Author Topic: [Revealed] So the full writing credits on Dr. Dre's Kush are...  (Read 2808 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: [Revealed] So the full writing credits on Dr. Dre's Kush are...
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Oh yeah? Not seen a credit for Bishop's involvement. ???

And you won't. Just think "Flasy"  ;)

Flashy wasn't officially released was it?

No. But what Dre did to Bishop on the song is the same with Kush.

So there's a version of Kush with Bishop?

Yes. The track was recorded a couple years ago, I believe.
strange, i thought Kush had a new beat

Nope. Khalil did that beat years ago. Dre mixed it and added his touch a few months ago.

thanks for the info ;)
i guess that explains why i thought that Kush didn't sound like a Dre instrumental.

you obviously know the difference between the original beat and the retail version, but it would be interesting for others to know how much different Dre's input sounds on Kush ;D

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
^^You can definitely hear Khalil's influence on the track. I bet Dre added harder claps and the piano loop.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
....so Khalil basicaly did the beat, but Dre produced it

Will_B

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
So you heard Kush a couple years ago? ??? ??? ???

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
i wana hear bishop's version!

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
that's some sick infos rebel....damn i would have loved to have bishop on a detox single. It looked like it was the possible 3 years ago.

The D.O.C and

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
whats so hard about that concept for people to grasp, most if not all great music producers always have a studio full of great musicians to use or control at their musical expense to compose their talents in the way that creates what an Artist like Dr. Dre has in his mind, he doesn't always have to be twisting knobs himself to make what he hears in his head or to have the ideas that are sparked from somebody elses creation to have Dre help make it the best that it can possibly be... that's what PRODUCERS do, they're not always 100% technical either. therefore I don't think Dre needs to physically contribute written music on his tracks for me to appreciate them, i know that the beats he composes are what he wants & feels are the best representation for reel Hip-Hop headz to get in-to! although with that said i also wished Dre wasn't so insecure with music he actually wrote himself solo w/ NO extra help from any other beat-makers & or key-board players, that's some shit I'm sure we'd all like to hear. 8)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:09:18 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Muhfukka

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2010, 12:11:49 PM »
whats so hard about that concept for people to grasp, most if not all great music producers always have a studio full of great musicians to use or control at their musical expense to compose their talents in the way that creates what an Artist like Dr. Dre has in his mind, he doesn't always have to be twisting knobs himself to make what he hears in his head or to have the ideas that are sparked from somebody elses creation to have Dre help make it the best that it can possibly be... that's what PRODUCERS do, they're not always 100% technical either. therefore I don't think Dre needs to physically contribute written music on his tracks for me to appreciate them, i know that the beats he composes are what he wants & feels are the best representation for reel Hip-Hop headz to get in-to! although with that said i also wished Dre wasn't so insecure with music he actually wrote himself solo w/ NO extra help from any other beat-makers & or key-board players, that's some shit I'm sure we'd all like to hear. 8)
:camp: :camp:

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
Let me clarify. Bishop's writing for Dre and Snoop was over another beat. Kush wasn't meant for Detox, initially.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
Let me clarify. Bishop's writing for Dre and Snoop was over another beat. Kush wasn't meant for Detox, initially.

Oh wait so they took the beat from one Bishop track and added some ghostwritten Bishop verses from another track on to it?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2010, 12:32:49 PM »
Pretty much.

Will_B

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »
Well they can't have used Bishops final lyrics - why would he not get a credit? He wouldn't have ghost written for one of Dre's other many writers! :laugh:

Portugoal

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:14 PM »
Well they can't have used Bishops final lyrics - why would he not get a credit? He wouldn't have ghost written for one of Dre's other many writers! :laugh:

Who cares? Bishop Lamont's a bitch anyway.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »
A lot was rewritten over time, O.G. Bishop's content was actually anti-kush, haha.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »

What was Kush meant for originally? The Reformation?

I'd have liked to have seen the Bishop track 'Translator' with Dre's mixing and final touch on... that track was hard as fuck, and it'd be even harder with huge Dre claps and big mix