Author Topic: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature  (Read 1944 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
It will be good, he knows what he is doing.
:eh: i'm not so sure of that. he changed his mind several times.

dameons

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
He will delay it a couple of months like they all do . I wonder if Cube will make it on ?

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
That would be cool if ice cube was on it and there was like a mini NWA reunion.. But it seems like Cube and Dre are not on the same page for whatever reason.

MrMooz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »
all those features seem made up by somebody...how in the hell could they know??? Dre said on Big Boy that it will be mostly the old roster  :-X and Jay-Z won't be on it he was only on Under Pressure and it was confirmed a while a go that it wont be on the album

Matty

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
i thought the features had been already been confirmed months ago - everyone and their momma :cow:

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
Dre said on Big Boy that it will be mostly the old roster   :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: 

:-X and Jay-Z won't be on it he was only on Under Pressure and it was confirmed a while a go that it wont be on the album

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 11:38:42 AM »
i dont even think dre knows who will be on detox for sure

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
glad Game's on it 8) wonder if Game and Jay-Z will ever be in the studio together during recording or whatever, could be awkward :laugh:

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
That La Roux album is banging. No complaints there.

Yes! I love their music, didn't even tought they were known in US, good for Dre.

woof

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »
Jay-Z won't be on it he was only on Under Pressure and it was confirmed a while a go that it wont be on the album

no Under Pressure wasn't the only Detox song with Jay-Z

Sir Jinx: I never even heard the “Under Pressure” song. [I would have remembered if I had] because I have a song with [Dr. Dre for Detox] and it involves Jay-Z as well. So when I heard [about a Dr. Dre song featuring Jay-Z] I said, “Oh shit, my song got leaked.” It was not my song. [But], the song that I did with Dre, Jay-Z had something to do with [that one] as well… The song that I got with Dre, it’s amazing. It’s a dope, dope, dope song.   

woof

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
http://twitter.com/skeetonmytwitts/status/4346759589404672

so the la roux track on detox might be a "dre produced" version of this:

at least he tried to license this track for detox at some point.

(it's a rather credible source btw)

I got to admit this remix is very dope  8)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
He's always creative with his features tho: no bullshit.  Like Mary J. on the last album, that was fitting.

Another one I never saw coming was the track with Bilal called "Fast Lane."  That is one of my favourite 2000 era Dre tracks.  Nice nice song.  It will be good, he knows what he is doing.
I never liked that song with mary j for some reason..it still has not grown on me yet..fuck it.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
This album is gonna suck so much.

A cast of label picked, mainstream artists, signing and rapping over beats that Dre didn't make.

Like seriously. I'm actually disappointed.

It would be nice to hear some dope west coast hip-hop beats with dope west coast rappers on them.

In 4 months from now, I'm going to be reading a hiphopdx.com review that looks something like this:

Detox : 3 out of 5 stars.

For years, we were tantalized by rumors of Detox: next level beats, some incorporating orchestral elements, some incorporating new-age electronic elements, and some incorporating elements of old school hip-hop. Many were purported to be breathtaking. The beats were also to be a showcase of the new bag of tricks Dre had in store, and were to be a chance for newcomers like Bishop Lamont, Slim Tha Mobster, and Hayes to showcase their talents. Longtime friends of Dre such as Eminem, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, 50 Cent, and Kurupt were also scheduled to rip the tracks.

Instead, what we got was a pop-rap album, carefully constructed by the label to placate the trends of the moment. Curiously, not a single song on the retail Detox was recorded prior to late-2009, suggesting that the hip-hop version of Detox was scrapped.

Seriously. I don't mean for this to be one of those long winded fantasy posts (even though it already is), but I have a very bad feeling that in 5 months, we are going to talk about what Detox could have been.

I'm gonna log onto allhiphop one day, and its gonna be like exclusively interview with bishop lamont... allhiphop: do u think that the best 13 detox tracks were picked for the album. Bishop: fuck no! the label picked those songs.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 12:22:22 PM »
This album is gonna suck so much.

A cast of label picked, mainstream artists, signing and rapping over beats that Dre didn't make.

Like seriously. I'm actually disappointed.

It would be nice to hear some dope west coast hip-hop beats with dope west coast rappers on them.

In 4 months from now, I'm going to be reading a hiphopdx.com review that looks something like this:

Detox : 3 out of 5 stars.

For years, we were tantalized by rumors of Detox: next level beats, some incorporating orchestral elements, some incorporating new-age electronic elements, and some incorporating elements of old school hip-hop. Many were purported to be breathtaking. The beats were also to be a showcase of the new bag of tricks Dre had in store, and were to be a chance for newcomers like Bishop Lamont, Slim Tha Mobster, and Hayes to showcase their talents. Longtime friends of Dre such as Eminem, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, 50 Cent, and Kurupt were also scheduled to rip the tracks.

Instead, what we got was a pop-rap album, carefully constructed by the label to placate the trends of the moment. Curiously, not a single song on the retail Detox was recorded prior to late-2009, suggesting that the hip-hop version of Detox was scrapped.

Seriously. I don't mean for this to be one of those long winded fantasy posts (even though it already is), but I have a very bad feeling that in 5 months, we are going to talk about what Detox could have been.

I'm gonna log onto allhiphop one day, and its gonna be like exclusively interview with bishop lamont... allhiphop: do u think that the best 13 detox tracks were picked for the album. Bishop: fuck no! the label picked those songs.

Cool blud, we've already got fools on here doing fantasy production credits we don't need fake reviews as well lol

There's still a big chance all your favourite west coast artists will be on it; there just ain't gonna be a major press release about it.

Stan

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »

Mmm....  Possible but I hope your wrong.  Logically you would think the label would have somehow pushed this during the past ten years it was rumored to come out.  
Why would Dre all of a suddenly cave and do this now in 2010?  I don't believe it.  I think Dre has the clout to do what Dre wants, whenever he wants...