Author Topic: 50 Cent Explains New Approach To Recording Album  (Read 450 times)

Elano

50 Cent Explains New Approach To Recording Album
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
50 Cent reveals his recording process for his next solo album.

50 Cent is no stranger to recording solo albums. However, this time, the Queens rapper is trying something new.

"I made collaborations [but] this time, I actually just wanted to create things and see if anything came out that I felt like other artists should get on," explained 50 in an interview with maximotv.com (watch below). "My previous albums, I went in the studio with them -- this time I'm making music and then trying to find ways to put them on the records. It's more me even when it's a collaboration. It's them fitting into what I felt was right now as opposed to us making a total compromise."

In the interview, 50 also discussed his upcoming film, Things Fall Apart.

The album, which is a follow-up to 2009's Before I Self Destruct, would be 50's fifth solo release, and would fulfill his obligation to Shady/Aftermath.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bx0YlYK2ztM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bx0YlYK2ztM</a>

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent Explains New Approach To Recording Album
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
50 Cent reveals his recording process for his next solo album.

50 Cent is no stranger to recording solo albums. However, this time, the Queens rapper is trying something new.

"I made collaborations [but] this time, I actually just wanted to create things and see if anything came out that I felt like other artists should get on," explained 50 in an interview with maximotv.com (watch below). "My previous albums, I went in the studio with them -- this time I'm making music and then trying to find ways to put them on the records. It's more me even when it's a collaboration. It's them fitting into what I felt was right now as opposed to us making a total compromise."

In the interview, 50 also discussed his upcoming film, Things Fall Apart.

The album, which is a follow-up to 2009's Before I Self Destruct, would be 50's fifth solo release, and would fulfill his obligation to Shady/Aftermath.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bx0YlYK2ztM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bx0YlYK2ztM</a>

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
So basically what he's saying is that he wants to get verses from artists & do what he wants with them?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »
So basically what he's saying is that he wants to get verses from artists & do what he wants with them?

no hes saying hes going to make the song for himself and then if he feels like he wants a guest on it, he'll get them afterwards.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »
i thought the next album was the last one in his interscope contract, and his greatest hits album?

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:36:48 PM »
nigga is irrelevant, he should stick to making b movies
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »
nigga is irrelevant, he should stick to making b movies
BURN! its tru tho
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »
Honeslty I dont want to hear "how" he is making his album and how it is his dopest album ever adn how he is spitting fire like GRODT. I just want him to concetrate on making music. If he did less talking and more recording he might create something good. The last 2 albums all I have heard is how sick they are going to be and shit like this.

But in all honesty it is impossible. 50 said everything he had to say from the beginning of his career to teh Massacre. Everything after that (for the most part), has been trash. Not because 50 sucks or because he doesnt have it anymore but because everything that is 50 Cent and everythnig that made 50 cent has already been said/done. At this point the only way 50 Cent could come back is if he went back to his old hood, was accepted there, chilled there for a bit, and came back with 1-2 new dudes. That woudl give 50 something new to talk about and give him the street credibility he had when GRODT exploded.

_TLD_

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:32:23 AM »
he can sign with whoeva he wants, even his own label, but I would think stayin with shady and aftermath would help his career way more than tryin to go it alone. Unless he's on cash money or somethin like that, he needs to stay where he is, even at a pay cut. He owns vita water its not like he's dysin for money here. Needs to keep his fan base happy, and with dre somewhat involved and shady somewhat involved a certain standard of excellence is required.