Author Topic: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise  (Read 2449 times)

Matty

i know this is a minority opinion but ;D

grown up funk vibe but banging. a party aint a party till the doc walk in it. catchy track, brilliant lyrics from T.I. for Dre to spit a dope back and forth. smokable :bandit:

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:29 PM »
I agree that this track is brilliant and I really see Dre and Snoop over this track. It's got that Dre vibe to it. But it's the 2001 vibe Matty. It's 2011, we off that ;) :P haha what i mean to say is that that track had a typical Dre sound. And From what He said, we shouldn't be expecting that ''Typical'' sound.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
I agree that this track is brilliant and I really see Dre and Snoop over this track. It's got that Dre vibe to it. But it's the 2001 vibe Matty. It's 2011, we off that ;) :P haha what i mean to say is that that track had a typical Dre sound. And From what He said, we shouldn't be expecting that ''Typical'' sound.

i know there's the whole funk vibe/kool and the gang sample, but dre doing it with his new drum style would make it stand out as a new production. there's loads of scope to make a entirely new sound while keeping with that basic groove. it's just cause im down with that whole kind of vibe more than anything but it is what it is, do what it do. holla.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »
nah, the looped sample becomes repetitive. the other instrumentals that Dre scrapped from Detox, like Imagine, are much better

the drums are cool though.
brilliant lyrics for Dre? that was a joke right?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:16:05 AM »
Always thought that was one boring track. Instrumental wise of course, T.I. did his thing.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »
I always liked This Is Detox with T.I and Kobe...Kobe killed it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 02:50:35 AM »

horrible song. 

"Shit Popped Off" was ok but obviously they can do better.  TI mirked his verse tho.
"The D.O.C.T.O.R" was my shit, that beat was crazy nice.
"It Could've Been You" was the best leak so far, the "BISD" version was horrible compared to tha demo's that we heard previously.  tbh
"I'm Coming Home (?)" was my shit aswell, now that shit could've been the perfect intro 4 Detox.

and tha rest were okay i guess but obviously they didn't make the cut for obvious reasons.

DreTendo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 02:53:59 AM »

Yea I still play that all the time, could only imagine how good it could have been once Dre re-produced it and actually rapped on it.
I alway thought 'Shit popped off' was just a boring Loop, drums went hard though.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 04:08:53 AM »

grown up funk vibe but banging. a party aint a party till the doc walk in it. catchy track, brilliant lyrics from T.I. for Dre to spit a dope back and forth. smokable :bandit:

i'd have to agree with that
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »

i'd have to agree with that

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
so what are all the real  reference songs from detox that leaked?

DjKeyz

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
Kush > This Is Detox > Shit Popped Of

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
so what are all the real  reference songs from detox that leaked?

People get this so twisted, they start thinkin the Ludacris one was real, the Crooked I one from years ago . . when really, only a small handfull of tracks leaked that were intended/had anything to do with Detox. So this is what I know, I'm not gonna go way back, just a few years (actually I don't think much has really leaked from Detox before 2009):

February, 2009 - Could Have Been You (ft. 50 Cent & R. Kelly) [Produced by DJ Khalil]
February, 2009 - Could Have Been You (ft. 50 Cent, Slim Da Mobster *As Dre* & R. Kelly) [Produced by DJ Khalil]

The first version has a blank spot for Dre's verse, R. Kelly on the hooks and 50 Cent on the second verse. The second has Slim referencing Dre's missing part. It leaked in very early '09 as a Detox song, but it was apparently recorded 2 years prior and shot-down around that time as well. It later appeared on 50 Cent's latest album, without Slim and finished.

February, 2009 - Topless (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre*, Nas & Slim Da Mobster *As Dre*) [Produced By DJ Khalil] *That was the rumour, but it sounds like Dre had a lot to do with this*

This track caused a huge buzz, being labeled as Detox's first single. Was originally titled "We Run This", but then changed. It turns out it was one of the many songs that would leak that week that were just recorded when Dre brought in T.I. to work with about a month prior. T.I. does Dre's part and Nas spits a crazy verse. Slim does Dre's part on the hooks as well. Not sure who the background singer is, maybe Sly?

February, 2009 - Shit Popped Off (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg*) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Never confirmed, but it was in the commercial, and it has his sound, so it's a good assumption*

The second leaked Detox track in the flurry of leaks, with T.I. once again ghosting Dre's verse & hooks, and what many believed to be Snoop's verse in the second verse. It would only make sense for it to be Snoop though. And while it was also never confirmed, this one was definately produced by Dre.

February, 2009 - I Am Hip Hop (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre* & Kobe) [Produced By DJ Khalil]
February, 2009 - This Is Detox (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre* & Kobe) [Produced By DJ Khalil]

The same song here, but it leaked as two different versions. The first had T.I. ghosting Dre's verses and Kobe doing the opening, with the hooks left open. The second was the same, but with Kobe & T.I. doing the hooks.

February, 2009 - Coming Back (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre*) [Produced By. Dr. Dre] *That's another calculated assumption*

The only track so far that leaked in snippet form. This may be because it was never finished, so the fade-out was put in over the verse. T.I. does Dre's part again here, in the last of the flurry of leaks. A short video surfaced a couple of months later of Slim Da Mobster doing vocals over this beat.

May 2010 - Flashy (Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Assumed and likely*

This unfinished track with Snoop Dogg is actually the first Detox leak ever to feature Dre actually rapping on it (nobody seemed to realize that at the time, or maybe i'm wrong?). Shortly after a version of only Bishop Lamont came out. Both versions were likely from '07 or late '06.

June, 2010 - Under Pressure (Dr. Dre ft. Jay-Z) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Never confirmed, but we can all assume*

The track that was supposed to be the second coming, which was getting ridiculously hyped up for over a month finally leaked (very unfinished) to a brutal response. It was such a big deal that Dre had to actually leave a message on the Interscope site speaking of it. Eventually Dre said it was scrapped (along with everything else we've heard so far). A few other versions of this leaked that are presumed to be "home-made" with hooks.

August, 2010 - Turn Me On (Dr. Dre ft. Ester Dean) [Produced By. Dr. Dre] *The girl was never confirmed, same with the beat, but we can assume for the beat*

The second of the 2 leaks at the time, this one was never really confirmed to be by Dre or featuring him, as well as no confirmation on the female singer or male singer, but the chick was rumoured to be Ester Dean. Dre's verse was likely done by Jay-Z. Track was unfinished on every level.

November, 2010 - Kush (Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg & Akon) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *OFFICIALLY RELEASED*

Basically what we all know, it leaked as the unmixed/unfinished version and people liked it so Dre put it out officially in it's finished state. The original beat was done by Khalil, and the background singers are Kobe & Sly. The first Dre single since 2001 and the first long-awaited Detox single (although not the real first single).

Anything NOT on this list is bullshit and just someone submitting their beat/lyrics for Detox. Completely unrelated and unofficial. I hate seeing some bullshit like that Ludacris track come out and people think that's actually Dre-related. And although I liked them, same with those Young Knox tracks that came out a while back. These tracks here are the ONLY Dre-related tracks that had anything to do with Detox.

There were also a bunch of short snippets/commercials with shit labeled as "Detox" in them. Some were of video in Dre's studio with crazy beats playing and Slim rapping over some of them. Then the Beats/HP commercials with the Dre beats in them that have yet to leak.

For every track not produced by Dre, you gotta think they would have had much further production by the doc if/when finished. Also, you gotta keep in mind that a lot of the beats that you hear from Dre since 2000 have been intended for Detox at one point.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:29:48 AM by Shopping Carts »

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 08:33:44 AM »
u forgot about OG's theme it was one of my favorite leaks + it sounds like the final version would of had snoop on it 2

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 08:37:20 AM »
Shit Popped Off has grown man class while Kush feels like an old man trying to fit in a world he really doesn't belong in.  Jay-Z has been the only successful american commercial mc to take a techno track and sound dope on it while completely rapping and that's Ghetto Techno which a lot of people don't like but still shits on all other attempts by mcs. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks