Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35693 times)

lbc213

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2010, 07:06:50 AM »
Speechless, lovin this track...smooth beat, dope rhymes....can't wait

The Predator

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2010, 07:08:15 AM »
Akon? Kobe? Auto-Tune?

Sounds just like the rest of the commercial bubblegum pop playing in a JD sports store.

About as lyrical as a Sarah Palin speech, some basic piano keys, a hook designed for cheese-clubs where people cant even smoke.

This is for Jimmy Iovines target audience, nothing for the b-boys.

I thought Dre set hip-hop trends, now he just following.

Hopefully it's just a dud amongst an album full of bangers.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2010, 07:10:30 AM »
Akon? Kobe? Auto-Tune?

Sounds just like the rest of the commercial bubblegum pop playing in a JD sports store.

About as lyrical as a Sarah Palin speech, some basic piano keys, a hook designed for cheese-clubs where people cant even smoke.

totally agree

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2010, 07:15:41 AM »
anyway, i think this is better than Under pressure, but it sounds like a 'hey let's make a single that sounds like the other songs on the radio' song.
i'd say it doesn't sound like Dre's signature 'westcoast' sound.

anyway, i know opinions differ, but i find the praise for this a little weird, when looking at some of the complaints about Dre's other 'recent' work. not saying that you were complaining though.

it's not what i want to hear.
i prefer something that sounds closer to the stuff that Dre has done for other artists in the last few years.
Dre can do much better

the piano part is alright, but Dre has much better instrumentals wich piano in it, wouldn't you agree?

I agree with all the stuff you said here...

To me it's basically a Dre piano beat, but sped up a bit, some sort of club effects, and make it sound like a cross between a regular Dre piano beat crossed with any hit on the radio right now

I mean, it's way better than the stuff I hear on the radio, but to me, this is still just a jump-on-the-bandwagon thing of putting Akon on a hook, get some autotune, have a faster tempo for the club

I was hoping for something more... HipHop I guess, though it's pretty cool, it's not wack or anything, just kind of conservative.
Stuff like Flashy and Topless were better to me - harder and more HipHop

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »
Akon? Kobe? Auto-Tune?

totally agree

Co-sign

Matty

« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2010, 07:21:16 AM »
so its the beat from the lebron beats ad! i think i preferred it in instrumental form (you could hear it real clearly if you listened closely in the ad). not a fan of akon on here...the song sounds a little messy vocal wise and empty with the beat (unfinished/unmixed?) but still very bumpable cause of the head cracking clap sounds and epic piano.

dre's verse is also not memorable and extremely short. now don't get upset detox fanboys (i'm supposed to be one of the biggest right?), just giving some serious opinion on this. also, what's with the version that's almost 4 minutes long and instrumental stuff going on at the end. anyway, i'm calling unfinished/unmixed cause as it is this a serious step down for a dre single. as a buzz track, more acceptable.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2010, 07:36:41 AM »
Hot song- especially for a lead single. It's too early for me to decide how good the track actually is. This day and age, songs need to be listened to atleast a few times (especially when expectations are high) before proper judgement is executed.  I, however, am not getting that exciting and epic-vibe like I did with G-Thang and Still.

Snoop's verse was great- as good as as some of his Blue Carpet materiel.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2010, 07:37:38 AM »
Stuff like ... Topless were better to me - harder and more HipHop

Oh, yeah, without a doubt.  Topless by far is still the best of all the "leaked" tracks.  I would put Kush in with the others.  Topless is the only standout among the group, imo.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Portugoal

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »
I expected some mindblowing music after reading a few comments. Don't get me wrong, the song is hot, but you guys act as if Dr. Dre showed with this song that he's still the best producer around :-\

snoop

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2010, 07:41:53 AM »
i think the majority of people on this forum are not the target audience for this song.

Anunikke

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2010, 07:42:04 AM »
I expected some mindblowing music after reading a few comments. Don't get me wrong, the song is hot, but you guys act as if Dr. Dre showed with this song that he's still the best producer around :-\
Dre was the best producer around at one point?

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:18 AM »
Not Really Feelin This Track!!  ::)

Portugoal

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »

Absolutely.

Anunikke

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »

Absolutely.
He was never really even the best producer on the west.

Matty

« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
Shit Popped Off >>>