Author Topic: Wack Dre tracks on classic albums  (Read 1322 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Wack Dre tracks on classic albums
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 01:08:39 AM »
This is a classic example of the many dudes on the net who have no feeling for what a good album is, and how it flows as a complete piece of work. So many people are writing "wack...filler...skipable...trash" bout tracks on artists albums. If you think an album is say 40% skipable then give up listening to the artist. Better yet, go back to the drawing board and re learn how to appreciate music.
you can't tell others how to appreciate music as taste is personal

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »
Oh I'm sorry. Yeah you're right. Those tracks on The Chronic were wack ::)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 02:55:24 AM »
Oh I'm sorry. Yeah you're right. Those tracks on The Chronic were wack ::)
why do you feel offended?
he says he doesn't like certain songs, you obviously disagree.
that's cool, but no need to get offended

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:51 AM »
I didn't say anything on the Chronic was out and out "wack" ...I think there were tracks which weren't as good as others, which everyone seems to pretty much agree with

2001 is known for lots of filler... though obviously opinion varies a bit as to which are the most filler tracks... "Let's Get High" is definitely borderline wack though, lol

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »
So what does a filler track mean to you?

Lucifuge

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 05:46:37 AM »
Let's get high wack? what a bad taste in music.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2010, 06:22:17 AM »
2001 imo is a perfect album. a true classic.

I love every single song on that album.

and I certainly dont think any of them deserves the title of ''filler''

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 07:42:27 AM »
I was never aware that everybody agree'd that "2001" had alot of Filler on it.  I mean I knew I preferred some songs over others but it wazn't like I never had tha others in rotation.  IDK, to each they own though, outside of this forum I never knew people had that impression on it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
Hahah automatic thread fail for bringing up The Chronic and 2001. I was under the impression those albums were loved because of their consistency.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »
LOL @this thread. the chronic , straight outta compton, etc. were ahead of their time. dre's shit got weak fuckin around wit em & 50. y'all really think 'in da club' was classic ? lmfao.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
Hahah automatic thread fail for bringing up The Chronic and 2001. I was under the impression those albums were loved because of their consistency.

Hahah automatic comment fail for not knowing that 2001 was criticized in many reviews for being overly long (Master P albums around that time started that trend of filling the entire CD with as many tracks as would fit) and so having a bunch of filler tracks

So what does a filler track mean to you?

Well in the case of 2001, it's the tracks that weren't as strong as some of the others, that were put on there to get it to 23 tracks and so fill the CD, because that's what artists were doing at the time, to give people more songs... that's why a lot of albums out at that time got criticized for having filler.

Normally you can tell filler because if you cut out those tracks, it makes the album stronger. Loads of classics have filler because the strong songs are good enough to still make the album considered classic, eg. Great Adventures of Slick Rick, Paid in Full, Saturday Night, etc.

With the Chronic it's tough because there aren't many tracks on it and even the less-good ones are still dope (especially compared to anything today), though if you're going to pick filler, you could probably take off Rat-a-tat-tat and A Nigga Witta Gun and the album would still be as good, if not even tighter.

You could definitely get rid of Something 2 Dance 2 and the Straight Outta Compton would still be classic.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:57:48 AM by UCC »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »

Hahah automatic comment fail for not knowing that 2001 was criticized in many reviews for being overly long (Master P albums around that time started that trend of filling the entire CD with as many tracks as would fit) and so having a bunch of filler tracks

No actually it wasn't. If anything it was criticized in some reviews for the lyrical content. Thread fail since no one agrees with you. You may have had a point if you had stuck to Dre's earliest work.

Also I disagree with your idea of what filler is. Every album has some songs that are stronger than others. That's the whole point of singles. Good songs are not fillers. Fillers are songs that you could do without listening to. But a lot of the songs you mentioned are songs that are loved by people. You apparently dislike some Dre songs that are classic to the rest of us.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:30:18 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »
 Well you kind of walked into a minefield with the thread-title alone.  lol  But I will agree with you on "Something 2 Dance 2."  I always hated that track.  I thought it was kind of funny when Priority Records released that "Straight Outta Compton" tribute album several years back, that no one even covered that song.  They probably couldn't find anyone that wanted to.

Paul

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 10:50:06 AM »
One of the worst threads i have seen. I understand u not liking a track but calling it wack is ludicrous.

funkyfreshintheflesh

Paul

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
The chronic was a classic album and a wack album at the same time...i think this dudes take on it is right

same for all the other songs he mentioned.........can't disagree wtih him on nothing.

WTF are you
funkyfreshintheflesh