Author Topic: Gave Ego Trippin another spin  (Read 273 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Gave Ego Trippin another spin
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
didnt listen to this album for like a year or so.. its not bad actually , some songs are actually good! I like it better now , its on some grown up vibe, me like and its well mixed!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:03:34 PM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Gave Ego Trippin another spin
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
Yeah it's cool but it had 0 replay value for me. I bumped it for a couple weeks and I was done after that. Snoop for me normally has 2-5 bangers I play constant on each album and this one outside of the Press Play I really did not bump it that much.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
Yup press play is a classic!  im also enjoying Waste Of Time , mostly because of Raphael Saadiq, Make It Good  and Cant say Goodbye and how come SD is out wasnt a single , that shit is smoooth!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »
Yup press play is a classic!  im also enjoying Waste Of Time , mostly because of Raphael Saadiq, Make It Good  and Cant say Goodbye and how come SD is out wasnt a single , that shit is smoooth!

I am gonna have to find this album and bump it again but yeah it did have some smooth cuts.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
didnt listen to this album for like a year or so.. its not bad actually , some songs are actually good! I like it better now , its on some grown up vibe, me like and its well mixed!

Quik mixed the whole album pretty much 8)

and Press Play is indeed amazing, it's a shame Q didn't produce more of this album instead of just the mixing. The Teddy Riley stuff was crap compared to Press Play. Snoop needs to recruit Quik for more production and he would have the chance to make some great music again.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

Quik mixed the whole album pretty much 8)

and Press Play is indeed amazing, it's a shame Q didn't produce more of this album instead of just the mixing. The Teddy Riley stuff was crap compared to Press Play. Snoop needs to recruit Quik for more production and he would have the chance to make some great music again.

The R&G concept Snoop came up with, if he ever did a album like that again, he HAS to have Quik executive produce it. Those 2 make incredible music together.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:14:17 AM »
 yeah been a good while since i listend to this album, i actually would liekke to give it another listen. Might have to pull it out later.
 If memory serves the album was actually real good about 10 tracks in a row it had a good vibe and feel but then it was just all over the place and the songs just didnt fit toghter at all.
 I did get into the album quite a bit but there were a few songs that were just shit house.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:20:59 AM »
i liked the song with Kurupt, but than.. shit was the worst album ive heard, seriously

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 03:00:39 AM »
yep press play is amazing, its almost good enough to make the album worth the release, every snoop album shows he has potential to be your favorite rapper again, but 90% of it is wack

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 03:10:34 AM »
another topic about the album?  :P