Author Topic: Wu-Tang Clan & D-Block Meet For An Album  (Read 288 times)

Elano

Wu-Tang Clan & D-Block Meet For An Album
« on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
The Wu-Tang Clan and D-Block crews have collaborated a lot over the years, most recently with Sheek appearing on "Youngstown Heist" on the Wu-Massacre album and Jadakiss and Styles P assisting Raekwon on "Broken Safety" on Only Built For Cuban Linx II.

Now it looks as though a member from each camp will represent for Wu/Block. Sheek Louch announced on Twitter Friday, November 19 that he and Ghostface would be making an album together.

It appears the album has already been worked on, considering Sheek says we'll have in early 2011. Before they're collaborating, they'll be competing. Both Sheek and Ghost have albums dropping on December 14 on Def Jam. Sheek will release Donnie Gorilla and Ghost is bringing his ninth solo LP Apollo Kids (which will feature Sheek).

SHEEK/GHOST FACE. Presents WU/BLOCK the album comming TOP of the year...GET READY!!!

doggfather

Re: Wu-Tang Clan & D-Block Meet For An Album
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:22:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Fraxxx

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:12 AM »
Shit, who else thought they would do a whole group collabo album?

That's cold, Elano... ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Elano

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:10 AM »

???

I just waitn (...) to hear this, before sayin good or bad news is this.  ;)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jome

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:11 AM »
Wu-Block!
D-Tang Clan!

Would be more interested if it was Rae/Meth/Ghost and Styles/Jada.
Sheek's been more occupied with screaming "Doooonniiiee!" in a retarded voice since signing to Def Jam.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »

Yup!....Agree'd On That!!

Invincible

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »
Wu-Block!
D-Tang Clan!

Sheek's been more occupied with screaming "Doooonniiiee!" in a retarded voice since signing to Def Jam.

I guess it's easier as they are both on the same label. But they could of done a Jada and Meth. Not sure if that would be to good though, their styles would clash I think.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:44:59 AM »
will believe this is dropping when it will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 07:03:00 AM »
Wu-Block!
D-Tang Clan!

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »
wu block no d tang clan lol

Elano

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:30 AM »
Just a few days after Sheek Louch took to his Twitter account to reveal that he's teaming up with Ghostface to record a collaborative album under the name Wu-Block, the LOX rapper spoke with VIBE.com to confirm that the pair is, in fact, planning on recording and releasing a full-length LP in 2011.

"Me and Ghost were just on tour together for about two months," says Sheek, who is getting ready to release his first Def Jam solo album, Donnie G: Don Gorilla, on Dec. 14. "So every night, we were writing and eventually the idea to do a project together came about organically. The plan is for me and Ghost to front it and to include certain cats from Wu-Tang and D-Block on some songs so that's it's a true Wu-Tang/D-Block album. I already told Raekwon, Styles P and Jadakiss that I'm going to need them on some joints. Cappadonna and Trife [Da God] are down. And we're going to get some RZA tracks, too. It's gonna be dope."

On Sunday, the pair gave us a taste of what we should expect from their newfound partnership when "The Eulogy"—a song that Sheek and Ghost recorded with rappers Diego Cash and Bully at Carmelo Anthony's home studio in Denver earlier this month—surfaced on 'Melo's new mixtape, Become Legendary. But Sheek promises that that's just the first collaboration between the two that you'll hear in the coming months.

"We don't have many songs done yet," Sheek says, "because we've been working hard on our solo projects. But while we were on tour, we were listening to a lot of beats and writing a lot of stuff together, so you'll start hearing some joints from us soon."

And lest you think this is just another rap fantasy project that'll never see the light of day—like Ghost's long-rumored album with MF Doom, Lil Wayne and Juelz Santana's I Can't Feel My Face LP, or the fabled Nas/DJ Premier project—Sheek is quick to point out that once his solo album and Ghostface's new project, The Apollo Kids, are released, Wu-Block will become a priority for both of them.

"Trust me, we're getting this done," says Sheek, who also pointed out that they haven't presented the idea to their label Def Jam or any other label yet. "We're going to start sending each other tracks and laying down verses. I'm gonna go out to Staten Island and record. Real talk: We're getting this album done. Next year, you're going to hear this Wu-Block project."

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »
cant say im very excited for this...another "woulda been dope 10 years ago" idea like the Quk and Kurupt cd
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
cant say im very excited for this...another "woulda been dope 10 years ago" idea like the Quk and Kurupt cd

Speak on it