Author Topic: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise  (Read 2445 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Shit Popped Off is still the best Detox leak finished or otherwise
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 08:09:47 AM »
yes its for a mixtape, but it was meant for detox at first, so i think it doesnt look good for dre.

besides, what drug test, kush & i need a doctor? those aren't mixtape songs(not produced by dre, but still, he's featured)

coming soon Pretox the mixtape

Matty

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
yes its for a mixtape, but it was meant for detox at first, so i think it doesnt look good for dre.

besides, what drug test, kush & i need a doctor? those aren't mixtape songs(not produced by dre, but still, he's featured)

the verse was prolly just done in a hurry or recently though? some of the eminem written stuff really sucks :-X

but yeah, dre had sub-par verses on kush and particularly drug test.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »
dunno how anyone can be satisfied with shit popped of. such a lame straight forward kool and the gang sample like on some will smith shit. sampling is okay when done right but for such a hyped up, high budget, bigger then life project id expect some damn originality or original instrumentation or whatever. i know almost nothing about producing and i could loop that shit as good as he did.

You mean like Nuthin but A G Thang?

::)
when dre samples someone he has the elements replayed. he doesn't loop it. and g thang a def classic.

what makes you think Shit Popped Off wasn't replayed?
the reference track was produced by another producer. who knows. it sounds like it's not. it sounds stiff compared to dre's version.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 02:37:21 AM »
dunno how anyone can be satisfied with shit popped of. such a lame straight forward kool and the gang sample like on some will smith shit. sampling is okay when done right but for such a hyped up, high budget, bigger then life project id expect some damn originality or original instrumentation or whatever. i know almost nothing about producing and i could loop that shit as good as he did.

You mean like Nuthin but A G Thang?

::)

check your ears, son...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »

:laugh: 4/20 4/20 im coming :laugh:

the verse was prolly just done in a hurry or recently though? some of the eminem written stuff really sucks :-X

but yeah, dre had sub-par verses on kush and particularly drug test.
oh yeah i think you're right, it seems new. eminem's writing for dre from the last few years is mediocre

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 12:29:59 PM »
the beat is dope on the new version - crystal clear, nice elements to heighten the feel of it. lol @ the dude moaning about it being a sample with 'minimal' changes. if a history of hip hop hits has shown anything it's that a sample used the right way with the right drums and vocals can go a loooong way, when 'produced' right. less is more when it works perfectly, so much so that is often appears like there's nothing to it. those will smith hits are another good example of sampling done right. if it was so easy to craft a hit record this way, everyone would be doing it.

the only bad thing about this new version is that the vocals don't fit the record anywhere as well as the ones in the OG leak. dre with his rushed flow and eminem written lyrics kinda ruins the smooth sound. the back and previous forth t.i. penned had the perfect feel and tone for what's going on musically. for me, that along with other recent choices calls into question dre's 'producing' ability right now. you might think it's being pedantic, but i'd straight up say to him why didn't you use the previous lyrics or use a slower flow, this doesn't sound right :laugh: but seeing as though it's only a mixtape throwaway and the beat it so nice, it's no biggie.

I think they re-did the vocals and hook to make the track seem as fresh again as possible while giving new life to a beat everyone wanted to hear finished.

Em used to write some real dope shit for Dre so I dunno if he is asking for more technical lyrics or if Em has lost his touch as a ghost writer. Most of Dre's newer material he seems to be messing with the flow and spitting a lot more multis.

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
Matty, i think u just got too used to the original leak......dre's lyrics and flow are incredible on this one.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »
Matty, i think u just got too used to the original leak......dre's lyrics and flow are incredible on this one.

yeah I can't see how people are saying its not lyrical, you can still have dope lyrics and flow at the same time(old Em for example)