Author Topic: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature  (Read 1945 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »
This album is gonna suck so much.

A cast of label picked, mainstream artists, signing and rapping over beats that Dre didn't make.

Like seriously. I'm actually disappointed.

It would be nice to hear some dope west coast hip-hop beats with dope west coast rappers on them.

In 4 months from now, I'm going to be reading a hiphopdx.com review that looks something like this:

Detox : 3 out of 5 stars.

For years, we were tantalized by rumors of Detox: next level beats, some incorporating orchestral elements, some incorporating new-age electronic elements, and some incorporating elements of old school hip-hop. Many were purported to be breathtaking. The beats were also to be a showcase of the new bag of tricks Dre had in store, and were to be a chance for newcomers like Bishop Lamont, Slim Tha Mobster, and Hayes to showcase their talents. Longtime friends of Dre such as Eminem, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, 50 Cent, and Kurupt were also scheduled to rip the tracks.

Instead, what we got was a pop-rap album, carefully constructed by the label to placate the trends of the moment. Curiously, not a single song on the retail Detox was recorded prior to late-2009, suggesting that the hip-hop version of Detox was scrapped.

Seriously. I don't mean for this to be one of those long winded fantasy posts (even though it already is), but I have a very bad feeling that in 5 months, we are going to talk about what Detox could have been.

I'm gonna log onto allhiphop one day, and its gonna be like exclusively interview with bishop lamont... allhiphop: do u think that the best 13 detox tracks were picked for the album. Bishop: fuck no! the label picked those songs.
Can you actually check the radio interview on Power 106 with Dre? He says "Kush" is nothin like "Detox" would be (altho it will be on the album). But he also said that he will have a lot of people he used to work with and some new cats as well. It got me high for a minute.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 04:31:17 AM »
well dre put sly and kobe on Kush almost for no reason, so i wouldnt worry about him having only big names there

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »
well dre put sly and kobe on Kush almost for no reason, so i wouldnt worry about him having only big names there
i wouldn't say sly was put on there for no reason, he imitates Nate after all.

Mr.West

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2010, 03:37:37 AM »
Dre gettin' his Kanye on?? Cuz 'Ye already did that La Roux track! And both Jay-Z & Beyonce on Detox???

But i can't wait for the album tho!! Cuz i know Dre will drop a classic!!!!!!!! WESTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prof@ssor

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2010, 05:44:02 AM »

that is what YOU think. Sly has been in the studio with Dre for a much longer time than you guys might think, his part of Kush just happens to sounds like Nate, that's all. He's really talented.

dnjp4life

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:13 AM »
All rumours with no credible source.  I'll believe it when Dre says it or when the album lands in my hands.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 06:38:21 AM »

Exactly.. they both did their thing..

and I really hope Kobe will be put on at least 5 other songs.. His hooks are fuckin dope!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 07:20:53 AM »

that is what YOU think. Sly has been in the studio with Dre for a much longer time than you guys might think, his part of Kush just happens to sounds like Nate, that's all. He's really talented.
it's not just the voice, also the style.
you're really ignorant if you think that this is coincidence

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »

you think that Dre hired him as a Nate Dogg imitator?

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »

i'm sure he didn't just sound like Nate Dogg by accident..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

not sure about that, but there's no doubt in my mind, that the idea for Kush was to let Sly imitate Nate's style

shu

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
and Nas Xzibit Slim tha mobster Mary J Blige Bishop Lamont  Ice Cube Kokane 50 cent and maybe Lil Wayne
Dr Dre got 1000 songs for DETOX !!!!!!! that's crazy !!! 8)

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »
This album is gonna suck so much.

A cast of label picked, mainstream artists, signing and rapping over beats that Dre didn't make.

Like seriously. I'm actually disappointed.

It would be nice to hear some dope west coast hip-hop beats with dope west coast rappers on them.

In 4 months from now, I'm going to be reading a hiphopdx.com review that looks something like this:

Detox : 3 out of 5 stars.

For years, we were tantalized by rumors of Detox: next level beats, some incorporating orchestral elements, some incorporating new-age electronic elements, and some incorporating elements of old school hip-hop. Many were purported to be breathtaking. The beats were also to be a showcase of the new bag of tricks Dre had in store, and were to be a chance for newcomers like Bishop Lamont, Slim Tha Mobster, and Hayes to showcase their talents. Longtime friends of Dre such as Eminem, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Warren G, 50 Cent, and Kurupt were also scheduled to rip the tracks.

Instead, what we got was a pop-rap album, carefully constructed by the label to placate the trends of the moment. Curiously, not a single song on the retail Detox was recorded prior to late-2009, suggesting that the hip-hop version of Detox was scrapped.

Seriously. I don't mean for this to be one of those long winded fantasy posts (even though it already is), but I have a very bad feeling that in 5 months, we are going to talk about what Detox could have been.

I'm gonna log onto allhiphop one day, and its gonna be like exclusively interview with bishop lamont... allhiphop: do u think that the best 13 detox tracks were picked for the album. Bishop: fuck no! the label picked those songs.

Cool blud, we've already got fools on here doing fantasy production credits we don't need fake reviews as well lol

There's still a big chance all your favourite west coast artists will be on it; there just ain't gonna be a major press release about it.

lmao @ fantasy production credits, some people need to get off the net and spend time doing something worth while

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2010, 02:02:39 PM »
its just real low singin, some people are confused becouse Nate used it pretty often.. but i may be wrong, since we can only speculate

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 02:40:08 AM »
its just real low singin, some people are confused becouse Nate used it pretty often.. but i may be wrong, since we can only speculate
off course, i'm speculating as well.
but my theory isn't far fetched