Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35688 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2010, 05:30:24 AM »
the track is good, real good actually. it standed its test of time by having it on repeat all day. and it only gets better every time. my only beef to really make it a flawless song (apart from a real & final mix) is akons part. imaging to have somebody with a smoother voice of a (real) nate dogg alone makes me wanna put my dick through the final detox cd. and its just like back in the days!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:32:19 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Si-Chiggedy

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2010, 05:40:19 AM »
Crazy, 7 pages already!

this track is a monster, even Akon sounds tight! And I see they tried to give Nate Dogg props with having this singer doing his style. Too bad Nate couldn't do it :(

Snoop has one of his best performances in years on this one, sound hungry as hell!

Hope the video will be dope too. But you knew it, first Detox single has to be with Snoop, that's like a law!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:22:43 AM by Si-Chiggedy »
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2010, 06:02:05 AM »
sick beat 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2010, 06:02:25 AM »
LOL 7 pages already, i thought some of you didn't care about Detox anymore?

anyway, i think this is better than Under pressure, but it sounds like a 'hey let's make a single that sounds like the other songs on the radio' song.
also, the Nate imitation is lame & disrespectful, i guess Dre doesn't care about Nate.

i won't attack Dre on the subject matter, although i can't help but bring up the irony of the song title.

Is it me or did Dre really listen to what his fans were saying, Scrapped the Jay Z single and not only put Snoop but Nate Dogg with his signature westcoast sound + kept it somewhat radio friendly with the addition of Akon. BTW has anyone heard this on some Beats!  8) You hear all kinds of elements!
i'd say it doesn't sound like Dre's signature 'westcoast' sound.

anyway, i know opinions differ, but i find the praise for this a little weird, when looking at some of the complaints about Dre's other 'recent' work. not saying that you were complaining though.

FINALLY a new Dre track to bump in my Beats headphones
Rain, Change gonna come, So bad?

It isnt much of a dance record like people anticipated. I think this is Vintage dre, and this is what people wanted to hear, im happy with it, I know people will still hate tho!
it's not what i want to hear.
i prefer something that sounds closer to the stuff that Dre has done for other artists in the last few years.
Dre can do much better

this SHIT IS DOPE!

that piano is fucking insane.. sounds like kobe in the first part of the track, and that's definately nate dogg later on in the track..

can't wait to hear it minus the tags mastered
the piano part is alright, but Dre has much better instrumentals wich piano in it, wouldn't you agree?

I'm loving this joint, with it was Nate Dogg on the hook though, but Akon did his thing

Snoop killed it
wtf? i wonder if your comment would be different if Jay-Z was featured in stead of Snoop

DETOX IS A MYTH..

WHERE YOU AT BRO?

;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:07:27 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

dnjp4life

« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2010, 06:06:14 AM »
I bet this'll be the next beat Crooked I'll freestyle over in HHR, if he ever gets the beat that is.

Yeah no doubt, he'll sound great over this too  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2010, 06:12:06 AM »
if the shoe fits...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nVCPjTVWzng?fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nVCPjTVWzng?fs=1</a>

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »
its ok man cant believe it took over 10 years to come out with a fuckin album sounds like anything else on BET or MTV nothing special shit Id rather here a Doggpound album shit produced by daz and soopafly that real gangsta shit that dre used sound like. Id have to give it 3/5 stars its ok sounds like all the bs out now dayz though psstttt

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2010, 06:14:29 AM »
Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

oooh man, i'm excited for Detox again :D

this song is really cool. shame i've got shitty earphones though, need to burn it onto cd to appreciate it even more 8)
:eh:

I like it, but let's see how this blows up commercially. The best tracks, as always, will be buried somewhere on the album and not meant for radio.

I agree about the piano keys on the Studio Beats 8)
hopefully it won't blow up  :baseballbat:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:24:53 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2010, 06:17:26 AM »
Listened to the song again, new day, give it a fresh reevaluation.  Good song, but I still think it's undistinguished.  Radio stations could create a 30-minute blend with other current songs of the moment for the 5 o'clock rush hour on the radio, and it wouldn't stand out.  I'll try to keep an open mind and wait for the final mix.  The bridge at the end is especially bad.  I'm not quite sold on the arrangement.  But, again, I'm willing to admit that I might be the problem, and I need to lower my expectations.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:10 AM »
Hold up, wait a minute, let me put some Kush up in it..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) What a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Pure quality! Still gotta put this on repeat and drop a review :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2010, 06:20:27 AM »
Definitely Kobe
It's Chief Thunderbird aka Sly.... SLim the Mobster said it

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

TRG

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2010, 06:30:36 AM »
Definitely Kobe
It's Chief Thunderbird aka Sly.... SLim the Mobster said it

he does a good Kobe and Nate Dogg impression then  :-\

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »
oooh man, i'm excited for Detox again :D

this song is really cool. shame i've got shitty earphones though, need to burn it onto cd to appreciate it even more 8)
:eh:

what exactly is difficult to understand about that? ???

JossieJ

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2010, 06:44:28 AM »
Naah it's confirmed the singer at the begining is Kobe  ;)
The Nate Dog - look - a - like is Sly

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »
I agree with the homie from the Westcoast2k right there, track is really good, Akon can really throw some great hooks but I find his voice on this one too squeaky, some one with deeper smoother voice would be great on this one, im thinking Butch Cassidy maybe, dude can be amazing as Nate. Other then that its almost perfect.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM