Author Topic: Dr.Dre Power 106 Interview (Speaks on Kush leak...) + Dr.Dre on new XXL cover  (Read 1916 times)

dnjp4life

I'm glad that Dre's not too pissed that Kush leaked, cool that it will be on the album too, because it deserves to be on there.  Great news that he's hitting up Snoop for more material too.
I don't wanna hear any more Detox material though, sort of don't wanna ruin the surprise when the album drops, but if shit leaks then it will be hard for me not to download it!
Seems that the wait is finally over soon.  January/February can't come soon enough.  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I'm glad that Dre's not too pissed that Kush leaked, cool that it will be on the album too, because it deserves to be on there.  Great news that he's hitting up Snoop for more material too.
I don't wanna hear any more Detox material though, sort of don't wanna ruin the surprise when the album drops, but if shit leaks then it will be hard for me not to download it!
Seems that the wait is finally over soon.  January/February can't come soon enough.  8)
wouldn't it be weird if he was pissed?
it may not be his decision to leak it, but i'm sure he knows who's done it.

andre

Big Boy's Neighborhood wooop woooooooop Ting ting ting ting ting

DjKeyz

He says next month he finish the finale mastering so it's coming January - February
you can't say that for certain.

I know... Dre himself doesn't know...

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
January/February he will be finished (as he says), but the album wont drop just when its done, it needs some promo, some wait, and maybe we can have it like before summer (may/june, maybe earleir?)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr.Dre Power 106 Intreview (Speaks on Kush leak...)
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 07:31:49 AM »
warm up or not - @ least we get SOMETHING after more than 10 years lol
True dat.

DjKeyz

January/February he will be finished (as he says), but the album wont drop just when its done, it needs some promo, some wait, and maybe we can have it like before summer (may/june, maybe earleir?)

I think that if Dre release the album tomorrow he can touch the million in the first week without any fucking promo.

Mygla

And I think you're over estimating Dre's hold on today's record buyers... This isn't 2003, the biggest rap and r&b singlers aren't produced by Dre these days, and the hype is definately not the same after all this waiting, so he wouldn't do those numbers based on his name alone... But by the time Detox eventually gets released, I'm sure the Interscope-machine will have everyone and their momma talking about Dre (they've already started it with all the commercials and Dre-products), and I'm sure we'll see huge sales.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
First the '08, '09 '10 Freshmen and now this, XXL is definatly my favorite hip hop magazine.
Hopefully Dre'll find himself in a corner where he'll have to release the album.

as weird as this may sound, i wouldn't want that to happen. if he's kinda forced into releasing it, then it's not gonna be exactly how he'd like it, i.e. it wont be as good as it can be

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround

I think that if Dre release the album tomorrow he can touch the million in the first week without any fucking promo.
yeah, i dont doubt it, but some good promo is always welcome and always takes place, specially with Dre.. and come one 6 videos? some of em must be released before album, and that mean, that we will wait a little longer when they drop.. at least i think so.. after releasin video, you give people some time to bang it, and not trop an album, couse when you drop album, people will leave the video.. so i stay with the may

silky

• Lil Geezy
  • SILKYDPG
Did anyone even notice that he said He is about to work with Kendrick Lamar. Dude is a beast. If he is on the album that would be crazy. K.DOT

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Did anyone even notice that he said He is about to work with Kendrick Lamar. Dude is a beast. If he is on the album that would be crazy. K.DOT

yup, every year he's shouting out a new west coast rapper on this radio, 2008 bishop, 2009 slim the mobsta...

The D.O.C and

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Yeah except before Dre wasn't doing the press thing after the last leaks. This is a finished track and the hype on the release has started for real. It's not silly to expect a first quarter release. It's not like they could just get a quicker release now anyway. January sounds good to me. :)

yeah the whole thing is different this time around.. but shit.. Its Detox.. you never know.. lol

kuruptlon

So who is that nate impersonator on the track?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Yeah except before Dre wasn't doing the press thing after the last leaks. This is a finished track and the hype on the release has started for real. It's not silly to expect a first quarter release. It's not like they could just get a quicker release now anyway. January sounds good to me. :)

yeah the whole thing is different this time around.. but shit.. Its Detox.. you never know.. lol