Author Topic: Top 5 albums of 2010  (Read 1007 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Top 5 albums of 2010
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
lmao so wait, you do or don't want people to critique your list?

He doesn't because he has a biased, shock-value opinion & knows having Rick Ross in his Top 5 albums is absurd lmfao.

you hate Ross more then Hitler and you talking about bias? fuck outta here

I've been steady bumping Aston Martin Music for weeks now. Sure, Drake's verse for it shits on Ross's easily. But it's a good song. Other than that one song though, nothing special. To say it's "Top 5" & then say Eminem's album is a "dishonorable mention" shows you're insane.

You don't have to put "Recovery" in your Top 5, but to make a point that it doesn't deserve to even be a nomination, then say "Rick Ross's album" is ridiculous.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »

He doesn't because he has a biased, shock-value opinion & knows having Rick Ross in his Top 5 albums is absurd lmfao.

I've been steady bumping Aston Martin Music for weeks now. Sure, Drake's verse for it shits on Ross's easily. But it's a good song. Other than that one song though, nothing special. To say it's "Top 5" & then say Eminem's album is a "dishonorable mention" shows you're insane.

You don't have to put "Recovery" in your Top 5, but to make a point that it doesn't deserve to even be a nomination, then say "Rick Ross's album" is ridiculous.

I sincerely think that Ross album is better.

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »

Anunikke

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »
LOLOL. Then all of you follow up by saying this has been a bad year for Hip Hop.

That album was a 3/5, at best. If that's making Top 5 of the year, I guess we just have to hope for a better 2011.

Anunikke

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
LOLOL. Then all of you follow up by saying this has been a bad year for Hip Hop.

That album was a 3/5, at best. If that's making Top 5 of the year, I guess we just have to hope for a better 2011.
Best album that sold a significant amount of copies.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »
BMF was a dope record.  I heard that bump more times out of cars driving by than I did any track off Recovery.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

jeanmiche777

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »

I don't think it's a top 5 album, but a 3.5/5 album, which is way better than how I would rank Eminem album. And I'm a fan.

Rick Ross made a banging, cohesive album with incredbile production and even the guest he picked did a good job on almost every track. Tehre some dirty south cliche fillers on there, which is why it is only a 3.5/5. People need to stop saying that Ross is a bad rapper, it's completely false. His lyrics are sometimes nice and fit with the vibe of the music he's trying to make. I think it's completely stupid to think that one is better than another just because his lyrics are somewhat ''more complicated''. If you think that way, stop listening to rap because the melody is always basic and start listening to some jazz. Eminem can make an album 1092350972 times better than Recovery.

Paul

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
Yeah i agree. Teflon Don >>>> Recovery
funkyfreshintheflesh

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »

I don't think it's a top 5 album, but a 3.5/5 album, which is way better than how I would rank Eminem album. And I'm a fan.

Rick Ross made a banging, cohesive album with incredbile production and even the guest he picked did a good job on almost every track. Tehre some dirty south cliche fillers on there, which is why it is only a 3.5/5. People need to stop saying that Ross is a bad rapper, it's completely false. His lyrics are sometimes nice and fit with the vibe of the music he's trying to make. I think it's completely stupid to think that one is better than another just because his lyrics are somewhat ''more complicated''. If you think that way, stop listening to rap because the melody is always basic and start listening to some jazz. Eminem can make an album 1092350972 times better than Recovery.

On point. Teflon Don > Recovery easily

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
BMF was a dope record.  I heard that bump more times out of cars driving by than I did any track off Recovery.

exactly... I worked all summer in the city, and all day everyday all you can hear was "B.M.F." everywhere... this might be a stretch but that was the biggest rap record this year, at least in the streets

and I agree with most in here, I'd give Teflon Don a 3.75/5 rating simply cuz there's like 2 songs I don't bump from the album and as far as Em's, it lost replay value after a week and even then I still only really liked about half the album, making that only a 3/5

theremedy360

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
I'm not a Ross hater, but his album wasn't close to the top of my list.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
Ross wouldn't make my top 5 or 10 list because I don't really listen to Ross.  I do give respect when it's due and he definitely has earned it.  With that said, Eminem wouldn't make my top 5 or 10 listen either.  I'm just not of Rick Ross vocally or his image he sells.  And, Eminem provided continued hit or miss material - more miss than hit for me. 
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 04:31:32 PM »

Rick Ross made a banging, cohesive album with incredbile production and even the guest he picked did a good job on almost every track.

You're giving Ross credit for what his production team & guest features did for him lol.

Might as well be an instrumental albums lol.

You all misunderstood what I meant too. You can say Ross had a better album than Em, but don't tell me Ross's album is in the Top 5. Don't insult Hip Hop like that lmao.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »
Cham, you seem to be in continued denial that beat selection & guest features must be credited to the MC when ranking an album.  It was a choice made, as far as any of us knows, by the person who is named on the album.  Until there's major statements released Ross has to be credited with choosing his beats and having guest features.
- Banks