Author Topic: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise  (Read 2448 times)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 08:42:43 AM »
u forgot about OG's theme it was one of my favorite leaks + it sounds like the final version would of had snoop on it 2

Had nothing to do with Dre, at least the beat. I know Luda submitted those lyrics, but the beat had zero to do with anyone Aftermath related. Some dude on twitter said he made it and had no affiliation with Luda either. There were a lot of tracks like this, but they're just submissions. I can even submit something.

Too many people were being tricked that Dre did a lot of this stuff, when only a handful of the leaked tracks were Aftermath related.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:44:20 AM by Shopping Carts »

Tha Crip

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »
Its been confirmed Dre didnt do Shit Popped Off, it was produced by The Buchannans (they did work on jay-z's BLACK ALBUM)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Stan

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
Can someone put up links to these songs?   :o

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
Shit Popped Off has grown man class while Kush feels like an old man trying to fit in a world he really doesn't belong in.  Jay-Z has been the only successful american commercial mc to take a techno track and sound dope on it while completely rapping and that's Ghetto Techno which a lot of people don't like but still shits on all other attempts by mcs.  

to you maybe but not everybody in their 30's (and up) is stuck on some "i need 2 slow down becuz i'm getting older" shit.  i'm not tryna go on u but it's a fair assessment 2 mention that.  if anything u party harder just not as much *but then again that all dependz on u*.  and plz don't come at me with 6 pages of ur life and ur story bullshit, save that shit 4 Elano.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
Flashy and Topless were both dope to me, great to have Nas on a track too

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »

yeah i preferred these two to anything else. Topless is my favourite overall

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »
so what are all the real  reference songs from detox that leaked?

People get this so twisted, they start thinkin the Ludacris one was real, the Crooked I one from years ago . . when really, only a small handfull of tracks leaked that were intended/had anything to do with Detox. So this is what I know, I'm not gonna go way back, just a few years (actually I don't think much has really leaked from Detox before 2009):

February, 2009 - Could Have Been You (ft. 50 Cent & R. Kelly) [Produced by DJ Khalil]
February, 2009 - Could Have Been You (ft. 50 Cent, Slim Da Mobster *As Dre* & R. Kelly) [Produced by DJ Khalil]

The first version has a blank spot for Dre's verse, R. Kelly on the hooks and 50 Cent on the second verse. The second has Slim referencing Dre's missing part. It leaked in very early '09 as a Detox song, but it was apparently recorded 2 years prior and shot-down around that time as well. It later appeared on 50 Cent's latest album, without Slim and finished.

February, 2009 - Topless (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre*, Nas & Slim Da Mobster *As Dre*) [Produced By DJ Khalil] *That was the rumour, but it sounds like Dre had a lot to do with this*

This track caused a huge buzz, being labeled as Detox's first single. Was originally titled "We Run This", but then changed. It turns out it was one of the many songs that would leak that week that were just recorded when Dre brought in T.I. to work with about a month prior. T.I. does Dre's part and Nas spits a crazy verse. Slim does Dre's part on the hooks as well. Not sure who the background singer is, maybe Sly?

February, 2009 - Shit Popped Off (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg*) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Never confirmed, but it was in the commercial, and it has his sound, so it's a good assumption*

The second leaked Detox track in the flurry of leaks, with T.I. once again ghosting Dre's verse & hooks, and what many believed to be Snoop's verse in the second verse. It would only make sense for it to be Snoop though. And while it was also never confirmed, this one was definately produced by Dre.

February, 2009 - I Am Hip Hop (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre* & Kobe) [Produced By DJ Khalil]
February, 2009 - This Is Detox (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre* & Kobe) [Produced By DJ Khalil]

The same song here, but it leaked as two different versions. The first had T.I. ghosting Dre's verses and Kobe doing the opening, with the hooks left open. The second was the same, but with Kobe & T.I. doing the hooks.

February, 2009 - Coming Back (ft. T.I. *As Dr. Dre*) [Produced By. Dr. Dre] *That's another calculated assumption*

The only track so far that leaked in snippet form. This may be because it was never finished, so the fade-out was put in over the verse. T.I. does Dre's part again here, in the last of the flurry of leaks. A short video surfaced a couple of months later of Slim Da Mobster doing vocals over this beat.

May 2010 - Flashy (Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Assumed and likely*

This unfinished track with Snoop Dogg is actually the first Detox leak ever to feature Dre actually rapping on it (nobody seemed to realize that at the time, or maybe i'm wrong?). Shortly after a version of only Bishop Lamont came out. Both versions were likely from '07 or late '06.

June, 2010 - Under Pressure (Dr. Dre ft. Jay-Z) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *Never confirmed, but we can all assume*

The track that was supposed to be the second coming, which was getting ridiculously hyped up for over a month finally leaked (very unfinished) to a brutal response. It was such a big deal that Dre had to actually leave a message on the Interscope site speaking of it. Eventually Dre said it was scrapped (along with everything else we've heard so far). A few other versions of this leaked that are presumed to be "home-made" with hooks.

August, 2010 - Turn Me On (Dr. Dre ft. Ester Dean) [Produced By. Dr. Dre] *The girl was never confirmed, same with the beat, but we can assume for the beat*

The second of the 2 leaks at the time, this one was never really confirmed to be by Dre or featuring him, as well as no confirmation on the female singer or male singer, but the chick was rumoured to be Ester Dean. Dre's verse was likely done by Jay-Z. Track was unfinished on every level.

November, 2010 - Kush (Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg & Akon) [Produced By Dr. Dre] *OFFICIALLY RELEASED*

Basically what we all know, it leaked as the unmixed/unfinished version and people liked it so Dre put it out officially in it's finished state. The original beat was done by Khalil, and the background singers are Kobe & Sly. The first Dre single since 2001 and the first long-awaited Detox single (although not the real first single).

Anything NOT on this list is bullshit and just someone submitting their beat/lyrics for Detox. Completely unrelated and unofficial. I hate seeing some bullshit like that Ludacris track come out and people think that's actually Dre-related. And although I liked them, same with those Young Knox tracks that came out a while back. These tracks here are the ONLY Dre-related tracks that had anything to do with Detox.

There were also a bunch of short snippets/commercials with shit labeled as "Detox" in them. Some were of video in Dre's studio with crazy beats playing and Slim rapping over some of them. Then the Beats/HP commercials with the Dre beats in them that have yet to leak.

For every track not produced by Dre, you gotta think they would have had much further production by the doc if/when finished. Also, you gotta keep in mind that a lot of the beats that you hear from Dre since 2000 have been intended for Detox at one point.

could you please upload all of them in a zip file?

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »
Its been confirmed Dre didnt do Shit Popped Off, it was produced by The Buchannans (they did work on jay-z's BLACK ALBUM)

It may be another situation of them making the beat, but Dre "producing" the whole thing.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
Topless is by far the best Detox related track that has surfaced in the past couple years. I would have loved to hear a finished version mixed by Dre, but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
oh come on, that's probably one of Dre's weaker beats in the recent years.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »
Flashy was dope to me
oh come on, that's probably one of Dre's weaker beats in the recent years.

no bullshit, muthafuckas sysed tha shit outta that song.  it's probably 1 of tha worst dr. dre records he's ever done if not THE worst.  i'm sorry but that shit was mad corny.  not that i care, i'm just glad tha nigga's releasin' shit now (maybe for all we know though).  

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
Let me get this straight, Khalil did the beat to kush.

what the fuck is dre doing? i'm not dissing him or anything like that, but god damn this shit has taken 10 years to come out, his lyrics are ghost-written for him, and he's got other dudes on the beat?

You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Matty

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
of course outta control remix creams them all. some of the notes are similar to kush, just play the instrumentals back to back and it's a very similar vibe, only way better.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
of course outta control remix creams them all. some of the notes are similar to kush, just play the instrumentals back to back and it's a very similar vibe, only way better.

Kush reminds me of the beat from the Quincy Coors Light ad.

Matty

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 02:38:54 PM »

Kush reminds me of the beat from the Quincy Coors Light ad.

judging by what they came up with vocally for the track, that's where the beat should have stayed, on an ad.