Author Topic: Funkmaster Flex Responds To His 2Pac Rant  (Read 670 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Funkmaster Flex Responds To His 2Pac Rant
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »
Pac was well-known before MATW if for no other reason than his acting roles, specifically Juice and Poetic Justice (which were pre-Death Row Pac movies). He was praised for those roles by Hollywood journalists who felt he might have a bright future as a thespian. Remember the controversy between Pac and the Hughes Bros. over the Menace II Society role? He caught headlines for publicly threatening the Hughes Bros. when he was a guest host on Yo! MTV Raps. All these events transpired before Death Row and MATW. Therefore his hype was already taking hold at this point.

However I'd say Pac's "celebrity" was elevated to another level the moment he was accused of rape. I'd argue that Pac's incarceration was the reason why MATW sold so well since he was in jail when it was released. I recall the headlines he was making during that period of time from his court case all the way up to his incarceration. He was getting a whole lot of face time well before Death Row came calling.
true. he was well known before he came to death row but when his first album came out what did it sell ? what did the second one sell ? he did good numbers before joining suge but all eyez on me sold more than any of those. in reality at the time he just sold 5-6 mill wit all eyez... a single disc would have been 2-3 million. so any high numbers his previous albums sold it was because of 1. his death and 2. his affiliation to death row records. pull up the sales from his first three albums and check the sales from 91-95 and go from there.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
i sincerely hope this fat piece of shyt sufffers a heart attack ;) ....it shoulda been this homo instead of nate dogg
that's just wrong. LOL.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 11:39:14 AM »
didn't diss pac at all. in fact pac was the hater. how the fuck he diss the man ( dr. dre) who started the label that literally saved (and took) his life ? dre made death row the same label that MADE y'all pay attention to that paranoid fuck.

Umm actually Me Against The World sold like 4 million so people was paying attention to him before he signed. But yeah it did make him a superstar.

He explained his issues with Dre and addressed him in typical 2pac fashion, right or wrong.
it's funny you say 4 million. i googled it and guess what.............. me against the world was his first number one album.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
Pac was well-known before MATW if for no other reason than his acting roles, specifically Juice and Poetic Justice (which were pre-Death Row Pac movies). He was praised for those roles by Hollywood journalists who felt he might have a bright future as a thespian. Remember the controversy between Pac and the Hughes Bros. over the Menace II Society role? He caught headlines for publicly threatening the Hughes Bros. when he was a guest host on Yo! MTV Raps. All these events transpired before Death Row and MATW. Therefore his hype was already taking hold at this point.

However I'd say Pac's "celebrity" was elevated to another level the moment he was accused of rape. I'd argue that Pac's incarceration was the reason why MATW sold so well since he was in jail when it was released. I recall the headlines he was making during that period of time from his court case all the way up to his incarceration. He was getting a whole lot of face time well before Death Row came calling.
true. he was well known before he came to death row but when his first album came out what did it sell ? what did the second one sell ? he did good numbers before joining suge but all eyez on me sold more than any of those. in reality at the time he just sold 5-6 mill wit all eyez... a single disc would have been 2-3 million. so any high numbers his previous albums sold it was because of 1. his death and 2. his affiliation to death row records. pull up the sales from his first three albums and check the sales from 91-95 and go from there.

I see your point, but I'm not arguing from an album sales point of view. Holistically speaking, Pac's name was already out there way before Death Row came into the picture. His celebrity had already taken hold prior to signing with Death Row. What Suge did was capitalize on Pac's previous controversies and created more of it after he signed with Death Row, thanks to the whole East vs. West/Death Row vs. Bad Boy fiasco.

Again, not talking about album sales, but celebrity status. Pac's celebrity status preceded his platinum albums. His platinum success elevated his celebrity status thanks to all the controversies he was involved with pre-MATW and post-Death Row.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:40:05 PM by pootypooty »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
not talkn bout musicaly either.
Sticky was the fist rapper wit the aggressive energy-level.
pac came later, and copied some of the characteristics (bald head, stuff like that)

Your missing my point. From a musical sense yes Onyx did do those traits first. I am only talking about the beefs Pac had with other artists or as the media likes to say, the entire east coast lol.

um....Cube?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
pac came later, and copied some of the characteristics (bald head, stuff like that)

Your missing my point. From a musical sense yes Onyx did do those traits first. I am only talking about the beefs Pac had with other artists or as the media likes to say, the entire east coast lol.

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
didn't diss pac at all. in fact pac was the hater. how the fuck he diss the man ( dr. dre) who started the label that literally saved (and took) his life ? dre made death row the same label that MADE y'all pay attention to that paranoid fuck.

Umm actually Me Against The World sold like 4 million so people was paying attention to him before he signed. But yeah it did make him a superstar.

He explained his issues with Dre and addressed him in typical 2pac fashion, right or wrong.
it's funny you say 4 million. i googled it and guess what.............. me against the world was his first number one album.
;)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

Aggressive energy? Beef? He predates both those rappers.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

Again, I am only speaking on the beef Pac had with other rappers. Never said anywhere in this convo that he was the originator of that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

Again, I am only speaking on the beef Pac had with other rappers. Never said anywhere in this convo that he was the originator of that.

I'm confused then. What exactly are you saying?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

Read my comment at the top of the page. I was saying Flex was trying to make a statement at that concert with his tone. It is obvious Pac's actions got him heated over time and they came out. When Pac was having all these problems with rappers, most tucked they tail and ran or talked slick later. In some cases after Pac died did some voice their opinions about him.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

Read my comment at the top of the page. I was saying Flex was trying to make a statement at that concert with his tone. It is obvious Pac's actions got him heated over time and they came out. When Pac was having all these problems with rappers, most tucked they tail and ran or talked slick later. In some cases after Pac died did some voice their opinions about him.
they weren't scared of him he was pussy. they didn't respond because they seen right through that shit pac was doing. his life was fucked up & suge was jerking him. i'd diss niggas too. jigga coulda did the same shit to pac on summer jam screen(if he'd stayed alive long enough) that he did to prodigy. pac was jealous of the east. what other reason would you have to diss the fugees, jay z , nas, LL cool j, biggie, etc.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

um....Cube?
wow

What about Cube?

Homie u missing all kinds of points...he is talking about his beefs..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

um....Cube?

What about Cube?

they weren't scared of him he was pussy. they didn't respond because they seen right through that shit pac was doing. his life was fucked up & suge was jerking him. i'd diss niggas too. jigga coulda did the same shit to pac on summer jam screen(if he'd stayed alive long enough) that he did to prodigy. pac was jealous of the east. what other reason would you have to diss the fugees, jay z , nas, LL cool j, biggie, etc.

Could be. Nas & Jay definitely were saying slick shit about Pac. Fugees not so much that I know of.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
lmao @ pac being jealous of the east when he was bigger than all of them in '95/96
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens