Author Topic: Funkmaster Flex Responds To His 2Pac Rant  (Read 667 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Funkmaster Flex Responds To His 2Pac Rant
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »
Me Against The World went double platinum 2 months before All Eyez On Me even came out.
if what you say is true it was only because of his signing to death row at the time. otherwise i think it went double after all eyez. pull it up .

Artist
2 PAC   Title
ME AGAINST THE WORLD   Certification Date
12/06/1995   Label
INTERSCOPE
Award Description
2.00x MULTI PLATINUM   Format
ALBUM   Category
SOLO   Type
ST

www.riaa.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »
Me Against The World went double platinum 2 months before All Eyez On Me even came out.
if what you say is true it was only because of his signing to death row at the time. otherwise i think it went double after all eyez. pull it up .

Artist
2 PAC   Title
12/06/1995   Label
INTERSCOPE
Award Description
ALBUM   Category
SOLO   Type
ST

www.riaa.com
only after he signed to death row records.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 07:15:52 PM »

Artist
2 PAC   Title
12/06/1995   Label
INTERSCOPE
Award Description
ALBUM   Category
SOLO   Type
ST

www.riaa.com

It sped up the process yes. But Pac had enough buzz going on at that time to go multi even if he would not have signed with Death Row.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »

Artist
2 PAC   Title
12/06/1995   Label
INTERSCOPE
Award Description
ALBUM   Category
SOLO   Type
ST

www.riaa.com
[/quote

It sped up the process yes. But Pac had enough buzz going on at that time to go multi even if he would not have signed with Death Row.
possible. but if he had died before signed to the row no one would care
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

Artist
2 PAC   Title
12/06/1995   Label
INTERSCOPE
Award Description
ALBUM   Category
SOLO   Type
ST

www.riaa.com
[/quote

possible. but if he had died before signed to the row no one would care

Not true. Granted he was not quite the megastar at that time, but Pac was far from being a underground artist either.

BIGWORM

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »
Fuck Flex He Didn't Have Balls When Pac Was Alive. WOW over 14 years for him to grow balls. FUCK FLEX

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
pac been mutiplt...against the world sold 4mill....pac really did not need death row..this was only to get out of jail....pac did not need dr.dre either..he was the dre with his vocals.pac made any beat come to light...ask the makavili producers.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »
Fuck Flex He Didn't Have Balls When Pac Was Alive. WOW over 14 years for him to grow balls. FUCK FLEX

true

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
Pac was well-known before MATW if for no other reason than his acting roles, specifically Juice and Poetic Justice (which were pre-Death Row Pac movies). He was praised for those roles by Hollywood journalists who felt he might have a bright future as a thespian. Remember the controversy between Pac and the Hughes Bros. over the Menace II Society role? He caught headlines for publicly threatening the Hughes Bros. when he was a guest host on Yo! MTV Raps. All these events transpired before Death Row and MATW. Therefore his hype was already taking hold at this point.

However I'd say Pac's "celebrity" was elevated to another level the moment he was accused of rape. I'd argue that Pac's incarceration was the reason why MATW sold so well since he was in jail when it was released. I recall the headlines he was making during that period of time from his court case all the way up to his incarceration. He was getting a whole lot of face time well before Death Row came calling.

soulja85

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 02:18:41 AM »
Flex talking shit and saying pack brought negitive energy to the game by dissing.....so what is flex doing? Bring negitive energy by dissing a dead man, he's an idiot. Diss a dead man because pac had a beef all those years ago.

He must of wanted to make sure pac was really dead and not in hiding before dissing him  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
In watching the video tape and listening to his comments there is one thing that sticks out. Tone.

Flex's tone in his voice was really one of damn near hatred and most definitely anger before telling the DJ to throw some Biggie on. So your tone in many cases dictates the reaction you get.

When he did the radio response, he was much calmer and subdued. Almost sounded like someone sonned him before coming on air. When he explained his reasons it was with restraint and reason. Reasonably did 2pac piss alot of people off? Hell yeah and I am sure some of it was warranted. At times yes he did go overboard.

The funny thing about all this is, Flex probably thought hey I am gonna match that same intensity that Pac used to have. Many rappers did it after Pac but the key word is AFTER Pac died. Moral of the story, it is not what you say, it is how you say it. If Flex explained himself like he did in the interview, no problems, but he got caught up in the heat of the moment and being very heated said it differently. So now Flex is dealing with heat in the moment responses, take it like a G, if you are one Flex. Can't fight fire with fire.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »
Many rappers did it after Pac but the key word is AFTER Pac died.

ever heard of Onyx?
2pac was a flower in comparison to guys like Sticky Fingaz

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
Many rappers did it after Pac but the key word is AFTER Pac died.

ever heard of Onyx?
2pac was a flower in comparison to guys like Sticky Fingaz

I am not talking about musically. I am strictly talking about beef. A few rappers stood up to Pac toe to toe beefing with him and many did it quietly on some slick shit or after he died.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
not talkn bout musicaly either.
Sticky was the fist rapper wit the aggressive energy-level.
pac came later, and copied some of the characteristics (bald head, stuff like that)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
not talkn bout musicaly either.
Sticky was the fist rapper wit the aggressive energy-level.
pac came later, and copied some of the characteristics (bald head, stuff like that)

Your missing my point. From a musical sense yes Onyx did do those traits first. I am only talking about the beefs Pac had with other artists or as the media likes to say, the entire east coast lol.