Author Topic: Quincy Jones put Kanye West in his place  (Read 1019 times)

Portugoal

Re: Quincy Jones put Kanye West in his place
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 07:06:18 AM »
didnt put kanye in his place..put the interviewer in his place

he put kanye in his place, because kanye thinks to be more than just a producer/rapper....

your mother has HIV :D

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 12:59:47 PM »

That's a good point.  And I think it's important that people note that distinction.  It seems to me that Jones wasn't going out of his way to insult Kanye West so much as he was telling the interviewer that he disagreed with the comparison, once prompted by the interviewer's point.

Elano

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

That's a good point.  And I think it's important that people note that distinction.  It seems to me that Jones wasn't going out of his way to insult Kanye West so much as he was telling the interviewer that he disagreed with the comparison, once prompted by the interviewer's point.

It's important ? ::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 01:34:09 PM »
what has quincy jones produced lately that even rivals what kanye has done 01- 2010 ?

LMFAO are you serious ?
this thread should be locked after this post  :-X

what relevant r&b singer has a current quincy jones production ? ok then.

i really don't know how relevant is this unknow guy that goes by the name of Michael Jackson  ::)
oh... wacko jacko ( yeah i said it). the latest shit he's done for michael pales in comparison to an album like thriller.

after my last reply you should stop posting in this thread if you have a little bit of dignity...
your last reply is dog shit on a sidewalk.

ok kid, you are the winner. do you want an ice cream ?

fuck off !
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »
I can't even begin to.... Oh, good lord, is this serious? Are people really gonna bring in the question of current pop music relevance with this? It's like saying Michael Bay can be in the same group as Stanley Kubrick because "what was Stanley's last hit"? Sorry, but you people can't be for real. Like somebody else said, if we're gonna compare Kanye with anyone, start with Dr. Dre. 

oh... wacko jacko ( yeah i said it). the latest shit he's done for michael pales in comparison to an album like thriller.

Well, um, don't know if you know this but just all those post-Jackson 5 Michael songs that literally made him into the biggest pop star in the fucking world where produced by Quincy Jones. Many of them were written by Quincy. 

yeah i know that. i'm talking 2001- now. not sayin kanye is on q's level at all just saying kanye's not just a rapper.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
The people saying he didn't diss Kanye are the ones who are reading the interview properly. He was putting the interviewer in their place clearly. Also to the people asking what Quincy has done lately maybe you need to google the guy because he has just released a collab album with well known artists all over it and even made Snoop sound alright!

JohnnyL

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »

Is it "meaning-of-life-important?  No.  Is it "understanding-the-context-of-Quincy-Jone's-comments" important?  Yes.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
Kanye opened up himself to this... If he would of said HIP HOP producer then YES. So in 2025 if he is still around ( Dr dre been around for 25 years) then he can call himself the best.

Elano

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 11:20:53 PM »

Is it "meaning-of-life-important?  No.  Is it "understanding-the-context-of-Quincy-Jone's-comments" important?  Yes.

If "you" need to understand the context of his comments you are retarded or slow (i'm not talking about you Johnny  ;) )

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 02:00:47 AM »
like i said befor some coward deleted my post...Mr.jones can say what he wants ,when he wants,and how he wants..period....half the samples in hiphop Quincy had something to do with..

Elano

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
like i said befor some coward deleted my post...Mr.jones can say what he wants ,when he wants,and how he wants..period....half the samples in hiphop Quincy had something to do with..

AMEN

Mietek23

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:21 AM »
LOL @ comparing Ganye West to a legend like Quincy Jones :laugh:

snoop

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »
 Sometimes I get the feeling that Kanye's ego is fake, and only an attempt to get more publicity. It is way over the top.

JohnnyL

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »

If "you" need to understand the context of his comments you are retarded or slow (i'm not talking about you Johnny  ;) )

It's all good.  It's just that in my opinion if someone just read Jones's comments, I could see where it would sound a bit arrogant.  But if someone understood that those comments were in response to the interviewer drawing a comparison between Jones and Kanye West, I don't think what he says sounds all that harsh.  Of course I don't know for sure, but I don't think it was Jones's intention to insult Kanye West so much as he was just telling the interviewer that he doesn't see that much of similarity between himself and West. Just my opinion.

teecee

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2010, 01:09:06 PM »
Is Ye on QUincy's level?  Of course not, and not many are.

Having said that, Quincy's response that Kanye is "just a rapper" was some stupid shit.  Kanye has changed the game, influenced it more than anyone else over the last 10 years, and has produced arguable classics for himself and others.   His music, like it or not, transcends hip hop and will stand the test of time.   

I