Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35411 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
Dre and snoop still the on that shit together, y'all gon be mad lol,

:D I don't see anybody in here so far that is mad -- most people are excited some are a little underwhelmed.  Nobody's mad, though.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Stan

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »
Skimmed thru this thread and one thing that got me shaking my head is the classic label.

It is frustrating and absurd to have a song deemed classic or unclassic in 24 hours.  People, if your saying that, then you don't even deserve to post your opinion b/cuz you don't know what the word even means.  Use something else.

Classic status = time and acceptance which is absolutely NOT 24 hours.

Some of you youngins won't remember this but The Source actually went back and retracted their 4 and 1/2 mic rating of 2001 and said they made a mistake and gave it 5/5.

Song is sic (imo) and it is what it is... only time will tell if the masses deem it classic.  If people that don't even like rap music feel this song and people that love rap music feel it then you start getting into classic territory.  

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
If people that don't even like rap music feel this song and people that love rap music feel it then you start getting into classic territory.  

I agree.  That's a key component.  I mean, I don't like hard rock/heavy metal, but Smells Like Teen Spirit is a great song imo.  Obviously, it transcends its genre.  That's the mark of a great song.  Like Nothing But a G Thang -- I have friends who don't like rap, but they love that song.  It's transcendental and timeless.

Good post.

Ok, got to stop posting because my lunch break is just about over  ;D  Talk to y'all later.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:21:37 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
Still Dre isnt sond like everthing radio back in the days. fuck off

lol wtf are you talking about? radio friendly songs were more raw back in the day, more g'd up and shit, it was radio friendly, what was game changing about it at the time was the instrumental and sound of it that dre took, and its impact etc

like i said, this is not game changing (i dont think so anyway) but it banging still

go back inside your eminem poster

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
And i said right from the very start, detox is a title and possibly a loose theme for the album but if cats thinkin dre was not going to have some club/weed shit on his album, y'all sleepin.
well it's not strange for some to think that, as Dre was tired of others rapping about blunts and stuff.

you never know with Dre, one moment he says it's a party album, what's next?

Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".
nah man, this is song should be called 'i want radioplay'

Do you really expect a non-pop track? Most of dre's songs are targeted at radioplay. Lets get High, Next Episode, Bad Intentions etc.
no. i know that Dre makes mainstream music & i think he's quite good at it, but this single sounds less like Dre, even though he produced it.
same counts for Under pressure & Turn me on

You shouldn't be expecting something sounding like his previous work, considering he has a habit of moving on to different sounds. N.W.A didn't sound like the Chronic, the Chronic didn't sound like 2001, etc.
true.
i know he switches up from time to time, but somehow there's something different going on.
it's like he forgot his own formula. i'm not saying he shouldn't experiment, but don't forget your own identity.

and where I'm Wayne Dready bitch?
bumping this in the basement

bro, it'll be like every other dre album...it'll be music  ;D There'll be deep songs on it, club bangers on it, emotional shit on and all, it's his last album, he'll try his best to out on fire, this is a solid start atleast ;-)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »
Interview with Dre from power 106

http://radiobigboy.com/?p=19288
thanks, you should make a new topic for it

Lucifuge

« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »
Still Dre isnt sond like everthing radio back in the days. fuck off

lol wtf are you talking about? radio friendly songs were more raw back in the day, more g'd up and shit, it was radio friendly, what was game changing about it at the time was the instrumental and sound of it that dre took, and its impact etc

like i said, this is not game changing (i dont think so anyway) but it banging still

go back inside your eminem poster

Back then. what is now? u loose.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Stan

« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
If people that don't even like rap music feel this song and people that love rap music feel it then you start getting into classic territory.  

I agree.  That's a key component.  I mean, I don't like hard rock/heavy metal, but Smells Like Teen Spirit is a great song imo.  Obviously, it transcends its genre.  That's the mark of a great song.  Like Nothing But a G Thang -- I have friends who don't like rap, but they love that song.  It's transcendental and timeless.

Good post.

Ok, got to stop posting because my lunch break is just about over  ;D  Talk to y'all later.

Great rock/metal example.  I agree 100%.  I know tonnes of people who listen to shit other than rap that all know Nuthing But a G thang, expecially the chorus.  This is a fun song, not supposed to be super-lyrical, super-deep,etc.  It actually woudd be a good Next Episode Pt. 3... that is what it sounds like to me.  Also I read that Dre scrapped anything that sounded like 2001 cuz obviously he wants it to be different.  People who are expecting 2001 part 2 forget about it, its not happening.  I believe Scott Storch said this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »
People tend to overrate 2001

I don't think it's near The Chronic, and I don't think Detox will be near 2001.  2001 has the best technical polish I've ever heard, but as an artistic statement, I've always felt it was lackluster.  The Chronic is just pure art to me.  That was Dre's genius -- to take violent, misogynist subject matter, really heinous stuff on the surface, and turn it into art.

Sonically perhaps....but I can't understand people who complain about the lyrics. A Dre album has NEVER been about lyrics. And 2001 had some of the wackest lyrics I've heard.

I can't really see how you would call it art either. Dre's talent is making music that BUMPS. But as far as musical expression his productions have always been very simple and basic.  

he means the artistic merit of the OG Chronic.

What exactly makes it more artistic than the rest of hip hop? It samples Funk extensively

Lol @ people making something deeper than it is.

nothing. but some people find hip-hop at its best to be a strong artistic expression, for various reasons. if you want to degrade the music to a lower status because of sampling or you find no value in it beyond bumping beats, that's your opinion.

All I'm asking is what makes it any more "artistic" than any other music? Or any other hip hop song? If you can't explain that at least a little you are simply placing a label on something.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
You shouldn't be expecting something sounding like his previous work, considering he has a habit of moving on to different sounds. N.W.A didn't sound like the Chronic, the Chronic didn't sound like 2001, etc.

Kush sounds like it could be on 2001.  Same instrumentation, by and large.  And as far as what makes The Chronic "art," well, that's a reeeeally open ended question that I have no time to write 10,000 words about.  I mean, what makes the Mona Lisa such a great painting when I could just get a brush and an easel and just paint some girl's face.  Wouldn't it be the same?  No.  I suggest you take some art/music appreciation classes, because giving you the answer to your question is like opening a pandora's box.  And the best way to answer your question is for you to go on your own journey of discovering what makes classic art, classic art.

In other words there is no answer. You can label anything as art and come up with an explanation.

I wasn't intending to start a discussion on what constitutes art. The reason I brought it up is because you specifically used the term "artistic expression" to explain what makes the Chronic great and why you find his newer music disappointing. But I dont find the Chronic any more of an artistic expression than 2001.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »

Good post.

Great rock/metal example.  I agree 100%.  I know tonnes of people who listen to shit other than rap that all know Nuthing But a G thang, expecially the chorus.  This is a fun song, not supposed to be super-lyrical, super-deep,etc.  It actually woudd be a good Next Episode Pt. 3... that is what it sounds like to me.  Also I read that Dre scrapped anything that sounded like 2001 cuz obviously he wants it to be different.  People who are expecting 2001 part 2 forget about it, its not happening.  I believe Scott Storch said this.

Kush sounds nice and has that 2001 feeling dude.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

CTontheTRACK

• Lil Geezy
Finally! New Dr. Dre Song Feat. Akon and Snoop Dogg. Listen Here!
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »
Finally! New Dr. Dre Song Feat. Akon and Snoop Dogg. Listen Here!

He’s Back! Dr. Dre leaks his first single for the long waited album “Detox” maybe finally under way. The song “Kush” features Akon and Snoop Dogg with the help of Slim The Mobster which is mistaken by the classic hip hop artist Nate Dogg. Reports from DubCnn.com says that the video is being shot as well. You may listen and download this song at www.dubcnn.com

By Christopher C. Tucker

Resource By: Mil for DUB CNN