Author Topic: Top 5 albums of 2010  (Read 1005 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Top 5 albums of 2010
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
You all misunderstood what I meant too. You can say Ross had a better album than Em, but don't tell me Ross's album is in the Top 5. Don't insult Hip Hop like that lmao.

Isn't Recovery in your top 5?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »
Cham, you seem to be in continued denial that beat selection & guest features must be credited to the MC when ranking an album.  It was a choice made, as far as any of us knows, by the person who is named on the album.  Until there's major statements released Ross has to be credited with choosing his beats and having guest features.

You're given the beats & select them. Beats like Aston Martin Music's & Maybach Music III's are such no-brainers, any rapper would say, "yes, I will be using that one".

Then you tell Drake you want him to do a hook & he comes with an amazing one; then tell him to write a verse & it outshines both of yours by a thousand times over & then you're going to say, "Wow, Rick, you made a great song. Your verses kind of suit the song, but are fairly weak & you got outshined pretty badly. Also, the beat you picked was amazing, although it was handed to you"? I cannot do that.

I'd say he's the like poor man's Game. Game being pretty bad lyrically, still significantly better than Ross; but for the most part, carried by beats.

You all misunderstood what I meant too. You can say Ross had a better album than Em, but don't tell me Ross's album is in the Top 5. Don't insult Hip Hop like that lmao.

It was, then I played it over & over, then came to the conclusion it was pretty poor & was Eminem's worst album. With that being said, I'd still put it far above Ross's album.

Most of the comments I made when the album first came out, were rushed & me being in denial as a pretty large fan of his. But the same flow, the screaming, overall, it was just below average. It had a few keepers.

theremedy360

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
Cham, you seem to be in continued denial that beat selection & guest features must be credited to the MC when ranking an album.  It was a choice made, as far as any of us knows, by the person who is named on the album.  Until there's major statements released Ross has to be credited with choosing his beats and having guest features.

You're given the beats & select them. Beats like Aston Martin Music's & Maybach Music III's are such no-brainers, any rapper would say, "yes, I will be using that one".

Then you tell Drake you want him to do a hook & he comes with an amazing one; then tell him to write a verse & it outshines both of yours by a thousand times over & then you're going to say, "Wow, Rick, you made a great song. Your verses kind of suit the song, but are fairly weak & you got outshined pretty badly. Also, the beat you picked was amazing, although it was handed to you"? I cannot do that.

I'd say he's the like poor man's Game. Game being pretty bad lyrically, still significantly better than Ross; but for the most part, carried by beats.

It was, then I played it over & over, then came to the conclusion it was pretty poor & was Eminem's worst album. With that being said, I'd still put it far above Ross's album.

Most of the comments I made when the album first came out, were rushed & me being in denial as a pretty large fan of his. But the same flow, the screaming, overall, it was just below average. It had a few keepers.

I wasn't big on that album but no way was it worse than Encore (although there were definitely a few quality songs on there).

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »

I wasn't big on that album but no way was it worse than Encore (although there were definitely a few quality songs on there).

I've honestly gone through this a lot. Looking through all his albums & how many good songs are on each.

I think it goes; MMLP > The Eminem Show > SSLP > Encore = Relapse (debatable over personal preference of style) > Recovery.

If he cut like 4-5 songs off of Encore, where he sounds straight up ridiculous (Ass Like That, Just Lose It), I don't know if it would get as much hate. Still clearly worse than everything prior to it, but better than Recovery.

I looked back at Recovery's tracklisting & besides Space Bound & 25 To Life (which I feel are standout), the rest just sounds highly repetitive, add the constant screaming & average production & it's his worst, in my opinion anyway.

Eminem's new style bothers me so much. If you listen to his older shit, he flows amazingly with content & the song flows with a message. Today he just yells random lines & tries to throw in one punchline or use creative wordplay, like a homeless man's Fabolous.

Listen to "All She Wrote", something recent. He's rambling the entire verse about absolutely nothing; then comes in with "If I was hair & you were bleach, I wouldn't dye for ya." Some lame, Wayne-like style, but even Wayne can be entertaining & be interesting for an entire verse.

Eminem use to have songs where you would listen to a verse & be blown away be every word of it, now you listen to a Em verse & he tries to blow you away with one line out of 16 to 32 of them.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 07:18:27 PM »
The bad songs on Encore were REALLY bad lol. Musically it was a dope project though. That was the one album to were the songs were so bad at times I was saying wow he ruined a perfectly dope Dre beat.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 10:45:35 PM »

aston martin music is the whackest song on telfon don. its so out of place. you have a ridiculous bias and just cant admit that rick ross made a great album. i was a huge ross hater but i will at least admit when im wrong. the first half of deeper than rap was great and telfon don was actually one of the best rap albums of the year.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 06:16:26 AM »
^No, the thing is, if he did make it, I would admit it.

It's far from it. You're a major supporter of Southern music, no surprise there.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 06:45:25 AM »

It's far from it. You're a major supporter of Southern music, no surprise there.

lmao go cry in your backpack about it. yet another south hater who thinks they are superior.

Anunikke

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 06:49:02 AM »

lmao go cry in your backpack about it. yet another south hater who thinks they are superior.
Cham a backpacker? don't you have to listen to underground hip-hop to be a backpacker?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:54 AM »
i cant take any list seriously with rick ross in it...

and you guys can hate all you want, but kanye deserves to be in the top 5.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »

agreedo

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
whoa this thread isn't about BitchesBrew and her opinion, you shouldn't even try 2 fight that battle becuz it's no battle, it's shock value and pure bias.  pretty much everybody in this thread fan or not has agree'd that Ross has put out one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the year and fan or not you have to admit it's one of the more compelling albums of the year.  

1 monkey don't stop no show, ignore her, it's like negotiating with a toddler about which channel to keep the TV on.  Drake shits on your favorite rapper so big whoopty whoop that tha nigga blessed the track, but Ross killed it too so whut's it to him [no cop out].

"BMF" was the biggest record of the year easy just like when "I Get Money" came out (that seems so long ago for some reason).  It was bigger than any record off of "Recovery" was that's for sure.  Tha white kids just ate it up like they usually do but AS FAR AS HIP HOP IN 2010 GOES it's almost safe to say that "BMF" was the biggest record of the year just becuz it was a Trend all in it's self, there wasn't anything on "Recovery" that was even close to that but whut do we know we're just the group and he's just the ant on the outside on the door under the rug that's still wet from last night's rain water ass nigga [no bullshit].  There wasn't anything off of "Recovery" outside of those two singles that you heard, so if we being honest and judging it based on value then we have to be fair .  I'm a fan just becuz he's with the regime but honestly Eminem hasn't really done anything in these past couple of years and albums that blew me away.  

In fact the only good albums he had was "Infinite" and "The Eminem Show", MMLP was over rated and I never understood tha hype around it, I still don't understand how it was offensive, SSLP was always pretty corny (i just liked Em becuz he was fuckin' wit Dre at that point and I knew he could rip shit when he wanted to).   And we all can pretty much agree on "Encore" and "Relapse", while "Recovery" will always seem debatable by die-hard standards.  His guest appearances are always pretty hot tho, his albums not so much (i liked "Roman's Revenge").

Actually Dina's list (LMAO!) isn't a bad list, it's actually on point.  I don't know about "R.P.M." but honestly I haven't even listened to tha album, i'm not really a Talib fan (Hi Tek be kickin' it tho).  I'd say give me "Flockaveli" with tha bonus tracks, i'd say probably "Last Train To Paris" and that new Nipsey are gonna be in tha top 10/top 5 of this year.  I might even say "Pink Friday" but I don't know I'm not really tryna give that shit a listen just yet, I haven't found tha mood yet.  The end of the year is always when the best music comes out.  "Pilot Talk I and II" is an honorable mention for me just becuz of the Instrumentals alone.  On my life Curren$y has some of the best music you can get high too (try it!)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:38:35 AM by Banned »

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »
I don't wanna offend anybody here, but 90% of those who bumped Recovery like that have a vagina... I'm just saying, mostly only seen my friends who are girls really enjoy and praise the album outside this forum but that doesn't take away from the dope songs that are still on it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »

Bingo.

& Radiotube, success means absolutely nothing. You're a complete moron if you think there was bigger singles than "Not Afraid" & "Love The Way You Lie"; don't prove that you're THAT much of an idiot to debate that.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Bingo.

& Radiotube, success means absolutely nothing. You're a complete moron if you think there was bigger singles than "Not Afraid" & "Love The Way You Lie"; don't prove that you're THAT much of an idiot to debate that.

yeah but those songs are pussified tracks for chicks to bump, are you saying dudes seriously bump that shit in the car and are proud of it?