clearly a talented dude, i just dont see what all the hype is about...there were a few tracks where i was feeling them instantly, but also a good few that i couldnt make my mind up about

maybe itll grow on me, but after first listen i dont think its even close to his best

Finally I found the special edition and listened to this album for the first time as well. I agree exactly with the post above. After one spin I think it's a good album, but it's not nearly as good as College Dropout and Late Registration.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2010, 08:43:24 AM »
 its about as far away from a traditional hip-hop album as you can get without it being something else, which is ambitious as hell. thats why its getting a lot of love. i can see a lot of people who only really listen to hip-hop hating this album, its different, and for a mainstream rap album its out of this fucking world

• Muthafuckin' OG

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
its about as far away from a traditional hip-hop album as you can get without it being something else, which is ambitious as hell. thats why its getting a lot of love. i can see a lot of people who only really listen to hip-hop hating this album, its different, and for a mainstream rap album its out of this fucking world

I don't listen to HH only, but I still don't like the album. Oviously it's well received, I like the idea of mixing different styles too. But that doesn't make it a great album. Janelle Monae did it too, and I think she did it waaay better than Kanye. But I've never liked Kanyes music anyway...

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

I don't listen to HH only, but I still don't like the album. Oviously it's well received, I like the idea of mixing different styles too. But that doesn't make it a great album. Janelle Monae did it too, and I think she did it waaay better than Kanye. But I've never liked Kanyes music anyway...

I agree that doesnt make a great album, i think this is though. just my opinion. strange how just last week i was talking with a friend how janelle monae tried a lot of different sounds and when it works it works but when it fails its just awful. i thought that record was flawed but still really enjoyed it.

theremedy360

« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »
Good solid album

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »
there might be a rerelease around christmas was bonus tracks like momma's boyfriend according to q-tip.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:11 PM »
there might be a rerelease around christmas was bonus tracks like momma's boyfriend according to q-tip.
Damn, a re-release a month later?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com