Author Topic: Wack Dre tracks on classic albums  (Read 1317 times)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wack Dre tracks on classic albums
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
I got your point on the early stuff but i guess i just give Dre a pass on the JJ Fad shit and even some of the early NWA shit. Just my opinion but it is after NWA that I think Dre moved into another level as a producer. I'm not changing the subject but when Death Row was established, I think Dre just moved into another zone..Having said that, you have a point about the early Dre work.

Word, he definitely did get more perfectionist as he went into the Death Row stuff, true

For me, I was disappointed with Kush not because it's a bad track, but because it's just "ok",
but then thinking about it, in my opinion he's always had a few just ok tracks on albums, and the albums have still come out amazing despite those tracks

Like if Detox has maybe even just 3-4 next level, absolutely mind blowing tracks, then it could be a classic, like how Straight Outta Compton has weaker tracks, but is still a classic

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »
we're probably a minority, but i don't like the instrumental either

Yeah, I mean it's still a classic track on its own, because of the line-up and everything, but it somehow doesn't seem to fit with the others... it feels like maybe a track they did early on, but kept it on the album because it still works because of the vocals

Mietek23

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 02:46:03 PM »
LOL @ Stranded On Death Row being a wack track :laugh:

GTFOH - that was the best cut on The Chronic 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
we're probably a minority, but i don't like the instrumental either

Yeah, I mean it's still a classic track on its own, because of the line-up and everything, but it somehow doesn't seem to fit with the others... it feels like maybe a track they did early on, but kept it on the album because it still works because of the vocals
it should have stranded in the vault.

replaced with Mr.Officer

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »
i'm surprised you dislike Something 2 Dance 2 so much, i love that track tbh

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
The chronic was a classic album and a wack album at the same time...i think this dudes take on it is right

same for all the other songs he mentioned.........can't disagree wtih him on nothing.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
The Chronic a classic album and wack album at the same time.....Wow...I guess it's just my opinion that this is not possible. I mean, even if you don't feel it was really a classic, no way it is wack just because u may not like a few joints on it. Besides, to me, a classic album changes the game and both Chronic albums did just that...A wack album?? Wow.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
lol  some of the joints mentioned in this thread....ohh boy

oh and big egos...def a classic joint, hittmans highlight on the album...akrite wasnt all that

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »
Damn Lightspeed is my shit for real, every track you mentioned is likely to resonate with a bunch of different fans for a different reason. These albums were all global game changers, there are tracks on some of the albums which I can see as not being up to the standard of the rest, but to call them wack? You're reaching son

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
Really, I don't think any track on The Chronic can even come close to being in any way wack. Some are better than others, but no track is under an 8.5/10 if you wanna get into it. And only a few tracks I would say are that low.

2001 on the other hand, that had a few that IMO didn't have to be there (which is why a lot of people think it didn't/still doesn't hold up to the first Chronic). Like Ackrite or Let's Get High , and maybe 1 or 2 others. I don't know how anybody can have a problem with Bitch Niggaz though, that track was one of the better ones to me, along with a few more that the dude listed.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »
Something 2 Dance To - I agree. I also agree with you on "Rat-a-tat-tat" and "Nigga With a Gun" - I used to skip those too.

But "Stranded on Death Row", "Big Egos", "Bitch Niggas"? Wtf man?!

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BIGWORM

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »
LOL.... this site is going to the TARDS....

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 11:27:44 PM »
This is a classic example of the many dudes on the net who have no feeling for what a good album is, and how it flows as a complete piece of work. So many people are writing "wack...filler...skipable...trash" bout tracks on artists albums. If you think an album is say 40% skipable then give up listening to the artist. Better yet, go back to the drawing board and re learn how to appreciate music.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »
dont get it.
so every album in musichistory/in the world is great, or are u just permanently on "happy-pills".. ?
 ;D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:52:00 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »
BIg egos????? lol da,m track was dope
Bitch niggaz, common man