Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - Mecha God Spill! Mixtape (Link)  (Read 5127 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Re: Bishop Lamont - Mecha God Spill! Mixtape (Link)
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
how sad.

so Dre really wanted to release Bishop's album after Detox?

Absolutely! Bishop was not like other artists signed. He was planned to be Dre's right hand man. Like Aftermath's "Batman & Robin" for the DETOX era. Just like Snoop in the Chronic era and Eminem in the 2001 era.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
Props on all the info Rebel 8)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
1. Mecha-God Spilla Intro
2. Sadatay (Produced By Diverse)
3. Blow Yo Mind (More) feat. Xzibit, Crooked I, Jelly Roll (Produced By Scoop Deville)
4. That Feelin' feat. KES (Produced By Dicey Ent.)
5. Nothing Could Be Better (feat. Suga Free, Butch Cassidy) (Produced By Battle Cat)
6. I'm Faded feat. Nate Dogg (Produced By Warren G)
7. Flashy (Produced By Dr. Dre)
8. Freak Freak Ya'll feat. Nikki Grier  (Produced By Dr.Dre)
9. Unbreakable feat. Godfather J, Mike Anthony 9. Unbreakable (Produced By Focus)
10. I'm A Rider feat. Chevy Jones (Produced By Siege)
11. Where Do We Go feat. Mike Anthony  (Produced By Thx)
12. What Goes Around feat. Warren G, Focus, T-Lee, Mike Anthony (Produced By Focus)
13. Alright (Produced By Drama Beats)
14. Let That Thang Go feat. Balance (Produced By Big Tank)
15. Money Over Everything feat. Paul Wall (Produced By Siege)
16. Born Alone  (Produced By Dready Beats)
17. Iron Man (Produced By Dicey Ent.)
18. I Can Do It Too (Produced By King Karnov)
19. What's Up Wit U feat. Turie The Vocalist, Mike Anthony (Produced By Battle Cat)
20. I Wonder (Produced By Warren Campbell)
21. Pass That Shit feat. Black Kent
22. Dirty Girl Pt.2 feat. Ryu, Bobby Light (Produced By Drama Beats and C4)
23. I'm Watching (Produced By Jake One)
24. U Better Back, Back feat. Warren G (Produced By Dr. Dre)
25. U Scared (Produced By Thx)
26. Gone feat. John Mayer (Produced By Drama Beats)
27. American Dream (Produced By Focus)

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=258521.0

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »
how sad.

Absolutely! Bishop was not like other artists signed. He was planned to be Dre's right hand man. Like Aftermath's "Batman & Robin" for the DETOX era. Just like Snoop in the Chronic era and Eminem in the 2001 era.
thanks for the answers.

yeah it's funny because the outside view on the situation looked different. not that i've ever had the impression that Dre didn't believe in Bishop as an artist anymore.
it's just that there was a lot of silence so the outsiders could only speculate

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »
how sad.

thanks for the answers.

yeah it's funny because the outside view on the situation looked different. not that i've ever had the impression that Dre didn't believe in Bishop as an artist anymore.

Oh yeah they're super silent about the situation. Even radio stations or other interviewers are told not to ask about it, lol. Bishop's departure from Aftermath was a huge blow to Dre/Aftermath on many levels.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
how sad.

thanks for the answers.

Oh yeah they're super silent about the situation. Even radio stations or other interviewers are told not to ask about it, lol. Bishop's departure from Aftermath was a huge blow to Dre/Aftermath on many levels.

If that's the case, why didn't they make more of an effort to keep him on the label? Unless they did and we don't know about it.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
Dre tried REALLY hard to keep him. Jimmy didn't want to spend money on him 'cause he didn't gangsta rap like 50. Other things to...

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
Dre tried REALLY hard to keep him. Jimmy didn't want to spend money on him 'cause he didn't gangsta rap like 50. Other things to...
fuck jimmy iovine. and Dre should have more power than jimmy...

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:50 PM »
I know, right? If Jimmy was the emporer than Dre would be Vader. And Bishop would be like Luke, lol.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »
surely if Dre wanted bishop lamont so bad he could of had him?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »
Exactly. Rebel is a cool dude and all but it's hard not to question his objectivity when it comes to things about Bishop. During the past few months it became quite obvious that he's connected to Bishop, maybe even in his PR team, similar to what Lunatic is to Knoc.

So I think he's overreacting when he's saying that Bishop was some super crazy protege from Dre. If that was the case he'd have the Em and 50 treatment. To me it looks like Bishop was one the thousand artists Dre signs, they do some (ghost) writing, in the process he finds out they don't have what it takes and it's on to the next one. I think in the whole time Bishop was on Aftermath Dre mentioned his name twice; on Power 106 when he got signed (similar to Kendrick Lamar now) and in that Youtube clip. Same shit is happening or will happen to Slim The Mobster and Hayes, with the exception that they mind end up being on Detox, especially Slim (Dre seems excited about him).

So basically, no hard feelings Rebel, I just take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Matty

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
well two distinct possibilities arise - either bishop was never 'that dude' or dre is completely subservient to iovine's wishes. given the fact that bishop is actually leaking material and an entirely dre produced cd came out very swiftly when they wanted it too (relapse) i'm leaning toward the second option. doesn't instantly mean bishop was 'that dude', but he certainly worked on a ton of shit there. either way it's less music output = sucks. not even gonna comment on 'kush'.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
It's all cool, Meho. I just pass along the info I get.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2010, 02:58:44 AM »
Exactly. Rebel is a cool dude and all but it's hard not to question his objectivity when it comes to things about Bishop. During the past few months it became quite obvious that he's connected to Bishop, maybe even in his PR team, similar to what Lunatic is to Knoc.

So I think he's overreacting when he's saying that Bishop was some super crazy protege from Dre. If that was the case he'd have the Em and 50 treatment. To me it looks like Bishop was one the thousand artists Dre signs, they do some (ghost) writing, in the process he finds out they don't have what it takes and it's on to the next one. I think in the whole time Bishop was on Aftermath Dre mentioned his name twice; on Power 106 when he got signed (similar to Kendrick Lamar now) and in that Youtube clip. Same shit is happening or will happen to Slim The Mobster and Hayes, with the exception that they mind end up being on Detox, especially Slim (Dre seems excited about him).

So basically, no hard feelings Rebel, I just take everything you say with a grain of salt.
hittman never got the Em & 50 treatment either.

terence chill

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2010, 04:07:59 AM »
I'm trying to get full songs. Stay tuned...

great news!can't wait