Author Topic: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise  (Read 2446 times)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
does anybody know if 'Kush' & 'I Need A Doctor' are still on Detox or they got cancelled?
dre doesn't even know lol.

lol, tru dat! :laugh:
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »
I'm amazed by the fact some of you still think Detox is coming

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
I'm amazed by the fact some of you still think Detox is coming

;D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:48 PM »
Was it just me or was anybody esle feelin the nino bless track, deep lyrics, hi-tek on the beat and dion on the hook (not confirmed). Not your typical dre track but shit was deep.
Also the reason I was hopin Bishop was still writing for detox because he wanted Dre to talk about real shit, Eazy's passing and the 2pac disses, not just the party shit but who knows.
And i thought hi-tek produced coming back?
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

dameons

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »
LET IT GO !   It's nothing but a myth .

Matty

« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »
'Shit Popped Off' makes a return 8)

T.I. - Popped Off (ft. Dr. Dre) [clean intro] http://www.mediafire.com/?z1zxihgzwjlfdul

HighEyeCue

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
'Shit Popped Off' makes a return 8)

T.I. - Popped Off (ft. Dr. Dre) [clean intro] http://www.mediafire.com/?z1zxihgzwjlfdul

good call on the original post 8)

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
dunno how anyone can be satisfied with shit popped of. such a lame straight forward kool and the gang sample like on some will smith shit. sampling is okay when done right but for such a hyped up, high budget, bigger then life project id expect some damn originality or original instrumentation or whatever. i know almost nothing about producing and i could loop that shit as good as he did.

Matty

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
dunno how anyone can be satisfied with shit popped of. such a lame straight forward kool and the gang sample like on some will smith shit. sampling is okay when done right but for such a hyped up, high budget, bigger then life project id expect some damn originality or original instrumentation or whatever. i know almost nothing about producing and i could loop that shit as good as he did.

gotta be a good thing :laugh:

PLANT

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:40 AM »
I really like "popped off" but I still feel like a finished version of "topless" would be better

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »

You mean like Nuthin but A G Thang?

::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

when dre samples someone he has the elements replayed. he doesn't loop it. and g thang a def classic.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »

when dre samples someone he has the elements replayed. he doesn't loop it. and g thang a def classic.

what makes you think Shit Popped Off wasn't replayed?

Matty

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2012, 03:19:54 AM »
the beat is dope on the new version - crystal clear, nice elements to heighten the feel of it. lol @ the dude moaning about it being a sample with 'minimal' changes. if a history of hip hop hits has shown anything it's that a sample used the right way with the right drums and vocals can go a loooong way, when 'produced' right. less is more when it works perfectly, so much so that is often appears like there's nothing to it. those will smith hits are another good example of sampling done right. if it was so easy to craft a hit record this way, everyone would be doing it.

the only bad thing about this new version is that the vocals don't fit the record anywhere as well as the ones in the OG leak. dre with his rushed flow and eminem written lyrics kinda ruins the smooth sound. the back and previous forth t.i. penned had the perfect feel and tone for what's going on musically. for me, that along with other recent choices calls into question dre's 'producing' ability right now. you might think it's being pedantic, but i'd straight up say to him why didn't you use the previous lyrics or use a slower flow, this doesn't sound right :laugh: but seeing as though it's only a mixtape throwaway and the beat it so nice, it's no biggie.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:52:25 AM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
yes its for a mixtape, but it was meant for detox at first, so i think it doesnt look good for dre.

besides, what drug test, kush & i need a doctor? those aren't mixtape songs(not produced by dre, but still, he's featured)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:09:10 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »