Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35685 times)

The Predator

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »
i think the majority of people on this forum are not the target audience for this song.

Yep and heres how the target audience be getting down to *Hold on, wait a minute let me put some Kush init, inhale exhale blah blah* in all it's full glorious auto-tune :

MarshColin

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
'Kush' seriously pales in comparison to a track like 'The Next Episode' but there is obviously more to come...

I think thats really the track this should be compared to, not Still DRE. And in that comparision, even hearing Next Episode for the first time, you know it was gonna be a problem. This, not so much.

word. this is really poor compared to some of dre's previous mainstream singles, makes more sense if it's gonna be a street single/buzz track type of thing. just the overall song structure and way the vocals come off is hella unpolished compared to his normal shit. either this is very unfinished, only gonna be used as an early promotion or what some people have been saying about dre himself...

One thing I can say about it is its better than Lets Get High.

Never really thought about it until you said it, but that track isn't really that great. It's just a catchy party track. But then again, sometimes what makes a song good isn't determined by the quality of the music. I drop that song in sets (to this day) a lot of the time when the crowd is feeling the hip-hop vibe and immediately the whole dance floor is singing along "Somebody here gon' fuck"

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
dr dre kush sounds like bishop lamont
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
i'm willing to bet that bishop wrote that verse.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Re: dr dre kush sounds like bishop lamont
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »
 :psych:

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2010, 09:05:12 AM »
almost every file on youtube with Kush has been deleted. Hmmm... I think it may be real detox single because it looks like Interscope is mad as fuck about that leak.
As far as i remember such situations never happend with previous detox leaks (if they were real detox leaks)...

Matty

« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »
remember that Jimmy said Dre had 2 new songs that were incredible. granted, this is probably one of them, but i doubt this is whatever Alex Da Kid may have been talking about as the 'biggest song in the past 10 years'. so i think there is more to come quite shortly.

D-TalkX

« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »
Banger!!!!!!! I could imagine Nate in place of AKON and this song would be MASSSSSSIVE.

Love this track!!

LYRIDER

« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
I LUV IT!!!!

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »
Banger!!!!!!! I could imagine Nate in place of AKON and this song would be MASSSSSSIVE.
8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »
'Kush' seriously pales in comparison to a track like 'The Next Episode' but there is obviously more to come...

I think thats really the track this should be compared to, not Still DRE. And in that comparision, even hearing Next Episode for the first time, you know it was gonna be a problem. This, not so much.

word. this is really poor compared to some of dre's previous mainstream singles, makes more sense if it's gonna be a street single/buzz track type of thing. just the overall song structure and way the vocals come off is hella unpolished compared to his normal shit. either this is very unfinished, only gonna be used as an early promotion or what some people have been saying about dre himself...

One thing I can say about it is its better than Lets Get High.

Never really thought about it until you said it, but that track isn't really that great. It's just a catchy party track. But then again, sometimes what makes a song good isn't determined by the quality of the music. I drop that song in sets (to this day) a lot of the time when the crowd is feeling the hip-hop vibe and immediately the whole dance floor is singing along "Somebody here gon' fuck"

That's why I'm not disappointed in this song. People tend to overrate 2001 without going back and listening to the actual songs and the quality of the lyrics. Obviously this isn't on the level of a Still Dre or Forgot About Dre, but after listening to it a few times I think its better than several 2001 cuts.

Paul

« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2010, 09:38:44 AM »
Why are people not getting that it's Kobe at the start and Sly doing the Nate impression. There are 5 people on the track.
funkyfreshintheflesh

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2010, 09:43:07 AM »
Not mind-blowing in my view. And it damn well should be for as long as he's been taking. He's gotta redo his vocals too; they get drowned out in some segments of the song and overlap to where its almost inaudible. Anyone heard Michael Jackson's new single (which is actually coming out)? Beats the hell out of that Dr. Dre record LOL. Now that we know MJ is releasing Dec. 14th, Im sure whatever plans Dre may have had to release anything this year are dust. I don't think anyone is going to release anything for the rest of the year now that Michael is coming.

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »
Dr. Dre was just on Power 106 he talked about the leak and Detox.

So Kush leak is unfinished but they see people like it so they gon push it

Detox needs 2-3 more songs and then mastering and it should be done in a month

Snoop and the old roster is gonna be on the album, Kendrick Lamar too

He confirmed that its Sly not Nate

Kush is not what the album is gonna sound like its just one songs a weed smoking song but it will be on the record cuz its a fun track  8)

They're gonna do 6 videos for Detox and a tour in 2011
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:47:33 AM by MrMooz »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
Kush is not what the album is gonna sound like

Glad to hear this.  Keeps me checking for this album as a result.  But hopefully Kush doesn't sound out of place on album, though.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »
People tend to overrate 2001

I don't think it's near The Chronic, and I don't think Detox will be near 2001.  2001 has the best technical polish I've ever heard, but as an artistic statement, I've always felt it was lackluster.  The Chronic is just pure art to me.  That was Dre's genius -- to take violent, misogynist subject matter, really heinous stuff on the surface, and turn it into art.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.