Author Topic: Is it safe to say(The 18th Letter)is a CLASSIC.  (Read 421 times)

Anunikke

Re: Is it safe to say(The 18th Letter)is a CLASSIC.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
wow son u should really stop riding me so hard, this thread is about "The 18th Letter" correct?  and as far as "The 7th Seal" goes, i discovered it when it 1st came out (just like MOST people did, it waz kinda "anticipated" wasn't it?) and it was garbage.  Whoever says they loved it a year later had 2 do alot of "breakin it in" to like it.  it's all good 4 u if u r 1 of those people but Rakim is useless, he just should've stuck with those Hennessey ads, that waz a good look.

u Old Heads get more bitter and bitter by tha day.  seriously y'all should just give up on tha hating already, it's pointless and y'all alienate everybody else not in your "exclusive" circle of Hip Hop heads.
Old Heads? I'm younger than you are...

Since we're on the subject of Rakim solo's, 7th seal is almost the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

That was the most disappointing album of the year
You expected too much, of course it wasn't going to be as good as Follow The Leader but it was still better than most releases last year.

No, no it wasn't. Ra was still lyrically there but it sounded like he spent zero time making that album. Definitely his worst.
Every body who's I've seen revist it changes their mind completely, give it another chance with an open mind.

I still listen to some songs off that album. I don't need to revisit it. Ra put no effort into it and it shows. A perfect example of how lyrics can't carry an album.

This album is disliked not only by the fans but by professional critics as well. You're the only one I know who has a hard on for it. Give it a rest.
I like the production, lol.

You're leaning on the opinion of the professional critics now? I expected more from you tbh.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »
wow son u should really stop riding me so hard, this thread is about "The 18th Letter" correct?  and as far as "The 7th Seal" goes, i discovered it when it 1st came out (just like MOST people did, it waz kinda "anticipated" wasn't it?) and it was garbage.  Whoever says they loved it a year later had 2 do alot of "breakin it in" to like it.  it's all good 4 u if u r 1 of those people but Rakim is useless, he just should've stuck with those Hennessey ads, that waz a good look.

u Old Heads get more bitter and bitter by tha day.  seriously y'all should just give up on tha hating already, it's pointless and y'all alienate everybody else not in your "exclusive" circle of Hip Hop heads.

Since we're on the subject of Rakim solo's, 7th seal is almost the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

You expected too much, of course it wasn't going to be as good as Follow The Leader but it was still better than most releases last year.

No, no it wasn't. Ra was still lyrically there but it sounded like he spent zero time making that album. Definitely his worst.
Every body who's I've seen revist it changes their mind completely, give it another chance with an open mind.

I still listen to some songs off that album. I don't need to revisit it. Ra put no effort into it and it shows. A perfect example of how lyrics can't carry an album.

This album is disliked not only by the fans but by professional critics as well. You're the only one I know who has a hard on for it. Give it a rest.

You're leaning on the opinion of the professional critics now? I expected more from you tbh.

cool ur younger, fine, great.

and he said fans AND critics (not all critics are bad, you're a critic nigga).  you're fighting an uphill battle with Rakim and definitely tha two albums open for discussion. 

no need 2 beat a dead horse though.  Ra was good 4 his time but like Kam and alot of other rappers they weren't nothing but merely a star a in a brief moment in time and they aren't like artists like Scarface & Too $hort who've stayed relevant with the times.  even if those two don't sell much people will STILL look out 4 them no matter how old they are (at least that's how it's been).  rakim on the other hand hasn't really done nothing compared to other peers in his class.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »

Critics by themselves? No. But the combination of fans AND critics disliking this album obviously says something about it. I had my opinion on it before I even knew what the critics were saying. Point is you're on your own.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
And the production was weak btw. As was the generic hooks sung by generic singers I wasn't feeling.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 09:20:10 AM »
top notch album indeed

But just a bit short when it comes to classic. Stay A While and to many skits stop it from being a classic for me.
not at all. a very classic album ra's best solo imo.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 09:23:13 AM »
top notch album indeed

But just a bit short when it comes to classic. Stay A While and to many skits stop it from being a classic for me.

A rare appearance from you Classic Material. Yer, it's definitely his best solo. The majority of the tracks are fantastic but it's lacking that spark.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
top notch album indeed

A rare appearance from you Classic Material. Yer, it's definitely his best solo. The majority of the tracks are fantastic but it's lacking that spark.
i'm back homie !!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Fraxxx

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
son u really stop hating on me now.  at this point all i've seen u do is utter bullshit.  good 4 u and ur opinion but all i do is bring out facts and if some of tha artist i mentioned aren't ur cup of tea then say it but other than that stop buggin out becuz u feel a certain way.  so yes it does bother me that somebody is comin' at me with some hater bullshit rather than keepin it 100 and puttin real live facts out there instead of useless and redundant opinions.  stop bein 1 of those bitter ass kats who still wanna live in some fantasy land where Big Daddy Kane is the best thing to happen to Rap since the drum machine.

You are mad confused son. You're funny, though, so your bullshit is tolerated.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.