Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35416 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »
People tend to overrate 2001

I don't think it's near The Chronic, and I don't think Detox will be near 2001.  2001 has the best technical polish I've ever heard, but as an artistic statement, I've always felt it was lackluster.  The Chronic is just pure art to me.  That was Dre's genius -- to take violent, misogynist subject matter, really heinous stuff on the surface, and turn it into art.

Sonically perhaps....but I can't understand people who complain about the lyrics. A Dre album has NEVER been about lyrics. And 2001 had some of the wackest lyrics I've heard.

I can't really see how you would call it art either. Dre's talent is making music that BUMPS. But as far as musical expression his productions have always been very simple and basic.  

he means the artistic merit of the OG Chronic.

What exactly makes it more artistic than the rest of hip hop? It samples Funk extensively

Lol @ people making something deeper than it is.

nothing. but some people find hip-hop at its best to be a strong artistic expression, for various reasons. if you want to degrade the music to a lower status because of sampling or you find no value in it beyond bumping beats, that's your opinion.

All I'm asking is what makes it any more "artistic" than any other music? Or any other hip hop song? If you can't explain that at least a little you are simply placing a label on something.

to avoid going back and forth continuously on something so subjective, you're right, i am simply placing a label on something. if i thought you were actually interested in other people's viewpoints and opinions instead of trying to 'argue them down' all day it might be worth a real response.

The lesson here should be don't bring in artistic merit to a discussion of what makes a song better or worse if you have no intention of explaining yourself (or lack the ability?).

I'm actually interested to know what makes a song on The Chronic more of an artistic expression than Kush to you. You know, since you're the one arguing down on Kush.

dameons

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:10 AM »
I bet this album won't come out until April .After x-mas shopping , everyone is broke . The waiting is far from over. No one has money until March , and they know it. Don't get too excited .

snoop

Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2010, 11:28:27 AM »
12/21 would be a good release date

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
Gave it a few spins on my new Sennheiser headphones.....this bangs really hard. Cant wait for the better version cause im lovin the end on this one, when beat goes on its just great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Matty

« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
Dr. Dre - Kush (feat. Kobe, Snoop Dogg, Akon & Sly) http://www.mediafire.com/?nd7cac1b1e62koy

(full length untagged & tweaked edit) bump away! ;D 8)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
Dr. Dre - Kush (feat. Kobe, Snoop Dogg, Akon & Sly) http://www.mediafire.com/?nd7cac1b1e62koy

(full length untagged & tweaked edit) bump away! ;D 8)

+1 checkin it right now.... 8)

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
eh, so is this official?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »
FUCK akon

dameons

« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
This isn't the first single and we know it .Just a street single .We have a ways to go before all this official first single stuff is warranted .He's just letting us have this one cause it 's out there anyways , so he is just letting us have it to tide us over 

Stan

« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2010, 12:03:38 PM »
Kush sounds nice and has that 2001 feeling dude.

Well the only thing that does are the keys and in that case keys are keys.  Sounds like any keyboard to me.  The song definitely sounds like space-funk, so whoever said gave it a good "label."
I'm listening on shit computer speakers but the synths do sound like they could also be in a house track, but regardless add a good twist to the song.  Gives it soem character that separates it from other watery club songs.

I'm wondering if this is where the Kraftwerk influence comes in...  

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
dude already said he's like 60 days away from finishing the album, i think we all know what that means.

- he said that on Power106 today

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »
FUCK akon

Hold up, wait a minute, why did u waste your 2000th post on such a statement.... :)

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=99197

The Doc is back. Hip-hop’s legendary producer Dr. Dre is finally preparing to release his highly anticipated comeback album, Detox, and XXL got the chance to pick the rap icon’s brain for the December/January 2011 issue.

After over a decade the West Coast superproducer is finally preparing the first quarter 2011 release of the long-awaited Detox. In a candid interview with Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten, the master beatsmith said, “I’m really feeling it now. My energy has been back and forth with the record, tussling with doing it out of obligation, as opposed to doing it because I really feel it. My feelings about it have been going up and down. Now I’m in that place where I’m really feeling it, and it’s coming out right. It’s like, Yeah, I’m excited about it.”

Dre has been teasing fans with the disc’s release since first announcing Detox in April 2002 but, as he explains in the XXL cover story, it’s been Dre himself that has been the cause of the many years of delay. The beat maestro, who turned 45 this past February, says, “The only part that has been pushing me back is just the fact that I’m getting older, and certain things to talk about… But I can incorporate other artists, new artists with this record, to say some of the things I won’t say. It’s been a little tussle in that area also, just because of age and being able to identify with the younger audience.”

Staying motivated over the years has been a struggle for Dre, who told XXL that there were moments where he almost gave up on Detox. “I’ve been through that thing several times, where I’m like, ‘You know what? I quit. I’m not doing this. Everything is starting to sound the same.’”

In the story, Dr. Dre also reveals that Detox might be the last time fans will hear him rap. “I don’t ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it,” he said. “But as far as me going into the mic booth, that shit is over. I’m always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that’s it. I don’t see myself doing it the way I’m doing it now. I’m in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I’m going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family.”

With 27 years in the industry, Dre has experienced one of most successful runs in the game, but the mysterious legend is conflicted about his own legacy. “I have mixed emotions about it,” he said. “I think it’s incredible what I’ve done. A lot of sweat. But as an innovator, I look back and can’t help but go, Damn, there’s things I could’ve done better, you know?”

In addition to the cover story, XXL’s December/January issue also includes features on Young Money princess Nicki Minaj, who is gearing up for the release of her debut album, Pink Friday, and master of the boards Swizz Beatz as he prepares to take his career to the next level. XXL also spoke with Debra Antney, the businesswoman behind hip-hop’s biggest rising stars like Minaj, Gucci Mane and her son Waka Flocka Flame, as well as rookie producer Lex Luger, who is also featured in the issue. The magazine also investigates the decision-making process behind today’s urban radio playlists and the ever-growing pop rap phenomenon.

And finally, Kanye West’s new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, is reviewed in the new issue and receives an XXL rating, marking West’s third ever XXL on an album. From the magazine’s review: “Following the experimental 808s, this was the album where rap fans expected Yeezy to take it back to his boom-bap roots. Instead, he delivered something better, a collection of masterfully crafted records that defy conventional genre distinction. The end result is a body of work that pushes hip-hop in a bold new direction and puts Mr. West back at the forefront of the culture once again, leaving nothing more to be said, other than G.O.O.D.-ass job, Kanye.”

To read these stories and much more check out XXL magazine’s December/January double issue on newsstands nationwide on December 14. —XXL Staff

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:22 PM »
Anybody doubting, complaining, etc. NEEDS to listen to the interview! Dre pretty much says the West/Hip Hop in general is on his back and it's time to bring it back.

Oh and the OFFICIAL VERSION is out:

http://radiobigboy.com/?p=19291

Don't know if it'll get officially released to everyone, but it's official, Aftermath gave it to them.

So ya, it's official ladies and gentlemen, Dre's 1st single in 9 years! BTW, the final version sounds like much more is going on with more effects, mixed better, and just overall sounds better to me.