Author Topic: Artists Need Drugs  (Read 150 times)

_TLD_

• 'G'
Artists Need Drugs
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »
2pac, he had to have his weed and his hen or he wasnt working

wayne, has to have his purple drink, and his smoke, or he isnt working

I dont know if this is with everybody that makes it to this level, or even a respectable level of success. King Gordy, Esham, ICP all use something, same with Tech N9ne

I'd be suprised if you find a straight edge rap artist. It doesnt exist. I'm not promoting drugs or saying dont do them, but it seems the more creative minds "beatles, elvis, nirvana, biggie, eminem, 2pac, chuck d, dre, wu tang, all use drugs in one way or another. Even edgar allen poe. It seems this opens doors to creativity that those that chose not to do whatever, cannot access these creative doors or just dont make it.

Am I the only one here thinkin this way?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Artists Need Drugs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:51:25 AM »
No, it's definitely true for the most part, that's why I never bought into the publicity Em and Interscope were pushing on his last couple albums of "ohh he's gotten clean, his music is sounding great!"  Yeah right.. Em was at his best back when he was poppin X, prescription drugs, weed, no telling what he was doing, the original title for the Marshal Mathers LP was supposed to be "Amsterdam" because he wrote so much of the album when he was high off his ass in Amsterdam.

A couple of my favorite artists seem as if they don't use drugs for their music, Reggae artist Lucky Dube says he is sober when he makes music, which is ironic because he's a Rasta who claims he doesn't smoke Ganja.  

Also, Mos Def I don't see using a lot of substances to create his music.  Lupe Fiasco I doubt uses much, he said his music was his "food and liquor"; him and Mos are somewhat orthodox in their Islamic practice.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Si-Chiggedy

Re: Artists Need Drugs
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 05:37:35 AM »
Many of the most creative musician did drugs while they were doing music, that's a fact. You know where all this psychedelic music in the 60's and 70's had it's origin - it was druggy music. People go into a different state of mind and write their lyrics / their songs. It must have something to do with creativity because what else would be reason that most of the successful musicians take drugs?

I don't know many rappers who say they don't smoke etc.

I only know Paris said it on his last album, it was something like:
U know me homie sober and clean / a lotta niggaz want me on the team but I don't roll with dope fiends

But I know he used to smoke weed back then, he even got a weed praisin track on "Unleashed"
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill