Author Topic: Jay-Z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation  (Read 252 times)

MistaNova

Jay-Z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »

An already solid roster is bolstered as Hov adds Jay Electronica to the fold.

During a secret performance Friday night at The Box in New York, Jay-Z announced he has signed Jay Electronica to his Roc Nation label.

“This next wizard that we’re about to introduce…We’re very excited,” Jay-Z told the packed crowd. “You guys have been supporting him in a major way, and he goes by the name of Jay Electronica. He’s an official Roc Nation signee.”

In October, during an appearance on the Hypemen Podcast with Eric and Jeff Rosenthal and Jensen Carp, Just Blaze hinted that a new Jay Electronica release was coming “sooner than later.” Nearly a month later, Electronica gave a sampling of the song “Shiny Suit Theory,” a song Miss Info exclusively reports is a duet between Jay-Z and Jay Electronica. Additionally, Jay-Z’s verse was one of the motivating factors in bringing the New Orleans native over to Roc Nation. After a few years of being mentored by Diddy and Just Blaze, how did Jay Electronica end up as labelmates with J.Cole and Willow Smith?

“Jay-Z made me an offer I couldn’t refuse,”Jay Electronica told Miss Info exclusively. “And I have the freedom I need too.”

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12977/title.jay-z-signs-jay-electronica-to-roc-nation/

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »
Good shit. Hopefully Jay Elec will finally release a proper album.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:49:23 AM by Meho »

Tha Crip

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
this is good news, i wish jay had signed SAIGON too tho, he woulda been an awesome addition.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
Saigon and Papoose ... mixtape rappers forever man i loved these guys music in 2007

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
2 replies? And yet another Detox thread is 4 pages long. Lol. Hip hop is dead.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
Electronica is ahead of our time...therefore the normal rap listener wont pay attention to him

u guys are missin out tho =/....btw jay z killed the song tht jus dropped wit electronica

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »
Electronica is ahead of our time...therefore the normal rap listener wont pay attention to him

If that's true then I dont understand how people on this site can go gaga over Joe Budden and all these other dudes they call "real lyricists"

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »
I hope this is a good move for him, cause he really is amazing.A full album on Roc Nation without him compromising content would be great
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:25:04 AM »

If that's true then I dont understand how people on this site can go gaga over Joe Budden and all these other dudes they call "real lyricists"

i read a couple eastcoast forums from time to time and they shit on buddens every chance they get

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:35:54 AM »
im glad he didnt sign to bad boy, that could only end bad

now for him to release an album already
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden