Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35701 times)

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »
Assuming pretty much everyone in the music industry will be featured on this album, i wonder if this is the only snoop feature?
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
DETOX IS A MYTH..

WHERE YOU AT BRO?

I'm right here.  If Detox is finally coming out, then cool.  Still doesn't change the fact that my sig has been true for eight years.  And, personally, this song is just a bunch of noise to me.  Snoop has a nice verse, but Get the Funk Out of My Face is much better than this as a song.  I don't like this new age rap sound from the past couple years, at all.  If this is what Detox is going to be, well, it won't be for me.  Maybe I'm the problem -- it might be time for me to move on.  Just keeping it real.  Maybe it's time for me to retire from rap music. ? :'(

Anyone else feel this way?  I mean, this is nothing near the quality of Dre's past work.

I mean, here's Get the Funk... for comparison: 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:58:35 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2010, 07:56:46 PM »
Sounds like Khalil laid the skeleton of this beat and Storch did the keys. Song's just ok to me. The keys sound a bit dated to me - almost like those million generic "Dre" beats that always pop up on the internet.

Mr.West

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
YES!!!! This is dope, i hope they push this as the first official single. Dre & Snoop = Classic!!!!!!!!!

Str8 West Coastin'!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8)

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
wow almost a decade and were given an average track, looks to me like you all bought the hype

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »
DETOX IS A MYTH..

WHERE YOU AT BRO?

I'm right here.  If Detox is finally coming out, then cool.  Still doesn't change the fact that my sig has been true for eight years.  And, personally, this song is just a bunch of noise to me.  Snoop has a nice verse, but Get the Funk Out of My Face is much better than this as a song.  I don't like this new age rap sound from the past couple years, at all.  If this is what Detox is going to be, well, it won't be for me.  Maybe I'm the problem -- it might be time for me to move on.  Just keeping it real.  Maybe it's time for me to retire from rap music. ? :'(

Anyone else feel this way?  I mean, this is nothing near the quality of Dre's past work.

I mean, here's Get the Funk... for comparison:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgVVWfJrJzc

Fair call man, i know what you mean, music is always changing and rap of late has been pretty shit. When i heard Under Pressure i instantly lost faith - but now after listening to kush and hearing that bassline and classic dre piano i'm glad he switched it up.

Don't retire from rap :P, lets see what else the album has on it first, can't just judge it off one song
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:03:57 PM by MrJas »
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
DETOX IS A MYTH..

WHERE YOU AT BRO?

I mean, here's Get the Funk... for comparison: 

Correction. If Detox is coming out, it means your sig has been wrong for 8 years.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »
Song is dope. Not mindblowing like people are making it out to be, but I'm not complaining.

Hittman2001

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »
Ive had this shit on repeat for over an hour now!! 

you and me both

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »
Shit is defintately hot and should blow the fuck up . . that being said, I don't think this is on that Still DRE/GThang/etc. level when it comes to smashing the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a good single in today's market, but for the motherfuckin DOCTOR, I think it could have been better. Whatever though, after Under Pressure, this IS Still Dre p2. And ya, Nate on that hook would have been IT for me. Oh and keys are the shit, fuck if it's "outdated".

Suga Foot

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
There's nothing I can say that can express how I feel right now. 

acgrundy

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
song is pretty dope.  Snoop sounds very dope on this.  Dre definitely brings out the best in him...I don't think anyone can argue about that.  Song doesn't do it for me like Still Dre did, but still its a dope song.  Very glad to see this replacing that Under Pressure garbage.

TRG

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
 8) 8) diggin this a lot!!

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:46 PM »
My god ... this sounds so fucking crazy blasting this too the max on my studio beats ... speechless... the piano is crazy..
CAN I HAZ D;