Author Topic: Is it safe to say(The 18th Letter)is a CLASSIC.  (Read 428 times)

Anunikke

Re: Is it safe to say(The 18th Letter)is a CLASSIC.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 01:32:16 AM »
Since we're on the subject of Rakim solo's, 7th seal is almost the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

That was the most disappointing album of the year
You expected too much, of course it wasn't going to be as good as Follow The Leader but it was still better than most releases last year.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:23 AM »
Since we're on the subject of Rakim solo's, 7th seal is almost the most slept on hip-hop album ever.

Oh yes it was..it had one cut,and that was(when im on the mic)premo.produced that one......when i think about it..hell,18th was better than follow the leader,7th seal,and aleast two more eric b and rakims albums..top 100 great hiphop albums 18th letter.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
We see Ra`s got a die hard fan on deck lol

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
Surprisingly, and I know it's Rakim, but it wasn't a classic for me.  it was close however.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »

You expected too much, of course it wasn't going to be as good as Follow The Leader but it was still better than most releases last year.

No, no it wasn't. Ra was still lyrically there but it sounded like he spent zero time making that album. Definitely his worst.

Anunikke

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »

No, no it wasn't. Ra was still lyrically there but it sounded like he spent zero time making that album. Definitely his worst.
Every body who's I've seen revist it changes their mind completely, give it another chance with an open mind.

theremedy360

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
I agree with most of the posters, some classic songs but too many fillers to be a classic album.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »

Every body who's I've seen revist it changes their mind completely, give it another chance with an open mind.

why... if people don't like an album from 14 years ago and still don't really feel it now then why.  it's just not a good album and you should move on.  that's why i didn't respond 2 kushface.  you're a die hard and ur tryna force people to feel a certain way about something that was never really poppin' off 2 begin with.  if it was a classic then it would've been bigger than it wuz and iz TODAY (that's the definition of a classic right.... "timeless").  it iz whut it iz tho, life's way more important than arguing with some hardcore Rakim fans (dudes not even relevant anymore and hasn't been for almost a quarter century now.... literally) so with that said i'm gone.

Anunikke

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »

why... if people don't like an album from 14 years ago and still don't really feel it now then why.  it's just not a good album and you should move on.  that's why i didn't respond 2 kushface.  you're a die hard and ur tryna force people to feel a certain way about something that was never really poppin' off 2 begin with.  if it was a classic then it would've been bigger than it wuz and iz TODAY (that's the definition of a classic right.... "timeless").  it iz whut it iz tho, life's way more important than arguing with some hardcore Rakim fans (dudes not even relevant anymore and hasn't been for almost a quarter century now.... literally) so with that said i'm gone.
The Fuck are you talking about?

The Seventh Seal is barely a year old and I'm not even that big of a Rakim fan.
I just keep hearing people say they didn't like it on first listen and then love it when they rediscover it a year later.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »

why... if people don't like an album from 14 years ago and still don't really feel it now then why.  it's just not a good album and you should move on.  that's why i didn't respond 2 kushface.  you're a die hard and ur tryna force people to feel a certain way about something that was never really poppin' off 2 begin with.  if it was a classic then it would've been bigger than it wuz and iz TODAY (that's the definition of a classic right.... "timeless").  it iz whut it iz tho, life's way more important than arguing with some hardcore Rakim fans (dudes not even relevant anymore and hasn't been for almost a quarter century now.... literally) so with that said i'm gone.
The Fuck are you talking about?

The Seventh Seal is barely a year old and I'm not even that big of a Rakim fan.
I just keep hearing people say they didn't like it on first listen and then love it when they rediscover it a year later.

wow son u should really stop riding me so hard, this thread is about "The 18th Letter" correct?  and as far as "The 7th Seal" goes, i discovered it when it 1st came out (just like MOST people did, it waz kinda "anticipated" wasn't it?) and it was garbage.  Whoever says they loved it a year later had 2 do alot of "breakin it in" to like it.  it's all good 4 u if u r 1 of those people but Rakim is useless, he just should've stuck with those Hennessey ads, that waz a good look.

u Old Heads get more bitter and bitter by tha day.  seriously y'all should just give up on tha hating already, it's pointless and y'all alienate everybody else not in your "exclusive" circle of Hip Hop heads.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:08:36 PM by Mr. White Suit »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »

I still listen to some songs off that album. I don't need to revisit it. Ra put no effort into it and it shows. A perfect example of how lyrics can't carry an album.

This album is disliked not only by the fans but by professional critics as well. You're the only one I know who has a hard on for it. Give it a rest.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
Also I hate how people justify mediocre albums from great rappers by saying "oh well its better than most albums this year". And then they go on to list the latest Gucci Mane or Rick Ross album. That is such bullshit. If those are the only other albums you listen to I could understand. But there is so much good music dropping every year. Especially 2009 that was a great year for hip hop. 7th Seal didn't come close to being one of the best releases that year.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
Also I hate how people justify mediocre albums from great rappers by saying "oh well its better than most albums this year". And then they go on to list the latest Gucci Mane or Rick Ross album. That is such bullshit. If those are the only other albums you listen to I could understand. But there is so much good music dropping every year. Especially 2009 that was a great year for hip hop. 7th Seal didn't come close to being one of the best releases that year.

U should quote that and put it on a shirt and sell it on Hip Hop websites.  That old ass tired excuse from BITTER OLD SKOOL Hip Hop heads suck tha life outta me lol.  I mean it's cool 2 have an opinion but when u compare EVERYTHING to a Gucci Mane or Rick Ross or MOST OF ALL A SOULJA BOY album then u suck (and u literally are just a Hater and there's no objection about it it just becomes FACT thru their actions).  i mean how can 1 be so bitter about something that has absolutely nothing to do with them, that's some bipolar shit foreal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

U should quote that and put it on a shirt and sell it on Hip Hop websites.  That old ass tired excuse from BITTER OLD SKOOL Hip Hop heads suck tha life outta me lol.  I mean it's cool 2 have an opinion but when u compare EVERYTHING to a Gucci Mane or Rick Ross or MOST OF ALL A SOULJA BOY album then u suck (and u literally are just a Hater and there's no objection about it it just becomes FACT thru their actions).  i mean how can 1 be so bitter about something that has absolutely nothing to do with them, that's some bipolar shit foreal.

Since you feel the need to reply it must bother you but unfortunately the rappers mentioned are good examples for mediocre output. You can't change it and I highly doubt that these rappers can. :D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 01:58:59 PM »
son u really stop hating on me now.  at this point all i've seen u do is utter bullshit.  good 4 u and ur opinion but all i do is bring out facts and if some of tha artist i mentioned aren't ur cup of tea then say it but other than that stop buggin out becuz u feel a certain way.  so yes it does bother me that somebody is comin' at me with some hater bullshit rather than keepin it 100 and puttin real live facts out there instead of useless and redundant opinions.  stop bein 1 of those bitter ass kats who still wanna live in some fantasy land where Big Daddy Kane is the best thing to happen to Rap since the drum machine.